UEFA Champions League Leg 2: Arsenal vs. Manchester United (5/5/09, 2:45 ESPN)

The leg 1 post was in the depths somewhere, so I figured we'd get a tabula rasa crackin' for this one.

2-1 Manchester in extra time, with Rooney possibly getting thrown out
pimp.gif

2-1 MU also... teves n berbatov for united, adebayors goofy +@* gets loose early for the gunners

I'm going with Arsenal because they have never been knocked out of a semifinal in European play, I see the trend continuing here.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Slap in the face for calling this the UEFA Cup.
Is it not a cup? I'm new to all these European leagues, my apologies to the fútbol purists
laugh.gif

1-1 final score, Manure advances.

I'm gonna guess that if Arsenal score first, they'll play extra tight the rest of the way and try to get this thing into extra time. Arsenal simply cannot afford to give up ANY goals in this match.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Is it not a cup? I'm new to all these European leagues, my apologies to the fútbol purists
laugh.gif
uefa cup is for the rejects

uefa champons league is for the elite teams

laugh.gif

its not about being 'purists' and whatnot... the UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League are 2 different tournaments. The Champions League is comprised ofthe top teams from the various European leagues, while the UEFA Cup features the 'secondary' teams from the European leagues. A tournament of the"best of the rest", if you will.

Anyway, I see Anderson's been chosen...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
Come on, dude. I normally wouldn't nit-pick but the UEFA Cup is completely different than the CL.

ManU 3 - Arsenal 1

WTH, Rooney's the only 'striker' and SAF has him wide on the left with CRon up front??? 4-5-1???

EDIT ~ Park Ji-Sung!!!

Back
Top Bottom