UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - ROUND OF 16 - 1ST LEG

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

If Liverpool get to the semis again, I'm gonna puke.

indifferent.gif
@ Sporting Lisbon. What the he.ll are they doing in this competition? Platini should exclude every Portugese club from entering the UCL next season solely based on this performance alone.
You might need to start puking then I'm afraid. They're making it far again just because they play ugly, but effective football in the CL.

Sporting got lucky with a favorable group, while teams like Bordeaux and Werder Bremen got put in rather hard groups and would have put up more of a fight.

anyone want to tell Momo Sissoko he's not Maradona? dude a beast of a defensive mid but he tries to be Messi when the balls at his feet, dude just needs todo his job and be an enforcer.

the midfield was awful today, no one had any composure and gave the ball away too easily. then we began to settle to long balls over the top once Drogbascored, thats not Juve's style, keep the ball on the pitch and use your tactical ability.

and for god sake, Ranieri HAS TOO trust his youngsters. get Molinaro out of there and start Paolo De Ceglie, there is not one single thing that Molinaro doeson the pitch better then De Ceglie. Claudio Marchisio needs to to be a full time starter in the center of the pitch..the kids the next De Rossi and it shouldnot be a question whether or not hes in the starting XI. and last and CERTAINLY not least....WHERE THE HELL WAS GIOVINCO?? Ranieri didnt even have him on thesubstitutes bench, are you serious...i dont think he will, but i wouldnt blame the kid if he left Juve.

Mauro Camorenesi is one of my favorite player, but he needs to get healthy, or Juve need a better back up the Marchioni.

with all that said, i expect Juve to take it back to Torino and win 2-1, then leave it up too penalties and god knows Juve and Chelsea dont have the best ofluck with penalties...it should be interesting.

Originally Posted by JJUVE

with all that said, i expect Juve to take it back to Torino and win 2-1, then leave it up too penalties and god knows Juve and Chelsea dont have the best of luck with penalties...it should be interesting.
If its 2-1 Chelsea wins on away goals. 1-0 would be the only result that would cause it to go to penalties.

^thats right i dont know what i was thinking, i always seem to forget the away goals rule...that means we have to come out hot because conceding a goal couldbe the end of it...Juve havent scored more then 2 goals to many time this year so you cant expect them to win 3-1.

Originally Posted by Curious24

liverpool will advance as they will play a 1-9 at anfield

Originally Posted by Lootpac

You might need to start puking then I'm afraid. They're making it far again just because they play ugly, but effective football in the CL.
smh.gif
This is what annoys me about Liverpool. All the talent in theworld but they are dreadful to watch. Unfortunately, all the big clubs have resorted to ugly soccer in the last few years in order to get deep into thistourny. Arsenal in 06, Barca vs. AC Milan in 06, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd. in 08, etc.

Hopefully Real can put 2 goals past Reina at Anfield and eliminate these bums, although that'll be easier said than done.

Other than Sporting Lisbon, every club remaining has a chance of advancing. I'm really liking Arsenal's chances of making it to the final 8 yet again.The most important thing about playing at home in the UCL is not conceding any goals. Arsenal likely only need 1 goal in Rome to book a spot in the next round.

Originally Posted by Curious24

liverpool will advance as they will play a 1-9 at anfield

Originally Posted by Lootpac

smh.gif
This is what annoys me about Liverpool. All the talent in the world but they are dreadful to watch. Unfortunately, all the big clubs have resorted to ugly soccer in the last few years in order to get deep into this tourny. Arsenal in 06, Barca vs. AC Milan in 06, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd. in 08, etc.

Hopefully Real can put 2 goals past Reina at Anfield and eliminate these bums, although that'll be easier said than done.

Other than Sporting Lisbon, every club remaining has a chance of advancing. I'm really liking Arsenal's chances of making it to the final 8 yet again. The most important thing about playing at home in the UCL is not conceding any goals. Arsenal likely only need 1 goal in Rome to book a spot in the next round.
Really anymore thats your only option, you can play beautiful football and try to go at the other guys, but they may kill you with a counter, oryou can sit back and reduce your mistakes and slowly shuffle the ball through the midfield hoping a chance will open up. It kinda sucks the fun out of thecompetition.

I think Arsenal secured their place in the next round, and a goal would secure it for sure.

Recap of 1st leg.

Bendtner is an idiot. (I still love you, but damn man...)
V. Persie rescued Arsenal once again.
Roma is terrible.
Adriano is slow and fat. (I still love you.)
Man U is the Toronto Raptors of soccer. (F-L-O-P-P-E-R-S)
Carrick is a #!%.
Giggs is too old to score.
Bayern is through.
Juventus sucks.
Barca has a tough road.
Liverpool got lucky.
Atletico better win.
Villareal needs to FINISH.

2 weeks to go...Lets go Gunners, Inter, Real and Barca!

Liverpool FC
pimp.gif
if only we played like that in the premierleague...
smh.gif

what's up with all the hate on Liverpool here?? ugly football???
sure we play ugly football, but hey we win that's all it matters.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Recap of 1st leg.

Bendtner is an idiot. (I still love you, but damn man...)
V. Persie rescued Arsenal once again.
Roma is terrible.
Adriano is slow and fat. (I still love you.)
Man U is the Toronto Raptors of soccer. (F-L-O-P-P-E-R-S)
Carrick is a #!%.
Giggs is too old to score.
Bayern is through.
Juventus sucks.
Barca has a tough road.
Liverpool got lucky.
Atletico better win.
Villareal needs to FINISH.

2 weeks to go...Lets go Gunners, Inter, Real and Barca!
United are floppers? We attacked the whole game....if inter attacked the whole game they would have gotten the same free kicks united did. Giggsscored the game before and the balls werent at his feet vs inter.

Originally Posted by imSOLEsick

Liverpool FC
pimp.gif
if only we played like that in the premier league...
smh.gif

We watch sports to be entertained, not to be bored to death. Watching Liverpool in the UCL is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Originally Posted by imSOLEsick

Liverpool FC
pimp.gif
if only we played like that in the premier league...
smh.gif

We watch sports to be entertained, not to be bored to death. Watching Liverpool in the UCL is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
You didn't look at his sig though, winning seems to be the only thing that matters to him:
Liverpool FC, Bulls, Yankees, 49ers
The only thing more boring than Liverpool is when Liverpool plays Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom