?uestlove celebrity stories (Last Update PG.6: Benicio D T, Madonna, Rosario Dawson)

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- i got one more update and im done.....

The
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
you mean you done??? You Bull
'n with bars G
smh.gif

Just Blaze

this is how i know JB is the +@!!.

we have NONE of the masters to reasonable doubt.

they are lost.

some of them %+!@# were done mixtape style straight to dat (hello primo!)

well...there was NO master to "brooklyn's finest"

blaze said "imma get big's vocals accapella"

i said impossible.

this mofo put it in pro tools and singlehandedly squeezed all the music away---like taking an eraser and getting rid of EVERY element but bigs voice.

i know it aint no celeb scandal +@!! but .....if you are an engineer...you will be more impressed with this entry than you are the will smith story

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I need to know how he did that...ASAP!!

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

His typing skills are very bad

- keep in mind a lot of this stuff was typed on some sort of portable device probably. like Ben Baller here, ?uest is always on the OKP forum, he just mightnot be sitting right in front of a CPU.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

- i got one more update and im done.....

The
you mean you done??? You Bull
'n with bars G
smh.gif

-
laugh.gif
, i actually pm'ed ?uest and asked him to post more"session" stories. i mean its cool to hear this and that about celebs, but what i like to hear most are the session stories like the Bilal story onthe first page and the Just Blaze and Dilla stories. those mesmorize me. i love thos stories about the makings of classic albums. but he never responded
tired.gif
. i dont even think they communicate on OKP like that really,especially with its format being so prehistoric (i think, they've had that same forum format since the internets was brand new).

- you're not missing much outside of what ive posted, i took the best stories out of his OG post which was maybe 85% of what he posted. the stories i leftout would bore most folks on here and even the average so called music fan (i left out the stories he had with Wendy and Lisa of Prince fame). you'll haveto goto OKP for the rest. (id close all other windows on my PC though) that thread is around 65K replies deep. im not kidding when i say it'll crash yourcomputer. word to:
Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i used to read these on okp til that post got so deep that my firefox stalled once i clicked on the topic

good to see them in a more computer friendly format here

**last one**

- dont expect a big finale, these stories are okay. i used the George Clinton/ Dame Dash/ Memphis Bleek/ Bobby Brown stories for what i thought was going to bethe last, my bad.

- these stories arent bad, but dont expect no crack pipes or cocaine in these stories. the Madonna one is hand over face funny, the Benicio really isnt aBenicio story but its cool, and the Eric Benet and Rosario Dawson stories were cool too.
janet jackson.

the best story is the tootie facts of life 10/2001 update i did round here.

i can say that janet is one of my biggest supporters when it comes to spinning (i was called to dj her after jawn in philly but she is incapacitated due to exhaustion)

my 2nd gig for her in vegas was a party she hired me for to dj JD's 30th partyday party.

3 hours in money was DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZUNK she was in the booth all embarrassed like *hand on my shoulder* please excuse him....he is drunk tonight"

meanwhile im like

*will
*never
*wash
*shoulder
*a
GAIN*

Eric Benet

strip clubs.

my favorite celeb to go to the strip clubs with.

Rosario Dawson.

rosario came to philly to attend my 30th bday celebration.

me, james, vick du and i decided to do dinner at this local southern cuisine spot called Bluezette.

this spot got a lil shine when oprah gave them the "best mac n cheese" award on her show (she has 3 other spots called Deliahs"

so naturally the owner dee saunters up and starts jockin Ro.
and then she looks at me in that Jackee' sorta "euuuh" way.
she's looking at my afro pick.

she decides to go there.

"um mmm...hmmm i dunno....about....that"

--we look confused

she then awkwardly passive aggressively hints:

"uh.....the gentlemen here...don't wear...that"

EXCUSE ME?

"you should remove that thing out of your head"

i walked out of there. never to return.

weeks later the chef saw me in the streets and apologized and told me "she was sorry and didn't know who you were and begged you to come back"

im like dog...that woman had the nerve to come up and embarrass me in front of my date and just think that #%!% is cool?!?!?"

i waited 8 months to trash delilahs by taking a blind taste food test in the city paper and TRASHING her spot.

Michel Gondry

my ex and i used to throw game night and a host of our friends would come by and play. i think for labor day it rained so we brought the que inside. and i introduced paul barman to michel. thought it was casual.

2 weeks later they made a friggin ALBUM!!!!

(gondry drums.....and paul is paul)

#%!% is dope!

Benicio Del Toro

so...during a dinner break when i was playing the knowels sisters the tracey morgan and aries sears from g-unit radio (yes jay thought spears's "kinda had it down" but as we all know ll was the clear winner.

so if you remember there are GUNSHOTS seperated tween the sketches which made jay tell me "yo man....them weak *%+ gunshots on "here comes the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" aint flying.

i want you to find me the g-unit gunshots.

me: (looks at just)
just blaze: (looks at me)
me: (looks at jay)
jay: (looks at me)
me: (looks at jay's production manager)
PM: shurgs.

yes. jay is normal. but he does got that rich guy *snaps fingers* and its done.

"i mean you want me to sample these guns?"
naw i want the guns from where THEY got it from...

"so how do you want me to do this?"

call em.

"call em? i dont know em know em"

"ahmir you can do it....just tell em you need the guns...just dont tell em its for me"

uh....dude how do i start? im not team fif....im team jay!

"haaa man we aint in comp....you are AHMIR the most loved appreciated dude in hip hop...what they gone look like saying no to a man of your respect?"

none of this gassing me up #%!% is working man but ill do it

(sure enough.....whoo kid was on the phone in 20 mins! and he gave me the source of his loudest gun shot.... TRAFFIC!)

of course this also means making magic happen and making a movie night of it (this can be a 2fer for the person who watched this flick with me for isolated gunshots --which is a task at 3am--was aurrora jolie (who spilled tea on my dj hard drive which subsequently means that i never called her back after this sin)---anywho...how does this connect to Ben?

well in saving my hardrive i had a jawn that both he and i are mutually cool with rush me around all of miami to find someone to save my hardrive---

of course i told her the entire story.

*fade to black.......enter yesterday*

im in the car of the "mutual jawn" and she tells me

"how strange is this....i had to tell ben that you stayed up all night looking from his gun samples for jay z. like he is more honored about that than he is winning an oscar.

now back to the part yall care about....

i didn't hit AJ

madonna

no personal stories for they have been industry events. but i can type as an observer on some vicarious #%!%.....

we stopped voodoo sessions early one so D could sing happy birthday (he wound up doing half hour worth of songs....she melted on "knocks me off my feet") plain and simple she was gonna give him the *%+....

my man d.

i was like "why are we back in this studio?...you know and i know where you should be right now:....

he was like "dog i aint no one's puppet. she $!%%%% with tupac for a month to get some cred and when she got what she wanted she was out....and aint letting no woman puppetize me for her gain.....sides....i aint trying to run the wrath of 2 million black women just cause that's famous +%!+$.....plus she aint got no *%+...."

Bono

bono is like the president.
i met him 4 times in post U2 activity
and i met him 2ce on some personal #%!%.
i wish he was obama's running mate.
no major funny stories. i can attest that he is sincere and ernest in real life as on tv.
i mean the 9-10-01 session of "what's goin on" he really didn't have to talk to me for 20 mins about why its important for us to fight together for causes. i mean for gods sake destiny's child and i came in the room at the same time....

yet he came to me first....i was like "dude im just the least famous person drumming on this project" but he made me feel the same like justin and brit who was in the room too.

never forgot that....and the other subsequent times we met he still remembered me.

and his assistant is like COT DAMNMMMMMMY!!!

Good stuff. I enjoyed the Donovan McNabb story off OKP.

Dilla story is priceless
pimp.gif
Mos Def/Puffy
roll.gif
Bilal
eek.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Just Blaze

they are lost.

i said impossible.

this mofo put it in pro tools and singlehandedly squeezed all the music away---like taking an eraser and getting rid of EVERY element but bigs voice.

i know it aint no celeb scandal +@!! but .....if you are an engineer...you will be more impressed with this entry than you are the will smith story

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
track 1 has brooklyn's finest. track 2 is where you dump the instrumental. on track 1, loop the beat with no vox then dump that on track 2.phase reverse track 2 and the instrumental should phase itself out. now all you have left is vox. i've done before with a song and an acapella to make aninstrumental. ?uest is right tho, i'm more impressed with this than the will story
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by QUEST UNO

Just Blaze

they are lost.

i said impossible.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
track 1 has brooklyn's finest. track 2 is where you dump the instrumental. on track 1, loop the beat with no vox then dump that on track 2. phase reverse track 2 and the instrumental should phase itself out. now all you have left is vox. i've done before with a song and an acapella to make an instrumental. ?uest is right tho, i'm more impressed with this than the will story
laugh.gif

wait something about that just doesn't make any sense, unless what you're saying is to use the instrumental from track 2 to remove theinstrumentals from track 1

Originally Posted by renkxedik

Originally Posted by QUEST UNO

Just Blaze

they are lost.

i said impossible.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
track 1 has brooklyn's finest. track 2 is where you dump the instrumental. on track 1, loop the beat with no vox then dump that on track 2. phase reverse track 2 and the instrumental should phase itself out. now all you have left is vox. i've done before with a song and an acapella to make an instrumental. ?uest is right tho, i'm more impressed with this than the will story
laugh.gif
wait something about that just doesn't make any sense, unless what you're saying is to use the instrumental from track 2 to remove the instrumentals from track 1

Yea I see what your saying, but something about that doesn't make sense...if track 1 has the beat with no vox wouldn't that just be an instrumental?and if you get an instrumental + the original track..the polarity of the signal wouldn't be the same if you phase it out because the vocals of the OGtrack..right? I'll try this out though, I'm curious to see how this will work...

enjoyed reading most of those stories. some had me rollin. some i was like dumbfounded. great thread though
but i agree, i wanted to read more stories about dilla, common, and mos

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

"Eddie Murphy" + Prince story #2

then he opens the briefcase.....

pulls out the most unique skates i ever seen in my life. they were clear skates that not only lights up but when you skate the friction of the wheels to the ground causes sparks to come into your trail....

sorta like the billie jean video for the skating generation.

he did a lap around the rink leaving a rainbow trail of light and sparks in his trail. and the *!%%$ could skate!!!!!

murph caught up with me like

"imma get your phone for you....."

lol

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
Is this story true? Lol it cant be, i got 8 min abs reading this. Rainbow sparks. Wow
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom