UK soldier killed in Afghanistan leaves friends £100,000 for Las Vegas party

U.S soldiers have the option of getting insured up to 400,000 on their SGLI, plus a 100,000 dollar death gratuity. Most infantry soldiers opt for the full amount, so every death a half a million goes out to whoever the soldier has designated. Also, soldier have the opportunity to get other policies as well, so a lot of dudes who die leave their family very well off.

I work in Casualty and Mortuary Affairs for the Army, and while my job is notifications, we also deal with survivor benefits. It's a damn shame how people act over money. It's also funny when people show up thinking they are about to be paid, and don't get left anything.

But back to the article, I'm assuming that the Royal Marines have a similar policy. Also, it's not like his friends went to Vegas right after he died. They've waited a year. It's time.
and yes soldiers get paid...they usually come home to nice amounts cause its just stacking back home unless some is spending it for them
Correct, most of the money is also tax-exempt.  Every soldier that deploys isn't doing it due to patriotism.  These dudes are stacking chips!

Unfortunately, you are also correct in the latter part of your statement.  I've experienced many situations where soldier's weren't monitoring their finances, and were just trusting their spouses with their money, and they came home to less than 10k.

30t6p3b.gif

32 friends though?!

I mean, I was thinking like 12 max. 6 GREAT friends and their partners.

16 people plus partners sounds like some people jumped aboard the train.

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

Man i cant see myself partying after knowing somebody so closely who just died....

KANYE SHRUG*

Qft I'd be to sad to party it up big maybe after some months :/

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

reading comprehension FAIL to 90% of the people who posted in this thread.
THIS!

I think he was a heck of a friend! RIP and salute to him!

dudes really talking about taxation and percentages right now?? 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

my man though... thats some G *###
pimp.gif

They should take all the money and put it on red at the roulette table and double it.

Back
Top Bottom