ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL - I left with a great respect for "HOUSE MUSIC"

Went to Ultra yesterday and it completely blew my mind. I'm someone who grew up on Hip/Hop but after experiencing Ultra yesterday I must say that it was truly worth the trip. DJ Tiesto absolutely killed it, I thought David Guetta was good until Tiesto closed the show. For those House music fans out there, sign me up for this movement.

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

yeah im mad

couldnt go cuz my hook up sold out

next year i aint waiting to the last minute

i went to a dj jazzy jeff and dj am event last year. probably one of the best music experiences of my life. wish i had the time to go this year.

I heard the A-Trax x Travis Barker DJ AM tribute was off the chain. I was watching the live stream and saw Bloody Beetroots live and it was amazing. I'm glad I'm still seeing a majority of the major artist come April for Coachella

MIAMI FTW!!!! Ultra is sick, funny seeing old people on that thing in the club tripping out...

Swedish House and Armin absolutely MURDERED Main Stage. Tiesto was AWESOME on Day 1 and Eric Prydz must have been on 1,000 rolls because he threw down. It was unreal

movement? house has been around for over 20 years easily man....i'm lucky enough to have grown up in chicago and saw some of the greats...Dj funk...best booty house dj hands down....few more to name....marquess wyatt...dj colette...dj dan...of course bad boy bill....mixin marc...mark farina...derrick carter...i also grew up on hip hop...but electronic music always has a place in my love for music....

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Went to Ultra yesterday and it completely blew my mind. I'm someone who grew up on Hip/Hop but after experiencing Ultra yesterday I must say that it was truly worth the trip. DJ Tiesto absolutely killed it, I thought David Guetta was good until Tiesto closed the show. For those House music fans out there, sign me up for this movement.
i went through the same experience last year with Electric Zoo Festival in NYC...i didn't even like house at the time, but figured what the hell, it's a trip to NYC.

So i went with, we went to the festival both days, absolutely NUTS!  awesome!!!!

that Ultra lineup blew my frickin mind...for those of you in the NYC area, I expect Electric Zoo to have a similar star studded lineup this year.

I'm thinking of making a Official House Music thread...you guys think it's worth it?

David Guetta was absolutely trash from a Dj and Music Perspective he had no business being on main stage. if anything they should have put Gareth Emery there instead of that Self Promoting individual. " I'm David Guetta Bi#$Ch" SOOOOOOO CORNY

Originally Posted by JonnyBlazeNyc

David Guetta was absolutely trash from a Dj and Music Perspective he had no business being on main stage. if anything they should have put Gareth Emery there instead of that Self Promoting individual. " I'm David Guetta Bi#$Ch" SOOOOOOO CORNY
yea, he's not all that great live imo...it's hard to be really good live when all your songs are vocals with famous celebrities ya know...iuno, just my thought.

hey, how was Kaskade though?  i LOVE kaskade, and he puts on a GREAT show all the time!!!

Progressive/Electro-Pop/Trance =
sick.gif

If you want to hear the real timeless #### check out Frankie Knuckles, Larry Heard, Kerri Chandler, Dennis Ferrer, Charles Webster

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i went through the same experience last year with Electric Zoo Festival in NYC...i didn't even like house at the time, but figured what the hell, it's a trip to NYC.

So i went with, we went to the festival both days, absolutely NUTS!  awesome!!!!

that Ultra lineup blew my frickin mind...for those of you in the NYC area, I expect Electric Zoo to have a similar star studded lineup this year.

I'm thinking of making a Official House Music thread...you guys think it's worth it?
I mean the electro thread is petty much all EDM music thread. It just so happens to be called Electro but we discuss all genres

Yea electric zoo was nuts both days last year....tickets r already on sale for it....can't wait, hope Tiesto comes this year

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Yea electric zoo was nuts both days last year....tickets r already on sale for it....can't wait, hope Tiesto comes this year
you know i already bought my tix
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  so jacked for it...i think they'll get tiesto this year...

last year was the first year, and the lineup was crazy...this year, it's gonna wayyyyy more packed, so they're gonna have to get an even better lineup.

^ Respect the Opinion Bana, But I think SHM crushed anything else out there. The only level of energy I could find that compared was Kaskade or Gareth Emery in Brazil

Damn...Tiesto, Guetta, Deadmau5, nas/marley, oakelnfold , AVB all in one place? I wish we had something like this in CA..Anybody know if theres anything liek this in CA anytime soon?

Back
Top Bottom