UN PROPHETE/A PROPHET is a MUST WATCH film

330wymh.jpg

I know this film has been mentioned a couple times, but I just watched this movie and I must say, i think NT will love this. If you are looking for a great prison crime/gangster story that goes even a little deeper dealing with race, culture, etc. this movie will satisfy. There's been a lot of comparisons to THE GODFATHER (its 2 1/2 hrs) but i'd say it's more OZ meets the GODFATHER II DeNiro storyline - it's a coming of age story of an arab thug kid in a french prison who gets mixed up with a mafia boss inside.

HIGHLY recommend this movie, I was able to find a DVD quality with english subs and it's currently in theaters in NYC. It is the french selection at the Oscars for Best Foreign Film. Here's a trailer:

I have been trying to find a release date for dvd or blue ray, but can not find anything.

anyone hear anything?

The MKV. has been out for a few days now I believe. I thought about giving it a try, but it looks like gomorra, which i didn't care for.

the only thing i don't like about foreign films is the subtitles.  it's probably just me, but i can't really get into the story if i have to read then pay attention to what's going on
frown.gif
. i'll probably watch it if i can find a dl though...

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:  One I found is 6GBs....is it THAT good?

Get the 1.58GB version:
Code:
A Prophet (2009)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235166/Rating: 8.3/10 (363 votes)148m59s640x3521048 kbpsFrench AC3 256 kbpsSubs English (hardcoded)
Code:
Code:

Back
Top Bottom