UNC/Auburn Women Who Were Shot

Shocked I couldnt find a thread on this on here. Terrible stuff right here, for 2 women to be randomly gunned down like this and die the way they died,disgusting. An arrest has been made in the case of Lauren Burk who was a DG at Auburn and there is a lead for the young women who was shot at UNC.

Pretty sad stuff, and a terrible way for both young women to be shot and murdered in cold blood, jesus.

One was at UNC the other at Auburn the girl at Auburn was a DG. How someone is able to shoot a woman in the head, is beyond me. Hopefully both suspects arebrought to justice and then some because this is truly a travesty.
art.burk.ap.jpg

An Auburn University student was found fatally shot on a highway just before her car was discovered in flames on campus, several miles away.

Lauren Burk, a freshman at Auburn University in Alabama, was found fatally shot Tuesday along a highway.

Auburn police were investigating Tuesday's death of Lauren Burk as a homicide but made no immediate arrests.

"As soon as we know more we might release it, but what information we have now we're holding it close to our chest," police Capt. Tom Stofer said.

University officials advised students in an e-mail around noon Wednesday that there was "no indication of additional danger to campus or student safety."

But the school said the police presence on campus had been increased.

Burk, an 18-year-old freshman from Marietta, Georgia, was found wounded on Alabama Highway 147 around 9 p.m. Tuesday.

Auburn police said her Honda Civic was found engulfed in flames at the campus about 20 minutes later.

She died Tuesday night at a hospital. Watch reporter describe details of case »

Gov. Bob Riley's office is offering a $10,000 reward in the case, Stofer said.

An on-campus prayer vigil for Burk was being organized by her friends, and a memorial was being planned by her sorority, Delta Gamma.

"Delta Gammas across the country offer hope and friendship to Lauren's family and all who have been affected by this tragedy," the sorority's national office said in a statement.

Police say they have no leads in the murder of a University of North Carolina student body president and believe the young woman's death was a random, isolated act of violence.

Lieutenant Kevin Gunter of the Chapel Hill Police Department told CBS' The Early Show there were no leads at this time. "We are working tirelessly to try to develop any information we possibly can about any suspects in this case," he said.

Meanwhile, students at the University of North Carolina were in a state of shock Friday after Eve Marie Carson's death. Carson, the president of the student body, was found shot to death this week.

Wearing Tar Heel blue and projecting images of Carson, thousands gathered on the campus of UNC Thursday night to simply reflect on the life of one of its brightest, reported CBS News correspondent Michelle Miller.

"Everyone that ever met Eve adored her," one said.

The 22-year-old's life came to a tragic end early Wednesday morning. Police found her bullet-riddled body lying in the street only a mile away from campus.

Carson, a Chapel Hill senior from Athens, Ga., was a prestigious scholar and the student body president.

Carson was considered an integral part of the local community, volunteering her free time to teach and tutor.

Her brutal murder comes on the heels of another campus homicide. Eighteen-year-old Auburn University student Lauren Burk was found murdered on Tuesday.

Even though the homicides on the surface may look similar, it appears to be unlikely that they are connected.

"It's just a tragic event," Gunter told The Early Show. "Obviously the incident has turned our whole community upside down, to be quite honest. This person was very close to the university, very well regarded in the community. It's just, again, a tragic, tragic crime."

Anyone with information is being urged to call (919) 968-2760 or Crimestoppers at (919) 942-7515.

Carson was last seen alive at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, when she stayed home to do schoolwork while her roommates went out, authorities said. Officers found the body of a young woman about a mile from campus after neighbors reported hearing shots around 5 a.m.
The medical examiner says there's no indication Carson was sexually assaulted.

"My information is she was an extraordinarily busy woman and it wasn't unusual for her to go to the office in the middle of the night," police Chief Brian Curran said. "But we don't know that's what she was doing."

Here is a picture of the guy who was arrested in connection the the Auburn death.

lockhart_for_web.jpg

We live in a sad, sad world. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to grow up in Baghdad or the Sudan.
frown.gif

Both shooters are black men and both victims are white women.
tired.gif
Idon't see Sharpton or Jackson preaching on TV. I guess they only care about injustices against black people...even though they preach about equality.

These people who are responsible sicken me. I can not begin to imagine how a person can take the lives of such young, promising people.

Originally Posted by The Smoothest

tired.gif
I don't see Sharpton or Jackson preaching on TV. I guess they only care about injustices against black people...even though they preach about equality.

Of course you wont be hearing about it from them. Nor will you hear about the young couple who was at University of Tennessee who got raped (both male andfemale) dismembered and thrown on rail roads tracks and set on fire. No reason for any of this to happen.

tired.gif
I don't see Sharpton or Jackson preaching on TV. I guess they only care about injustices against black people...even though they preach about equality.

Very sad indeed. What could possibly be the reason for these inhumane acts?

They give Black people a bad name. How could I ever blame white parents for warning their daughters
not to hang around black folks.

Sad...but true.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

tired.gif

Very sad indeed. What could possibly be the reason for this?

They give Black people a bad name. How could I ever blame white parents for warning their daughters

Sad...but true.

Agreed
tired.gif

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

tired.gif

Very sad indeed. What could possibly be the reason for these inhumane acts?

Sad...but true.

From what I have read it seems like both were just robberies/car jackings. I dont think there is much more to it then that.

^ If that makes any kind of sense to you....or even puts it in prespective for you, then so be it.

I makes no sense to me.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

tired.gif

Of course you wont be hearing about it from them. Nor will you hear about the young couple who was at University of Tennessee who got raped (both male and female) dismembered and thrown on rail roads tracks and set on fire. No reason for any of this to happen.

Yeah both stories are extremely sad. I didn't know the UT murder case made national news...it was such a sad story but it really didn't even makethat much news around here

don't turn this into an unwarranted racial thread.

i didn't know her personally, but the reaction and support on UNC campus to Eve's death is pretty overwhelming. i know folks who canceled their springbreak plans and are attending her funeral because that extremist Catholic group WBC is planning on picketing and protesting at it
smh.gif
unbelievable that thereare people out there who are so out of touch with reality.

two extremely unnecessary crimes. truly sad. rest in peace Eve...
n2703651_37011702_8232.jpg

Westboro's going to be there?? I thought they only went to soldier's funeral...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

straight from their website:

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]03/09/2008[/td] [td]2:15 PM - 3:00 PM[/td] [td]Athens, GA[/td] [td]First United Methodist Church 327 Lumpkin St. This is for the funeral of Eve Carson. Although her death was reportedly described as "a random crime," we know that this is nothing less than the Wrath of God upon the children of Disobediance. You have taught your children to cater to every lust and false religous system and to reject the Word of God. It does not matter that she was the student body president of the University of North Carolina. What matters here is that God did not slay YOU today and you have an opportunity to repent of your crimes against God. However, this is nothing less than the Quarrel of the Covenant. Like Esau, you have sold your birthright, america, and chosen to live as a $*%$@. You have been cast out with no blessings, and now you are irreversibly headed for Hell. Now, "Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation." (Judges 10:14) "I spake unto thee in thy prosperity; but thou saidst, I will not hear. This hath been thy manner from thy youth, that thou obeyedst not my voice. The wind shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness." (Jeremiah 22:21-22) America is Doomed. Amen.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]03/09/2008[/td] [td]4:45 PM - 5:30 PM[/td] [td]Marietta, GA[/td] [td]Temple Kol Emeth 1415 Old Canton Rd. This is for the funeral of Lauren Burk. When another one of these americans die, we rejoice because our God is avenging us for the crimes committed by your cowardly brutes (in uniform or not, it makes no differencee) and whores. Of course, you will not declare this the Wrath of God (Amos 3:6). Don't you know that if God doesn't protect you and get your back, you can't win a war, can't protect the american house? It doesn't matter how many police officers you can train to break their oaths, or how many crimes you can praise your marines for committing. You can not fix this nation without God, and now you are doomed because you would not listen to His Messangers. Psalm 127:1- Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Jer 21:4 Thus saith the LORD God of Israel; Behold, I will turn back the weapons of war that are in your hands, wherewith ye fight against the king of Babylon, and against the Chaldeans, which besiege you without the walls, and I will assemble them into the midst of this city. 5 And I myself will fight against you with an outstretched hand and with a strong arm, even in anger, and in fury, and in great wrath. America is Doomed. Amen.[/td] [/tr][/table]
unbelievable. they'll end up causing a ruckus and getting the attention they crave. i'd find myself hard-pressed to not want to land a right hook inFred Phelps face, but that's exactly what he wants...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

don't turn this into an unwarranted racial thread.

i didn't know her personally, but the reaction and support on UNC campus to Eve's death is pretty overwhelming. i know folks who canceled their spring break plans and are attending her funeral because that extremist Catholic group WBC is planning on picketing and protesting at it
smh.gif
unbelievable that there are people out there who are so out of touch with reality.

two extremely unnecessary crimes. truly sad. rest in peace Eve...
n2703651_37011702_8232.jpg

WBC is a Baptist church full of Calvinistic nutcases...they hate Catholics. anyway its very sad to hear this. promising lives taken too soon. R.I.P.

First United Methodist Church 327 Lumpkin St. This is for the funeral of Eve Carson. Although her death was reportedly described as "a random crime," we know that this is nothing less than the Wrath of God upon the children of Disobediance. You have taught your children to cater to every lust and false religous system and to reject the Word of God. It does not matter that she was the student body president of the University of North Carolina. What matters here is that God did not slay YOU today and you have an opportunity to repent of your crimes against God. However, this is nothing less than the Quarrel of the Covenant. Like Esau, you have sold your birthright, america, and chosen to live as a $*%$@. You have been cast out with no blessings, and now you are irreversibly headed for Hell. Now, "Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation." (Judges 10:14) "I spake unto thee in thy prosperity; but thou saidst, I will not hear. This hath been thy manner from thy youth, that thou obeyedst not my voice. The wind shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness." (Jeremiah 22:21-22) America is Doomed. Amen.
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
Too much religion can make people crazy in the wrong ways....

R.I.P.

If I had nothing to live for I would wipe out that Westboro "church". They do nothing for this world.

I try not to pay attention to those people, it is just to upsetting for me to know there are people that are as ignorant as that.

Back
Top Bottom