Uncut Gems A24 |

A24 always delivers. Great use of one of my favorite Travis Scott songs, Pray 4 Love. Movies like this are what make Adam Sandler's career frustrating, he's capable of great dramatic performances but would rather make terrible Netflix movies (but for what they're paying him I can understand it).

This movie is made by the same brothers who directed Good Time which is another fantastic thriller

EFO6vOIWwAIVrvR.jpg

this from the dudes that did "Good Time'?

Everybody should watch that movie before seeing this, it'll let you know what to expect from this.

this from the dudes that did "Good Time'?

Everybody should watch that movie before seeing this, it'll let you know what to expect from this.

Agreed. I loved "Good Time" but it's not the easiest watch. Something tells me this film goes deep into the underbelly of the gambling/sports betting world.

Sidenote: The NYFF is holding a special screening next week and the week after of "Uncut Gems", I was able to get a ticket for the following week. I'll post a quick review after.

Caught a screening of "Uncut Gems" over the weekend at The New York Film Festival

8f6ec48e6fec37a90668c4bfcb1d275ca8882d0f.jpg

Even though this film broke my heart, which I won't get into for obvious reasons, I loved it. Adam Sandler's performance was phenomenal. Hard to believe this is the same guy making the excess amount of foolery on Netflix yearly. The film centers around a jeweler who's a degenerate gambler. It takes place in 2012 and centers around the Conference Semifinals btwn the Celtics and the Sixers, hence why Kevin Garnett plays a pivotal role. Honestly, the plot is downright genius. I won't go into specifics in fear of ruining the movie for everyone but as with Good Time, the Safdie Brothers do a great job of showing the underbelly of both the jewelry and gambling world.

Speaking of the Safdie brothers, they FaceTimed Adam Sandler during the introduction, who couldn't make the screening because he was in DisneyLand with his family :lol:

5e9e23c892d1772933fc6355afb56331f09a9f64.jpg

7.4 / 8

Last edited:
I didn't like Good Time at all...didn't even finish the movie, and I feel like a lot of the A24 productions are hit or miss, but this flick looks flat out AMAZING.

Back
Top Bottom