Under Armour Curry 5 Thread March 14 2018

Some of these pairs have already sold on ebay for over 300. Guess the buyers didn't know about the restock

Nice to see the gradual progression of UA’s designs.

Each of currys sigs have gotten better.

Anyone kno if theyve brought in designers from other brands, or is it their own team thats progressing?

Kind of bad marketing too. You want you shoes to be sought after, why not make one curry 5 super limited and drive up the hype?

Last edited:
These are fire.
93E0A7BC-0F28-4AAC-904A-285160FEDB1E.jpeg

Remind me of...
air-jordan-xi-ie-cobalt.jpg

Nice to see the gradual progression of UA’s designs.

Each of currys sigs have gotten better.

Anyone kno if theyve brought in designers from other brands, or is it their own team thats progressing?

I would disagree with the idea that each of his shoes has gotten better, but I guess that would depend on how someone defines progress. I think I read somewhere on NT that they're bringing back or bringing in another director for their basketball line because of the direction it's going.

I haven't played in the 2.5, 3 or 4, so I can't comment on those shoes, but plenty of other people have. I don't feel like that many people complained about the 2 compared to the 4. EVA as the cushioning for their only signature basketball shoe (Curry 4) is totally inadequate if you ask me. You can get Boost, Zoom and Bounce around or below the Curry 4 price point. No mention of a different cushioning system for the 5, so they might be going with EVA for those too.

If you take Curry's name off of the 4, it's probably just an afterthought. That's not necessarily true for the Harden 2, Dame 4, KD 9, etc. And this is coming from a UA and Curry fan. I'm eager to try the HOVR Phantoms, and I'd like to see if they can implement HOVR in basketball shoes.

My Pi days just arrived. Packaging is crazy nice in my opinion. Kind of surprised they got here this quickly

I would disagree with the idea that each of his shoes has gotten better, but I guess that would depend on how someone defines progress. I think I read somewhere on NT that they're bringing back or bringing in another director for their basketball line because of the direction it's going.

I haven't played in the 2.5, 3 or 4, so I can't comment on those shoes, but plenty of other people have. I don't feel like that many people complained about the 2 compared to the 4. EVA as the cushioning for their only signature basketball shoe (Curry 4) is totally inadequate if you ask me. You can get Boost, Zoom and Bounce around or below the Curry 4 price point. No mention of a different cushioning system for the 5, so they might be going with EVA for those too.

If you take Curry's name off of the 4, it's probably just an afterthought. That's not necessarily true for the Harden 2, Dame 4, KD 9, etc. And this is coming from a UA and Curry fan. I'm eager to try the HOVR Phantoms, and I'd like to see if they can implement HOVR in basketball shoes.
Bold is bs honestly. All these sneakers are afterthoughts even with the names and I like them all personally.

Tomato tamato. All I'm saying is the tech. in the other shoes is still marketable even if they aren't sigs.

I'll take Boost, Bounce and full Zoom over EVA.

These look pretty dope. It's unfortunate that the early impressions are that the cushion is as firm as the Curry 4s. I don't think my joints can handle it lol.

Back
Top Bottom