Under Armour Curry 5 Thread March 14 2018

https://weartesters.com/under-armour-curry-5-performance-review/

Interesting read. I wasn't interested before so doesn't really matter to me.
Interesting read is right and I may listen because for me the fours were a little disappointing cushioning wise. I need to point out that I'm old baller with crabby knees now so cushioning is a must....I put an insole in the 4's, so not bad. To me the 2's are the best all around Steph shoe.

I like Nightwing's reviews and have begun to trust him...Russ's shoe for example....so to your point, I may pass on these now.

is it a coincidence curry has been getting hurt all season in the 4? so then they rush the 5 out?

i dont know

all i know is wont a no cushioned shoe make it hard for landings and hard steps?

is there any scientific evidence that a shoe with lack of cushion can cause injury?

i know ****** use to play in chuck taylors but athletes today are a different breed

https://weartesters.com/under-armour-curry-5-performance-review/

Interesting read. I wasn't interested before so doesn't really matter to me.
nightwing gets offended for being called biased but isnt it biased NOT to report that the shoe dismantled his feet? :lol: i understand saying something negative might stop ua from sending more free stuff but got damn if a shoe did that to my feet id rip the **** outta that company. not sure why ua seems to cut corners? to keep the price down?

I don't want to get into bias and all that because that's opening a whole new can.

But regarding UA, I hate to say it because I like some of their stuff, but they basically "went Nike" on us. I think you guys know what I mean by that. Just my perspective, I feel like they drew a lot of people in and built a fan base with the Micro G stuff. Basically everything before the Curry 2. I was a huge fan and promoter of UA. Then they come out with Charged, which I know some people liked, but to me that was basically cutting costs.

I never once accepted this notion that a shoe has to sacrifice cushioning and impact protection for court feel and response. Even if they insist on using minimal cushioning or EVA, they could at least put out some models with substantial cushioning for people who want it.

nightwing gets offended for being called biased but isnt it biased NOT to report that the shoe dismantled his feet? :lol: i understand saying something negative might stop ua from sending more free stuff but got damn if a shoe did that to my feet id rip the **** outta that company. not sure why ua seems to cut corners? to keep the price down?

I'm confused, the link you posted shows his feet ripped up.

Didn't he rip them though?

He stopped just short of ripping them.

Nightwing is NOTORIOUS for being super careful as to not say anything truly negative about Under Armour or Brand Black products.

He gets really upset when anyone brings this up, but his arguments never address the issue.

He also has Duke4005 on the Weartesters staff that is in bed with UA as well. If you look at Duke4005 on instagram, look at all of his under armour posts- What you'll notice is that he tags two Under Armour Marketing executives in the pictures of their own products.

He has been called out on this mulitple times and every time his reply is "You wish you were us (weartesters) and you're just hating.

Everyone at weartesters refuses to admit this, but their policy is clearly not to trash and say bad things about UA and Brand Black.

Because of this I REFUSE to believe that their reviews are in any way objective. Theres a handful of other good reviewers that I can rely on to help me decide which performance kicks I want for the court.

Screw weartesters and their lack of transparency and arrogance.

I'm confused, the link you posted shows his feet ripped up.

Basically NW's point in the video was that he doesn't like to say bad things about bad shoes because it will mess up his relationship with brands, they won't send him free stuff anymore and all of his efforts to get a contract working for Nike, Adidas or Under Armour will be wasted.

His goal is to work for one of the large brands so his policy is to never be overly negative about a shoe in a review even if the shoe completely sucks.

At the same time Nightwing wants his readers/viewers to believe that he is 100% objective in his reviews--- WHICH HE IS OBVIOUSLY not since he makes a concerted effort not to offend the brands.

The guy clearly isn't very educated or nuanced, has a Napoleon complex and was probably bullied his entire school life. The only difference is that now he has a platform to feel like he has some clout and control, so whenever anyone questions him, he just ends up sounding like a whiny arrogant brat.

Notice also that Weartesters' (Formerly Kicks on Court) best reviewers have left weartesters and started their own channels (Foamer Simpson, JahrronMon, Kick Genius). There are also other really good reviewers like Nelson Chan, Schwollo, Sole Brothers and Pure Kicks. There are even lesser known reviewers that are solid like Richee Kim, GadgetsandKicks etc.

Nightwing is probably the worst source for shoe reviews because you simply cant trust that what he is saying isn't brought to you by a corporate sponsor.

he did but he explained earlier in the article that he usually chooses to be silent if a product sucks. and he seemed like he only did it to shut the trolls up in his comment section. i like nightwings videos. i watch them. hes not always right when it comes to the history of shoes but hes ok reviewer for the casual ballers which is alot of us.

id like to see him with more of these honest reviews. it would help alot of us from buying crap out there

this kind of reminds me of reebok when the question and answer 1-5 had dmx but then the 6 and 7 were just garbage nonexistent cushioning

need to find my 6 and 7 and check if they were really as bad as i remembered

Basically NW's point in the video was that he doesn't like to say bad things about bad shoes because it will mess up his relationship with brands, they won't send him free stuff anymore and all of his efforts to get a contract working for Nike, Adidas or Under Armour will be wasted.

His goal is to work for one of the large brands so his policy is to never be overly negative about a shoe in a review even if the shoe completely sucks.

At the same time Nightwing wants his readers/viewers to believe that he is 100% objective in his reviews--- WHICH HE IS OBVIOUSLY not since he makes a concerted effort not to offend the brands.

The guy clearly isn't very educated or nuanced, has a Napoleon complex and was probably bullied his entire school life. The only difference is that now he has a platform to feel like he has some clout and control, so whenever anyone questions him, he just ends up sounding like a whiny arrogant brat.

Notice also that Weartesters' (Formerly Kicks on Court) best reviewers have left weartesters and started their own channels (Foamer Simpson, JahrronMon, Kick Genius). There are also other really good reviewers like Nelson Chan, Schwollo, Sole Brothers and Pure Kicks. There are even lesser known reviewers that are solid like Richee Kim, GadgetsandKicks etc.

Nightwing is probably the worst source for shoe reviews because you simply cant trust that what he is saying isn't brought to you by a corporate sponsor.

Hold on, you're saying that the sole brothers are better than Nightwing... you're tripping. Those dudes contradict each other and don't even know the tech in the shoes the review sometimes. He is basically The Godfather of the review game so put some respect on that man's name. He's not bought, only sponsored by eastbay which sells ALL shoes. Not educated or nuanced and you bring up the sole Bros.... come on fam. Did Nightwing respond to a comment you left one time or something, I feel like something happened here. Lol

Hold on, you're saying that the sole brothers are better than Nightwing... you're tripping. Those dudes contradict each other and don't even know the tech in the shoes the review sometimes. He is basically The Godfather of the review game so put some respect on that man's name. He's not bought, only sponsored by eastbay which sells ALL shoes. Not educated or nuanced and you bring up the sole Bros.... come on fam. Did Nightwing respond to a comment you left one time or something, I feel like something happened here. Lol
HOLD ON. . .Look at what I wrote! I said there are also other really good reviewers. I did not say what you said. I am not tripping at all, lol!

And to answer your question, I never bothered to ask Nightwing any questions... just seeing how he responds to innocent questions that others ask him is enough to turn me off. I don't respect him. In my observations, anytime someone appropriately challenges him, he immediately gets sacastic and his defense mode kicks in. It's a shame that he isn't capable of realizing that he doesn't have to do that. He's a little bit like Trump in that respect, lol!

But who is a better reviewer depends on who is reading the review.

Personally, I like Schwollo the best. He gives it to you straight, he's not in it for the youtube views/sponsorship with Eastbay opportunities etc. He knows his stuff better than anyone in the game. When he references similarities in his reviews to past shoes, he doesn't just guess or say "Yeah these remind me of the Zoom BB, but I don't really know why"... dude actually pulls out the Zoom BB from his collection and explains exactly why the current model is the proper implementation of zoom. He's the Goat Reviewer in my opinion and he's obviously just doing it for fun. He's a nice guy and isn't out there fighting a bunch of unnecessary battles with people that take time to come to his site and read his reviews. And it's funny that I'm saying this now because when I first stumbled across his site, I didn't like him at all. He seemed a bit jaded. But over time after reading basically all of the reviews out there, he consistently comes out on top, especially in the knowledge category.

If anything the sole brothers are hilarious. They basically provide the cliffs notes to shoe reviews which is appreciated when you don't want to hear Nightwing lecture and pat himself on the back. I know people hate on the Sole Bros because they get their reviews up so quickly, but it is what it is (From the looks of it, they do all of their stuff at 24 Hr Fitness super late at night, basically every night, which one could guess is part of the reason their reviews go up the fastest). Nightwing can review shoes for 3 weeks and I'm still not gonna watch his videos anymore because he's annoying and he shows you the hand he's playing while yelling that he's not showing you. Nightwing gets way too caught up in addressing his "haters". He'd do better just ignoring anything he perceives as hate. He looks dumb talking down to people in the internet ether.

Foamer Simpson is good when he and his brother actually decide to do full performance reviews. They seem to be stuck in this "performance overview" cycle which isn't really worth paying any attention to.

Kick Genius is really good. They don't give a damn about offending any brands if the shoe is trash, they tell you like it is and don't apologize. They don't pull the Nightwing BS move and say, "well the shoe was garbage so I didn't wanna step on any toes, so I decided to say nothing! And everyone should know and understand that me saying nothing and not reviewing a certain shoe means that the shoe was trash, without me actually having to step on any Brand's toes". Like, is Nightwing in the business of reviewing shoes or not offending the brands??? A legitimate question that would likely upset him and send him into a condescending tirade.

Nelson Chan is not bad. I'm a little indifferent towards him though.

Richee Kim does solid reviews, but for some reason I have a really hard time believing that he actually plays basketball.

The Pure Kicks guys are from the UK and provide a more global perspective that other reviewers can't. They kinda just got started mid 2017 or so, so it'll be interesting to see how they develop but so far so good.

Jarron is good. He's corny but you can tell that he puts a lot of effort into his stuff. I've seen that he gets a little butt hurt when you ask him why he left weartesters. Guess we'll never know what happened.

Last edited:

sole brothers...lol

LOL! I had no idea that he was on NikeTalk.

Yeah, but you seem to be everywhere I go, accusing me of taking kick backs and payments because I tag UA in my posts. If you had any form of intelligence or true non-bias, YOU would see I tag Nike employees, designers from adidas, peak, 361, reebok - because they want to see when we post. And you can like schwollo - I do, it's a Texas thing - but if he got offered free product or trips, he would take it, just like everyone here would.

Yeah, but you seem to be everywhere I go, accusing me of taking kick backs and payments because I tag UA in my posts. If you had any form of intelligence or true non-bias, YOU would see I tag Nike employees, designers from adidas, peak, 361, reebok - because they want to see when we post. And you can like schwollo - I do, it's a Texas thing - but if he got offered free product or trips, he would take it, just like everyone here would.

sounds like the dude is just biased to say the least. WearTesters have some of the most detail/technical reivews, keep doing what y'all doing!

You might be right but some of this stuff seems like you got something personal with dude.

he did but he explained earlier in the article that he usually chooses to be silent if a product sucks. and he seemed like he only did it to shut the trolls up in his comment section. i like nightwings videos. i watch them. hes not always right when it comes to the history of shoes but hes ok reviewer for the casual ballers which is alot of us.

id like to see him with more of these honest reviews. it would help alot of us from buying crap out there
You're grown my man you don't need help for buying sneakers. Buy what you like and go from there. I watch the reviews no doubt but I'd never let them stop me because I want to see for myself esp if its a sneaker I like. The fit and grip on court I'll have to see that myself because being honest outside of the norm I've never had a pair of new sneakers regardless of brand that had bad grip at the courts I play on. A wipe here and there but nothing major and no slipping.

noblekane noblekane - no hard feelings at all. We have been on here together too long so I was honestly asking what you thought the video was. Thank you.

Don't speak for Schwollo.

He's the King of the Shoe Review game. Shoe Review Game Michael Jordan!

Weartesters should take ques from him.

sounds like the dude is just biased to say the least. WearTesters have some of the most detail/technical reivews, keep doing what y'all doing!

I just don't like the vibe the Weartesters folks give off. I'm allowed to have an opinion.

Don't speak for Schwollo.

He's the King of the Shoe Review game. Shoe Review Game Michael Jordan!

Weartesters should take ques from him.

Yep, same guy. Trolls in our comments, used to troll my IG, now he trolls us here. Have fun in life.

Back
Top Bottom