Under Armour Curry 6 $130 — OUT NOW — ICON $160

Go half size up like the 5. Might have some heel slippage however if size up. The medial midsole wraps up high and is rigid(no padding inside except the heel, but wish the achilles pillow was thicker) so not sure if ppl will experience blister again or not. Maybe will if going true to size or you have flat feet. Even half size up I can feel some pressure against my (low) arch. This shoe might not even work out for some people if you tried the 5 and returned them.

HOVR is firm so hope it softens up a bit after a break-in period.

First impression is they are not a big upgrade from the 5.

I still like the PG 2 in this price range.

20181222_221231.jpg

Showing the medial side. Feels like a strobel board. It doesn't stretch like on the 5
15455494155869099293090260926746.jpg

Thanks for the heads thapointguy. Hope the HOVR softens up while staying responsive. Can’t waste my time and money on shoes with extra firm cushioning...

Ordered tts instead of a 12 which is what I did on the 4s (needed that size in the 3s) but then the 4s were too roomy in toebox for me. I’m hoping these fit cause I like HOVR in the phantoms - never had the 5 so didn’t base it off that experience sizing-wise. If they don’t fit I’ll just send them back, but was excited to hear HOVR is in this iteration. They definitely soften up in the runners as you wear them and it’s almost like it’s pressure and heat-enabled. Will see - thanks to all providing feedback!

If you have a narrow foot it’ll work too I just like little more room because I need to wear thick socks in these. If they can use knit and have padding inside the shoe I would like them more.
Having had them on for a day, the hovr is a great balance of comfort but still have stability and court feel. It won’t be close to phantom hovr but it is tuned for basketball specifications.
Looking forward to your feedback. Even though you didn’t get the 5, sounds like you liked the 4 so you’ll love these.

I’m intrigued by the 6 and tempted by the Xmas colorway. However, I’m gonna wait on more colorways, performance reviews, and discounts before I buy a pair.

I never use stock insoles and always use orthos. It’s how I was able to love the Curry 4s :lol:. If you have not tried ever using even the arch support types to replace stock insoles, I highly recommend trying them!

I never use stock insoles and always use orthos. It’s how I was able to love the Curry 4s :lol:. If you have not tried ever using even the arch support types to replace stock insoles, I highly recommend trying them!

What kind do you use? I only have some of those "custom" insoles from that are formed to the foot from roadrunner sports

F845523A-9A9B-431D-93D9-949D6608C9B1.jpeg
461B4F54-9A5C-490F-AAE7-DE6D5D0D2A79.jpeg
9FCE8D5C-EA0B-4A2C-81FC-E20EC7A26DF7.jpeg

Picked up my Fox Theater pair today from the popup. I'd honestly say go TTS. They fit perfect for me. Had about a little over a half a finger's width of space for my toe to the end of the shoe. As with all HOVR shoes, a little break in time makes the cushion soften up. The dates listed on the lockers are when each of the 10 colorways are dropping.

What kind do you use? I only have some of those "custom" insoles from that are formed to the foot from roadrunner sports
Those are great! I have one custom mapped to my foot, but I also use Tread Labs inserts. If you have any doubts on which one to get, you can chat with a rep and they will help. I don’t recommend adding a ton of arch if you have flat feet (I do) and you will have to use your other orthotic to outline the length and cut to the exact way you want to for your shoes. Once I did that, I’ve rocked those in my hoops shoes just as much as my custom orthotics. Hope this helps - let me know if you grab a pair!

Just have this on today. Feel great. For the 5 I have to half size up but this one I just got tts and it fit perfect. Feel the firmness of Hovr when I walked the same as when I wore the Phantom one. The material look good. I feel like it look a lot better in person. Gonna buy a lot more of this 6.

I was just about to say....

I like the debut color way for these but as the sneaker it self.... 4/10.

Back
Top Bottom