Under Armour- The New Prototype

Thanks for the link. I really like the sketches. Hope they look and perform good too.

That "link" to their 2008 running shoe is just a concept I did. UA is not making it and it has no affiliation with them.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

They need something like a secondary logo. The UA is fine, it will just never be able to be a real design element. It will always look like just a logo slapped on there.

i agree. if under armour gets their own right look down, i can see them coming up like the and1 of football/training: start off with some gear, gain afollowing, sign a pro endorser here and there, make some decent shoes, and fill a kind of underground niche (the anti-nike)

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

That review posted was rather worthless...
laugh.gif
the writer didn't have any real knowledge about footwear or componentry...

Not to mention:
Ultimately, I ended up with Adidas (ADSG.DE) Sambas for cross-training treadmill work, weightlifting, elliptical work, exercise biking, etc. For basketball, I wear Converse high-tops.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Both choices are hilarious.

I'm excited for what UA will be bringing to the table. The team in store for Hoops is also extremely skilled and familiar to the industry having worked at another company prior to UA and finding much success there. They're really going to surprise some people.

My only suggestions have gotta be to find a secondary logo like lotomybeats mentioned...which I know their lead designers are already working on. Another thing is I'm not too fond of the Impax look. If it works that's one thing, but hopefully they don't go that route in Hoops.

I found his review to be a whole article of sarcasm?

With these about to release in a week. Does anybody have any detail pics or info on them?

I'm not a fan of any of the shoes...they all look the same...ugly. I'm sure they'll sell alright though because they are marketing the hell out ofthem.

i tried the proto speed on and it's unlike any other crosstrainer i've tried on before. the shoe is very snug, but not to the point where it ispinching. i have no idea what material they use for the upper but it sorta feels like nylon as there is a lot of give. it molds to your feet fairly well. onething that differentiates these shoes from other ones is support in the forefoot. for any of you folks that have tried free trainer 7.0's, the strap on theforefoot sucks (to me anyways) and feels absolutely uncomfortable. with these shoes, your forefoot as well as your whole foot is snug and properly secured.

in terms of cushion i still prefer zoom air a little bit better. i don't know what cushioning system they use, but if anyone has ever tried the nike airpegasus that's exactly what they feel like. not super soft, but not hard as a rock either.

you'll notice it right away - unlike the nike air edge trainer's known for their cushion, these shoes will be known for their support.

My sample is on the way. I'll be trying the Proto Speed and one of my blogging cohorts will be trying out the Proto Power. Supposed to be here beforeSaturday for our reviews.

I'll be sure to post up a link, but I'm really feeling the look of the UA Proto Speed in that light grey (or is it white?)/blue.

Samples just arrived. Going to snap off a few pictures tonight for our reviews next week, then it's off to the gym. (At work right now, without a camera.)I'll say this: the packaging will catch your eye if nothing else.

yea the box is really cool, but i wasnt impressed with the shoes at all. ive seen a dissected shoe and theres nothing that separates these shoes from any othershoe. i have a powerpoint presentation on them and the best part of the entire shoe is the insole, because it only compresses 4% max compared to about 60% thatmost other insoles compress. the cushioning is standard EVA with PU inserted into different parts of the midsole depending on the shoes.

the speed trainer has PU in the forefoot, but the heel cushioning is hard and feels like the worst 90 dollar shoe ever created.

the power trainer has alot of cushion but is basically a shoe with vertical cushioning and stability and thats it. it would make a horrible shoe to double as aworkout/basketball shoe. the under armour guy that i talked to could only name like 3 things to do in it lol. he was like you could do squats, box jumps, legpresses, and other jumping stuff but quickly proceeded to tell me not to play basketball in them.

the evade trainer reminds me of a typical crosstrainer and was definitely the most comfortable of the three. its very low to the ground, but does not have verygood impact protection. it did seem very stable laterally, which is what it was made for. the strap didnt do anything when i tried to adjust it.

all in all, i wasnt impressed much with these shoes. the under armour guy did mention something about their running shoe line coming out in january, so illwait to see if those are any better.

I got to try on the speed the other day. As mention above they are snug on your feet. The cushion in the heel is soft. I'm looking forward to getting apair. Is there any word on future Under Armour shoes?

Originally Posted by mjvc

I got to try on the speed the other day. As mention above they are snug on your feet. The cushion in the heel is soft. I'm looking forward to getting a pair. Is there any word on future Under Armour shoes?

Sounds like they're already thinking running and hoops for next year.

Nice pictures. I didn't have such a clean background to photograph the shoes for next week's reviews, but the images will work. I had some mixedfeelings after my first wearing of these. Don't want to draw any conclusions after just an hour though. I'll definitely be spending more time at thegym tomorrow with 'em.

Just some quick pics of the Speeds and Powers. Evade pics were just taken today.

EDIT: Add picture of the Evade from our samples we got Friday.

^ nice reviews, good job. they also summed up how ridiculously useless I thought these shoes were when I saw them. Stick to boxer briefs and socks, underarmour.

Back
Top Bottom