University at Buffalo *updated*

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Social life: Chippewa or downtown in general is where it's at plus in the University District there's always house parties and clubs on Main ST

Settings: South Campus is in the city North is out in the burbs if you drive be prepared to get harassed by Kenmore, Tonawanda, and Amherst cops
smh.gif
Buffalo PDis mad cool

Girls: Buffalo has some cuties no rainbow

Sports:
eyes.gif

Teachers: Hit or a miss just like anywhere else...that's where ratemyprofessor.com comes in handy

Con: lots of Snow

Dont go there but my cousin is a teacher there, i went last year to visit. City was
sick.gif
but the bills fans and the game was
eek.gif
there were a few honeysi saw here and there, nothing major tho. All the college kids i saw were typical frat dudes, just had a kegger and getting twisted. Good luck with it pimp

My best friend goes there and my girl used to go there so I've visited there alot. Nice campuses.. parties are there if you want them.. Canada is 15 minaway and thats not a bad deal

i got accepted to UB's school of management and was about to go but changed my mind last minute..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eddie

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

any1 here do off campus housing? how is it compared to the dorms at UB
cheaper. sadly im in the dorms
Its cheaper, yet better? Whats the difference between the housing in North Campus and Amherst?

Originally Posted by eddie

any1 here do off campus housing? how is it compared to the dorms at UB
cheaper. sadly im in the dorms
Its cheaper, yet better? Whats the difference between the housing in North Campus and Amherst?
$9000 a semester vs $400/$500 a month plus utilities...apartments are really nice round here clean and up to date

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

I might be headed to UB next year. Need to know more about the chicks tho...
i looked at the UB Class of 2013 facebook group and the chicks are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. out of like the 700 members about 500 of em were girls

Class of 2011 right here.. PM if you wanna know anything.

Living off Main on near the South Campus in a house. Rent is dirt cheap at 225 a month plus utilities living with some other dudes. You get what you pay forthough. It gets pretty grimey at night, not a great hood.
grin.gif
Though myreal house is 15 minutes away so I can go home whenever so it's all good.

UB Graduate checking in...

I graduated with a PharmD and a B.S. in Biomedical Sciences.

Housing: Off campus is cheaper. Moving in and out can get annoying, so find a good roommate that will stay put for a while. I dormed for two years and livedoff campus every year after that. For one year, I lived in Sutton Place: it is gov't subsidized so rent for my two-story, 3-bedroom, 1.5 bath house was$120 a month. All utilities were included. Friggin' insane.

Social life is pretty good. There are a lot of things to do in Buffalo. Tons of shoe spots, tourist spots just 30 minutes away, Toronto about 75 minutes away,a good art scene, tons of other activities like bowling, shopping, gambling (lol), and a lot of bars. There are always house parties by South, and the bars arealways active. I used to hit up Mojo's, Steer, and Molly's on Main on the regular, but Molly's was closed down during my last year because ofunderage drinking. Greek life is pretty big in Buffalo as well. But in order to take advantage of what Buffalo has to offer, get a car.

There are a LOT of girls in UB. If you go to UB and say that there aren't any girls, cue the "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" gif. There are TONS andTONS of girls. College is where I discovered my inner @!%$. I never thought i'd be one of those guys who had a "roster" and a"chicktionary".

I loved all of my professors. Dr. Singh is one of the greatest influences in my life. Unfortunately, he retired since I graduated. The current students aretruly missing out on knowing a great person. As for the gen-ed courses...RateMyProfessor.com is your friend. For English 101 and 201, looks for Tamara Rabe.For the two Calculus courses you'll need (141 and 142), register with Robert Busch. Dude has the greatest collection of Bills sweatshirts and an impressivemustache. He was generous enough to provide one of my LORs when I applied to the Pharm D program, and we still keep in touch today. When the Giants won the SB(he hates them), he sent me two-page long profanity-laced email lol.

UB is very underrated. It offers a big-school atmosphere, a city full of activities, GREAT academic programs, an up-and-coming athletic department, and anadministration that is looking to take UB to nationwide recognition all for tuition that is VERY affordable. I passed up on some good schools (and an Ivy) togo to UB, and it stands as one of the best decisions i've ever made in my life. The key in making college a great experience is doing everything you can toget the most from it. That means partying and socializing as much as studying. I'll be honest: most of the last 1.5 years of school were tough...classesall day...then work...then study...then gym...then repeat...but everything I was doing was going towards a greater good.

^^ Great read. I'l be on the lookout for something on North Campus or hopefully i'll get a dorm my first year so i can get used to the school faster,instead of commuting back and forth.

Man.. don't listen to any of these fools on here.

I go to UB, gonna be a Junior this coming Fall. Let me tell you, it !%!$!#$ sucks here.

If you're the type that likes cold weather, snow, and no sunshine. Then come to UB, its the place for you.

UB = Depression, Emo, and Just a overall horrible place to live in.
Hell.. there was 2 weeks where I didn't see the sun at all, can you imagine yourself living in a place like that ? If so, then come to UB !!

definitely try to get a dorm in north campus...the dorms in south are like prisons
the area is pretty shady too..there are rapes/shootings/robbings like every other week
a student was killed there last week a day after graduating...thats why the rent is so cheap there

4 years ago i was in your shoes, also applied and got accepted for the same major and it was one of my choices. but i decided to go to st john's insteadbecause obviously it's closer and the program is better (you are in the pharm program from the start). i would have hated to travel all the way up thereand not to mention you have to take some test to get into the actual pharm program after 2 years...what kind of bs is that?

my only advice i can give you as a pharm student that just finished 4 years, don't party too hard or you might be switching majors before you know it.i'm sure it's a lot of work there too so be prepared to study and take it seriously.

^^^ yea st.johns has a unique program (only like 12 schools in the country have something similar). every other pharm program requires that test after 2 years(PCAT). its just buffalo has the #1 ranked pharm school in the northeast and st johns is like 60th (yet i got rejected there).

I'm gonna try to avoid south campus from what i hear. Right now i;m wait listed for the dorms, but if that doesnt go through i'll look at north campushousing.

Yea the weather might suck, but so far i;ve been hearing alot of good reviews

Back
Top Bottom