Univesity of Kansas Player Exclusives

2,418
763
Joined May 4, 2007
I just peeped this picture on si.com today and some things caught my eye.  I would assume that the #1 men's college basketball team wouldn't allow their players to rock fakies, so I'm assuming these are player exclusives, but I wasn't sure so I wanted to post.  #11 looks like he's rockin some PE XIII's, but the tongue is off (and the colorway sucks).  If you look closely towards the right of the picture...in between the ref's legs (pause) there is a Kansas player rockin some XIX's...I can't tell if they are PE's though. 

Moreso for the guy rockin the XIX's, you guys think these are out of his personal collection or does Kansas have some CRAZY endorsement deal with JB that they get whatevertheeff they want...??

 

ehh

1,062
11
Joined Sep 2, 2008
Kansas is an Adidas school now but Langford & Miles wore a ton of JB stuff when they were there.  I don't remember the entire team wearing what Miles as on below though so I don't know if they were PE or what.

Simeon's 19's are probably out of his collection.  UConn probably wears more JB "heat" over the last decade than any other college program.  Kansas was aight a few years back too.
 
2,202
34
Joined Jan 22, 2008
Yeah they are an Adidas school, I thought they werent even allowed to wear any other brand?? Wasnt that the big commotion for Marcus Jordan wearing JB at UCF. And this is Kansas not UCF!
 

ehh

1,062
11
Joined Sep 2, 2008
Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Yeah they are an Adidas school, I thought they werent even allowed to wear any other brand?? Wasnt that the big commotion for Marcus Jordan wearing JB at UCF. And this is Kansas not UCF!
The OP's pic is from 2005.  These days they have to wear three-stripe stuff.
 

ehh

1,062
11
Joined Sep 2, 2008
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Pic is old.

Shoes are PEs, from when Kansas was a JB school a few years ago.
Kansas was never a JB school, only Nike.
 
29,558
6,372
Joined Apr 30, 2004
Thought they were a JB school.

What about Cal and Georgetown? Were/are they JB schools, or just Nike also?
 
2,617
10
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Yeah those are XIIIs they were on ebay a few months ago for like 1200 or around there. Those XIXs just look like the regular ones
 

ehh

1,062
11
Joined Sep 2, 2008
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Thought they were a JB school.

What about Cal and Georgetown? Were/are they JB schools, or just Nike also?
I believe UNC, G'Town, Cal and Marquette are the only JB schools.
 
991
11
Joined Sep 29, 2000
Those XIII's are real PE's!!! Kansas use to get hook up with Jordan shoes, but they always wore Nike jerseys.
 
80
10
Joined Sep 23, 2008
Well according to Jordan Brand magazine in 2003 they were sponsored by them. The XIII you see are PE's and have been seen on here many times, the XIX are general releases that the whole team recieved.
 
1,529
157
Joined Oct 6, 2009
Originally Posted by DrDealgood

Well according to Jordan Brand magazine in 2003 they were sponsored by them. The XIII you see are PE's and have been seen on here many times, the XIX are general releases that the whole team recieved.
ding
 
806
35
Joined Jan 4, 2004
Yup, the good 'ol days; it would've been awesome if they were still sponsored by JB to see all the cool PE makeups.
 
1,582
163
Joined May 2, 2009
Originally Posted by SoLeSuPrEmE

Yup, the good 'ol days; it would've been awesome if they were still sponsored by JB to see all the cool PE makeups.
oh my xiii
 
2,925
10
Joined May 28, 2008
the Tar Heels always gets the dopest Jordan PEs
 too bad they didn't made the tournament
 
642
10
Joined Dec 25, 2009
Originally Posted by edunpeal

the Tar Heels always gets the dopest Jordan PEs
 too bad they didn't made the tournament
I think the pe 13s posted above and the UNC PE 13s are both
  The UNC 13 PEs were extremely clean. 


[hr][/hr]WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs WTB LEBRON PEs 12, 12.5 
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.
 
291
80
Joined Jul 15, 2004
I miss my Jayhawks getting Jordan PE's. Those were the days, I was so pissed when they switched to Adidas. Always looking for more Jordan KU gear.
 
Top Bottom