Unseen Amare Stoudemire Signature Shoe: Nike Power Move - Old Sample? [ PICS ]

I like the outsole/tooling and the inside of the shoe, but the quarter panel on the lateral side of the upper just doesn't do much aesthetically.

I had always wondering why Amar'e stopped getting his own signature shoe after the second one..  i figured they weren't selling that well or something..  but who knows..  either way this would've been interested to see in Suns colorways since it has some potential..  a lot of details to them.. especially on the bottom..  his number on both shoes with his foundation.. EACH1 TEACH 1..  Maybe Amar'e will get something new sometime soon..  as much as I like the KD2's it would be nice to see Stat in something made for him again.. even if just a PE version of a shoe like he wore earlier in the year, but something fresh for the playoff's.. 

Originally Posted by KA0TIK1

I had always wondering why Amar'e stopped getting his own signature shoe after the second one..  i figured they weren't selling that well or something..  but who knows..

Stat 1 got limited retailer support (think it was FL only?)
Stat 2... he got injured, they put a new upper on the 360 BB midsole/outsole... and again, i think it was FL only.

By the time it got to three, the line was in trouble, and like i said earlier: IIRC Stat has said himself he's not that big into sneakers,
so maybe it didn't bug him that much.

Originally Posted by swingshot

I had always wondering why Amar'e stopped getting his own signature shoe after the second one..  i figured they weren't selling that well or something..  but who knows..

Stat 2... he got injured, they put a new upper on the 360 BB midsole/outsole... and again, i think it was FL only.

By the time it got to three, the line was in trouble, and like i said earlier: IIRC Stat has said himself he's not that big into sneakers,
Flawed.

STAT 2 released in 07-08, he was an all-star that season, he averaged 25.1 and 9.1 rebounds per game.  The shoe just didn't click with the consumer.  I owned the blk/orange colorway.  Pretty good shoe, but it definitely felt like you were wearing stilletos.

And STAT is definitely a shoe head.  Who else remembers when him and Joe Johnson unearthed some of Charles Barkley's shoe out of the depths of the Suns equipmen room.  JJ rocked the CB 94's, while STAT rocked the Airt Force 180's.

Originally Posted by Steve212

Who else remembers when him and Joe Johnson unearthed some of Charles Barkley's shoe out of the depths of the Suns equipmen room.  JJ rocked the CB 94's, while STAT rocked the Airt Force 180's.

I remember that 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Steve212

Originally Posted by swingshot

Flawed.

STAT 2 released in 07-08, he was an all-star that season, he averaged 25.1 and 9.1 rebounds per game.  The shoe just didn't click with the consumer.  I owned the blk/orange colorway.  Pretty good shoe, but it definitely felt like you were wearing stilletos.

And STAT is definitely a shoe head.  Who else remembers when him and Joe Johnson unearthed some of Charles Barkley's shoe out of the depths of the Suns equipmen room.  JJ rocked the CB 94's, while STAT rocked the Airt Force 180's.

I was going to say that I didn't think that seemed right..   i don't know about anywhere else..  but i know here in phoenix we got full releases of both Stat shoes in all of the colorways.. 
 i still have all of mine..  still even have the Air Total Force Max in the Suns colorway that Amare wore for a while..  Like I said before I figured it had to do with sales since I remember stores having them in stock for a while..  great shoes in cool colorways (suns fan here) that didn't seem to click with enough people.. 

I would agree with Steve212 that Stat is into his sneakers.. He even talked about it to a certain to degree back in 2005 when he signed his 6 year Nike deal that was rumored to be one of the biggest contracts ever for a big man..   I also remember when him and JJ were rocking those shoes..  plus he's been seen wearing suns colorway Jordan's at practice plenty of times..  I've even seen a pair of Jordan 13's with STAT on the tongue instead of the Jumpman..  don't think someone not into sneakers would ever get something like that..

An excerpt from an article in the local paper here in Phoenix, the Arizona Republic...

"Amar'e Stoudemire switched to wearing Kevin Durant's signature Nike shoe, the KD II, about a month ago but was uncertain about wearing it against Durant for Friday's game. But he likes the comfort and style of the shoes and stuck with them. "That's my guy," Durant said. "I appreciate that. That's why they call us Nike Mafia." When Durant says "they," he means Stoudemire, who began calling the Nike endorsers that about three years ago."

Seems to me he does take an interest as to what shoes are on his feet.. not only performance wise..  but also style and looks play a factor as well.. 

I could only embrace the STAT I in wht/blk/purple. That colorway had a Charles Barkley sig shoe vibe to them.

I put orange laces in my STAT II's. I wish they would've released the PE pair of STAT II's he wore in the '07 Playoffs. They had orange patent leather.

STAT has also worn the VC II in 02-03.

nike says it takes them months to produce and perfect outsoles, and they make a shoe with a unique outsole such as this, and scrap it, and doesn't even reuse it...what a waste on R&D imo

i mean the KD shoes...even the KD2 "borrowed" the midsole/outsole from the KD1..."just sayin'"

Back
Top Bottom