Unusual Nike Air Max Trainer 2001 RNG Slip on

Hi all,

Looking for some help with identifying these Nike Air Max trainers and confirming whether or not they are legit. Have spent many hours trawling the internet but can't find anything similar. From my research into the codes that Nike uses on the labels, I believe that they were manufactured in China between Sept. and Nov. of 2001. Their model code is 604236 002 00. From this I think they were not a regular production run (first number is not a 1), they were designed for running and their colour code is black,black, grey. This sort of fits with the colour of the shoes but seems strange that the code for red does not seem to be there.

I also cannot find any reference to the RNG acronym used on any other shoes nor have I seen any others which have this similar 'net' making them slip ons.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated as I am only a novice trainer enthusiast. Below are pictures of the trainer along with the label.

Many thanks

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

The fact that basically nothing pops up on this style code means that they are nothing special.

The RNG reference can be found for older models (some Shox and Zoom models) and I think they still use it.

What I would like to know is how do you know the color code is black/black/grey. Normally that is mentioned on the box label, but I assume you don't have a box, otherwise you would not be asking for the name.

Hi, thanks for replying. I was going off info in another forum on this website which explained the codes. This stated that 0 was code for black and 2 for grey so 002 translates to black/black/grey.

I don't have the box and have only come across these shoes whilst having a clear out. They were bought many many years ago so can't remember anything about them.

If you have anything else to add I welcome and appreciate your input.

Back
Top Bottom