Unwrapping Jordan III's from 2003

Back in 2003, I was one of the biggest sneakerheads in my HSand one of the biggest releases of the year was the Jordan III RetroWhite/Cement. With full out entrepreneurial spirit, me and my boy ciph$ set outto flip these kicks for major profit.

Combined, we bought 12 pairs.

We immediately sold everyone of them save a few pairs. Onewas destined to be my beater throughout college, while the other was cast awayto the depths of my shoe closet. Buried under other inferior Jordan Retros andNike Dunk SBs, I had encapsulated the pair in Saran Wrap with a couple of silicapackets thrown inside – as was the preferred method at the time.

This is the story of its excavation.

At least the box is still intact…

2lxi3i0.jpg

Slowly opening the cover – haven’t seen this in seven years. Look at how neatly the shoes are wrapped! Must've been the most tender of hands - like a parent putting diapers on a baby.

25zpmaa.jpg

Unwrapping the shoe. There is an urban legend saying that a fellow NT'er with the same idea had his shoe crumble after a prolong period of saran wrappage. He then proceeded to poison himself with the remains. Who knows what toexpect!?!?

1zp4rgm.jpg

Hrmm...everything seems alright...

zxpqmr.jpg

True test: Look at how the rubber oxidized. Everything seems fine! Clean and white - despite what my camera might say.

n65awh.jpg

The infamous silica packet. I got this from a Chinese snack bag - no joke. FYI, its used to suck out any humidity that might have gotten through the Saran Wrap.

f2tppz.jpg

A little stress test. My beater pair vs the locked up Rapunzel pair.

Flash first - you know how the ugly girls need to conceal their imperfections.

dghwnm.jpg

Then a lil au naturale...

35d6vzq.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys my efforts! 

Back in 2003, I was one of the biggest sneakerheads in my HSand one of the biggest releases of the year was the Jordan III RetroWhite/Cement. With full out entrepreneurial spirit, me and my boy ciph$ set outto flip these kicks for major profit.

Combined, we bought 12 pairs.

We immediately sold everyone of them save a few pairs. Onewas destined to be my beater throughout college, while the other was cast awayto the depths of my shoe closet. Buried under other inferior Jordan Retros andNike Dunk SBs, I had encapsulated the pair in Saran Wrap with a couple of silicapackets thrown inside – as was the preferred method at the time.

This is the story of its excavation.

At least the box is still intact…

2lxi3i0.jpg

Slowly opening the cover – haven’t seen this in seven years. Look at how neatly the shoes are wrapped! Must've been the most tender of hands - like a parent putting diapers on a baby.

25zpmaa.jpg

Unwrapping the shoe. There is an urban legend saying that a fellow NT'er with the same idea had his shoe crumble after a prolong period of saran wrappage. He then proceeded to poison himself with the remains. Who knows what toexpect!?!?

1zp4rgm.jpg

Hrmm...everything seems alright...

zxpqmr.jpg

True test: Look at how the rubber oxidized. Everything seems fine! Clean and white - despite what my camera might say.

n65awh.jpg

The infamous silica packet. I got this from a Chinese snack bag - no joke. FYI, its used to suck out any humidity that might have gotten through the Saran Wrap.

f2tppz.jpg

A little stress test. My beater pair vs the locked up Rapunzel pair.

Flash first - you know how the ugly girls need to conceal their imperfections.

dghwnm.jpg

Then a lil au naturale...

35d6vzq.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys my efforts! 

Beautiful pair, I wish I had that insight back in '03. Good luck wearing them! I really hope they don't mess up...

Beautiful pair, I wish I had that insight back in '03. Good luck wearing them! I really hope they don't mess up...

thanks guy...i think i'm putting it back into the vault. definitely still got some life in the beaters, just got to get around to cleaning them.

i think in 2003, it was a theory. people didn't really know if this would work and prevent oxidization. seems to work really well though.

thanks guy...i think i'm putting it back into the vault. definitely still got some life in the beaters, just got to get around to cleaning them.

i think in 2003, it was a theory. people didn't really know if this would work and prevent oxidization. seems to work really well though.

Ive heard that too that the saran sticks to the leather and makes it incredibly hard to take off

Ive heard that too that the saran sticks to the leather and makes it incredibly hard to take off

i think i didn't wrap it like a maniac a la shrink wrap. the story was really about some guy that airlocked his shoes and his shoes crumbled.

i think i didn't wrap it like a maniac a la shrink wrap. the story was really about some guy that airlocked his shoes and his shoes crumbled.

The entire time i was reading i was just praying that the shoes didnt crumble uo like those olive 9's

The entire time i was reading i was just praying that the shoes didnt crumble uo like those olive 9's

Back
Top Bottom