Let's Turn This Post Into " Upcoming/Recommend A Scary Movie " Thread.

Slasher movies need to get away from corny *** characters and trying to provide humor. That was the problem with the last Friday the 13th reboot.

yooooooo
that movie was WAAAAAAAAAY better than i thought it would be
was surprised
disney actually made a movie
bout the witch from sleeping beauty
and made it interesting
and angelina jolie was lookin nice in it too
oh boy was so lame for cutting off her wings though
i mean yeah he was king
but hell
he coulda smashed and had her work her magic and make him king
all in all though
disney did a good job
movie was def good
Lmao, that's Maleficent fool, wrong movie, lol
c43.jpg

Slasher movies need to get away from corny *** characters and trying to provide humor. That was the problem with the last Friday the 13th reboot.

That's always been a part of the Friday the 13th franchise. Personally, I like the reboot more than a couple of the F13 sequels.

That's always been a part of the Friday the 13th franchise. Personally, I like the reboot more than a couple of the F13 sequels.
Agree the reboot was better than most of the F13 sequels. And yes, humor has always been a part of it. That was cool when I was younger. But now watching these movies I want to be completely terrified. Texas Chainsaw with Jessica Biel and the one with Jordana Brewster, and Rob Zombie's Halloween(1st movie) are good examples. The humor in these movies wasn't forced, it seemed natural. Throw the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot in there too. They did a good job keeping the tone dark.

It was a good movie

The Nun was a terrible cash grab. They knew they had an incredibly creepy character (when used correctly) so they picked a location with great horror ties. They forgot that you need good writing to make a decent movie.

It had potential but didn’t even come close.

Back
Top Bottom