Upcoming Monta Ellis shoe: And1 Mosaic (PICS)

b1lly hoyle

Banned
Here's what Monta Ellis of the Warriors (and other players) will be wearing to start next season.

And1 Mosaic:

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Holy hell...These are amazing. Thanks for the pics B1lly.

Hopefully these are "lower" priced, otherwise, I'll need to start saving now because I need like 5 pairs!

Did John "Look Once, Look Twice, Look Thrice" Humphrey design these?

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Holy hell...These are amazing. Thanks for the pics B1lly.

Hopefully these are "lower" priced, otherwise, I'll need to start saving now because I need like 5 pairs!

Did John "Look Once, Look Twice, Look Thrice" Humphrey design these?

I know John did the tooling and the original upper, but I am not sure if he finished this one or not.

sick. i wonder if they're using L2G technology on this style...

and1 has made a huge turnaround from their toochillin' days....

i thought and1 ended their bball line? (or something like that)

anyways, im liking the design. but prolly wouldnt get.

They didn't exactly end their bball line. There will still be things releasing in the near future that are aimed at high performance because they work 18months in advance. So, if they completely stopped designing new shoes right now, they would still be covered for 18 months. While it is true that they shutdown the Portland office, where all the high performance design was done, they are still using some contract work and moving forward, albeit with a focus moreon budget for the next few years. I have heard, though, that they plan on ramping up the performance stuff after they are re-established.

Damn, that's too bad. I love And 1's. What's the reasoning behind the cut backs? Just not enough money or interest? Is this why it's harder andharder to find and 1 anywhere?

in terms of looks, i'd much prefer the onslaughts. these look kinda plain and really remind me of that triangle one.

^ Over 70% of their sales as of a year ago (and perhaps more now) are overseas, and those are $50-80 shoes.

They just don't have the distribution they once had, the interest in the Tour is gone, their NBA roster has declined in both size and appeal, the apparelhas all but died and most of all...people just don't wear basketball shoes casually anymore. There's the vulc movement going hard, and if people arewearing sneakers it's Jordans.

It's definitely a sad transition...but hopefully they can maybe turn things around somehow.

I really like the contrasting materials on this shoe...The cracked upper, stitching reinforcements, and triangle indentations, (this has to be a John Humphreydesign--he loves triangles), along with the iridescent midsole all tie the shoe together in a compelling visual package...

As for And1 downsizing it's Hoops division, I say everything goes in cycles. The brand has simply down too much to fade into relative obscurity. Obviously,the tour's popularity had a ceiling...And with the hipster retro/skater/vulcanized craze, And 1 didn't have much to fall back on outside of the TaiChi. I mean, you look at the entire basketball market, and like B1LLY menioned, no one is wearing basketball shoes casually. Hopefully they can make a returnin a few years, but until then, we can all look foward to the last few performance gems the brand has to offer, and then hope they can put out respectable,playable lower-level shoes.

Nice shoe.

Since AND1 is all but done, I hope they relase past AND1 hits, such as the AND1 Spree, KG2, Mad Game, among others.

Monta is coming up.
pimp.gif

Just curious, but what's does that logo lateral of the heel look like?

Back
Top Bottom