*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

Damn...... I wish I coulda got into this show. I still havent finished season 1 :nerd:

Did the show get better?

In some ways it got better, in some ways it didn't. I've felt that the animation and story as a whole have improved, but the main character (Korra) really hasn't. I don't find her to be any more interesting than I did when Season 1 started. On the flip side, over the second season I felt a stronger connection with some of the new side characters, and while I was disappointed with Korra's development, I was impressed with how other characters, such as Tenzin and his family, and Bolin and Mako, were expanded upon. The general story and plot of season two is more interesting and better written than Season 1's, which felt rushed to me, and was anticlimactic. At the same time there's still clearly a lot to be revealed about how different things and characters have changed since the first series, and the trailers for Season 3 seem to be setting that up.

The one thing I can't get over is the bending. :smh: For some reason it just looks so terrible to me, and that Pro-Bending business didn't help.

how I feel.I just can't connect to any of the characters ( I like enzin and the evil uncle, but not korra and her crew). They just aren't very interesting or well done characters. And don't get me started on Korra. Like she has no redeeming qualities or anything that makes you want to root for her as a main lead. Like I wanted to see Amon actually beat her and succeed

I do like the spirit arc and Wan a lot, but I couldn't help feel like season 2 wouldn't have been more interesting with Aang and his crew maybe like 5 years in their future

Also goes for me again lol. At various points i'll stop and think "This would be so much better with the original group from Avatar". Character Development has been slow in coming for Bolin and Mako, and just hasn't happened at all for Korra. I made a joke to some of my friends that Korra's basically just a placeholder until the more interesting characters come on screen. Hell, Wan had two episodes, and I was more interested in him than I ever have been with Korra. When the series was first announced, they said that she'd be the opposite of Aang. I'm thinking they took that idea and have run it into the ground, making her do every single thing differently than Aang would've done to beat us over the head with the idea that they're not the same person.

Damn...... I wish I coulda got into this show. I still havent finished season 1 :nerd:

Did the show get better?

you didnt like season 1? :lol:
idk it just seemed to be corny the first couple of episodes also cuz korra seems to be boring as a main character. It seems the ahow went away from it being a fun,adventurous and humorous type of show like how the OG show was. I also dislike the bending game that they play.I am going to try to finish it cuz I heard good things about it near the end of the seasons.

Last edited:

Damn...... I wish I coulda got into this show. I still havent finished season 1
nerd.gif

Did the show get better?
In some ways it got better, in some ways it didn't. I've felt that the animation and story as a whole have improved, but the main character (Korra) really hasn't. I don't find her to be any more interesting than I did when Season 1 started. On the flip side, over the second season I felt a stronger connection with some of the new side characters, and while I was disappointed with Korra's development, I was impressed with how other characters, such as Tenzin and his family, and Bolin and Mako, were expanded upon. The general story and plot of season two is more interesting and better written than Season 1's, which felt rushed to me, and was anticlimactic. At the same time there's still clearly a lot to be revealed about how different things and characters have changed since the first series, and the trailers for Season 3 seem to be setting that up.

The one thing I can't get over is the bending.
mean.gif
For some reason it just looks so terrible to me, and that Pro-Bending business didn't help.
how I feel.I just can't connect to any of the characters ( I like enzin and the evil uncle, but not korra and her crew). They just aren't very interesting or well done characters. And don't get me started on Korra. Like she has no redeeming qualities or anything that makes you want to root for her as a main lead. Like I wanted to see Amon actually beat her and succeed

I do like the spirit arc and Wan a lot, but I couldn't help feel like season 2 wouldn't have been more interesting with Aang and his crew maybe like 5 years in their future
When they did that flashback with Wan and the origins of the avatar and 4 nations I immediately wished they had done an entire series on that instead of Korra.

Wan>Korra, by a long shot. Wish they'd do a mini-series or something to further expand on his story leading up to his death. The animation they used for those episodes was on point as well. :smokin

Interested to see the season premiere tonight. (Completely forgot until a minute ago when I saw the commercial for it.) Good thing I took work off today.

Yeah that dragon lookin all kinds of fierce.

Honestly though it would be a tie for me between choosing a flying bison or a dragon. They both seem dope to have.

Since they did 3 episodes tonight, there won't be another episode for 2 weeks because of 4th of July weekend :smh:

Since they did 3 episodes tonight, there won't be another episode for 2 weeks because of 4th of July weekend :smh:

Whoa, did I miss something? I thought there were 2 episodes...

There was a third right after the first two

I'm digging the premier, didn't think they'd have much to work with in terms of clear antagonists but I'm liking what they're doing with the traditional troupe of villains.

What the **** they did 3 episodes I thought it was just one? The one where korra gets the gold for the queen.

What the **** they did 3 episodes I thought it was just one? The one where korra gets the gold for the queen.

lol my bad B we're having a semantics issue. When I say three episodes, I counted the hour-long special as two episodes. So that plus the visit to the Earth Queen makes 3 total

lol my bad B we're having a semantics issue. When I say three episodes, I counted the hour-long special as two episodes. So that plus the visit to the Earth Queen makes 3 total

:lol: Yeah what Heat said. That hour should count as 2 episodes plus the one after. I'm glad they're back in ba sing sae though. I hope they make a trip to the fire nation this season as well.

is just me or does Kai look like Ang?
What type of bending does that villain with the flaming disc use? fire?

I really like the start of the season. Seeing Zuko was awesome and the benders coming for Korra are on a whole other level.

Zuko 
eek.gif
.  I cant wait to see what hes about, now that hes more than likely mastered all there is to know about firebending. Also want to know where he got that Dragon from cause there were only two left during the first series. 

No idea how Korra is going to beat these guys, they seemed primed to give her a huge L.

Back
Top Bottom