Update (article about Xbeam)....$200 Reeboks...what?

^ yes we already know that, and someone already mentioned it above

the technology is interesting, but the shoes are plain ugly

the new balance's are the 2000GR's, an awesome running shoe, it has a great amount of abzorb cushioning from just past the heel and up to the toe, it's made in the US, it uses new balance's N-ergy, a brand new technology that incorporates stability with cushioning and those are the major factor's for the high price, but it is well worth it and it sells well most places, most retail stores sell them for around $180 or $185 though.

^^Another major reason for those shoes selling so well at such a high price is that people that have worn NB to run in don't switch. And they know that if NB is releasing something for $200, that the shoe is worth it, not because it comes with a briefcase and a cd-rom.
Ok, I'm done, you can go.

you're all forgetting that the millenium InstaPump Fury special editions from Reebok are near the $200,- mark too...

WOW!!! REEBOK IS VERY INNOVATIVE...
I REMEMBER WHEN I GOT MY FIRST PUMPS (BLACKTOP PUMPS)...MY MOTHER WOULD NOT LET ME WERE THEM TO SCHOOL BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE GETTING JACK FOR THEM...AHH!!! THE GOOD OLD DAYS....OHH AND REEBOK PLEASE TALK TO SHAQ SO YOU COULD RETRO SOME CLASSIC SHAQ PUMP..PLEASE
ISAAC

Just found this article about the nex X-beam basketball shoe and the Reebok athletes in the dunk contest. EnjoyNBA Player Jason Richardson to Endorse Reebok

Jason Richardson, Steve Francis and Gerald Wallace to Debut New XBeam
Franchise Shoes in NBA All-Star 2002 NBA.com Slam Dunk Presented By RealOne

CANTON, Mass., Feb. 7 /PRNewswire/ --
Reebok International Ltd. (NYSE: RBK) announced today that Jason Richardson,
first round draft pick from Golden State, will endorse Reebok products.
Richardson, a 6'6" starting Guard/Forward averaging 11.5 points per game, will
endorse Rbk, Reebok's new collection of street-inspired footwear and apparel
hook-ups for young men and women.
"We are extremely excited that Jason Richardson, one of the premiere
rookies in the league, has joined Reebok's roster of athlete endorsers," said
Todd Krinsky, Reebok's senior director, young men's. "Richardson exemplifies
what our new Rbk collection represents. He's new, he's electrifying and he's
an inspiration to young men who admire his passion for the game."
Richardson will wear the XBeam Franchise in white/silver (release date
April 5) during the 2002 NBA.com Slam Dunk presented by RealOne and the 'got
milk?' Rookie Challenge on NBA All-Star Saturday Night. Three of the four
players selected to compete in the Slam Dunk competition are Reebok athletes.
Richardson, Steve Francis of the Houston Rockets, and Gerald Wallace of the
Sacramento Kings will each don the new XBeam. Francis will wear the XBeam in
white/red, and Wallace will wear the black version.
"Jason Richardson, Steven Francis and Gerald Wallace chose to wear the
XBeam because it's a futuristic, lightweight shoe designed for these high
flyers," said Krinsky. The XBeam is an engineering breakthrough for plastics,
providing flexibility, cushioning and a lightweight feel while looking sleek
and low to the ground.
For further information on Reebok's RBK collection, featuring the XBeam,
please visit press.reebok.com and enter the following username and
password: Username: jwfoster Password: reebokpr.

ABOUT REEBOK:
Reebok International Ltd., headquartered in Canton, MA, is a leading
worldwide designer, marketer and distributor of sports, fitness and casual
footwear, apparel and equipment. Principal operating units include the Reebok
Division, The Rockport Company, Greg Norman Collection and Ralph Lauren
Footwear. Sales for 2001 totaled approximately $3.0 billion.

I followed the link in the article and entered the password, etc. not to bad, decent info, but not as much as I had wanted about the diamond collection or the X-beam.

That Silver XBeam looks great. FYI - THE RED/WHITE XBEAMS COME OUT 2-15, NOT THIS WEEKEND. Those Blacktop shoes look good too. Here are some Millennium Furys while we are showing some Futuristic Reeboks

I have the Gold Ones and the Blue/Citron ones. My next buy is the Silver/Grafitti color

fury_m_christmas_02.jpg

fury_m_1-65312_l01.jpg

fury_m_1-64207_l01.jpg

fury_m_1-63072_l01.jpg

fury_m_1-63071_l05.jpg

"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

MAN FOR ALL OF YOU DOWNING THE REEBOKS. I TRIED THESE AT THE MAGIC SHOW IN VEGAS LAST AUGUST. IM NEW BUT NOT A NEWBIE TO THIS GAME. MY PERSONAL FAVORITE CUSHIONING SYSTEM IS THE REMOVABLE IN-SOLE FROM THE FLP 3. THE AIR TECH. IN THE REEBOKS SURPASSES ANYTHING YOUVE EVER TRIED. BELIEVE ME I KNOW. RIGHT NOW IM CURRENTLY A BUYER FOR ONE OF THE TOP COMPANIES ON THE WEST COAST AND I KNOW MOST OF THE RETRO DESIGNERS FROM NIKE. HIT ME UP IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING.

the username and password aint working...can someone please post the silver x-beam pic please

What are large corporations like NIke and Reebok thinking by charging their customers $200 for a pair of shoes. Can't they see that the economy is in a recession and ppl are losing their jobs left and right... This only adds to the problem.

Personally, I don't think any shoe is worth $200, regardless of the performance or how well-designed it is. Just think of everything else you can buy with that amount of money.
That's my two cents. You got something to add?

thanks dmx, those are looking real nice...my favorite still has to be the white/red though

Best Reebok post I've probably ever seen on NT. Keep it up, fellas. I am actually considering buying the white/red X-Beam's.

Those white/silver X-Beams look fantastic. I haven't bought any Reeboks since the Mobius collection in 95/96, but this is certainly tempting me (although knowing Reebok, they won't come to Australia!).

Phil.

^^^Mobius collection....sweet....Shaqnosis...ahh, memories.

That Xbeam is lookin better and better, especially after seeing Richardson dominate the rookie game and dunk competition in them.

Here's some more:

reebokdirect_1675_101522

Cross-trainer:

reebokdirect_1674_4216652

I just ordered the second one for $130 no tax and free shipping!

wow, I like the unique styling, when it is toned down a little with the technology in the soles still, they will do well I think.

This is the best Reebok post ever, and it isn't even about Iversons! Archive this when it is over!

Where did you order those shoes from?!
"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

Wow, both the runner and the trainer are $130....dayum, I may have to get a pair of the runners now. When you get your trainers, let us know how they feel. My friend that works in a retailer's home office has a pair of the Xbeam basketball shoes and says they feel better than the XVII to ball in.

Back
Top Bottom