Update (article about Xbeam)....$200 Reeboks...what?

Does anyone have any info on this shoe?

63748.jpg

What makes this a $200 running shoe? It's called the Diamond Contact Run .

Suggested retail price: $199.99

Ok, I'm done, you can go.

it's the "Air Max Feet u Wear"

dreadful.
Check the "KICKS style" Boon Extra Japan special for pics of the full range and a hilariously paranoid Reebok internal memo about the launch. Mentions "Nike" and "Shox" more than the product they are talking about.
I'm finding it harder to be a gentleman every day.

Hey thanks. I had seen that Ferarri shoe on footaction, so I thought you got them all from there. Have you noticed how Filas have been adding their take on visible air bubbles to their shoes? And those bubbles on the Reeboks, I know I sound ignorant, but what the heck are those? And yeah, they better have some great technology in those things to warrant that price.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this has something to do with it:

Xbeam: This thin, lightweight, technical plate replaces the normal midsole of the shoe and allows for a shoe to be lighter, more flexible and more responsive. Various combinations of 3D Ultralite and rubber are used on the outsole which are sport specific and help the athlete perform at their best.

This is directly off the Reebok FAQ page. I would think these shoes have a full length Xbeam since it doesn't look like there is any midsole at all. Then, beyond where the midsole would be there are those bubbly things that could, maybe, possibly be some kind of DMX? They may not be much to look at, but I would love to try them on to see how Reebok's idea of a $200 shoe equates to the Jordan XVII.

X-Beam is the Reebok version of the tech Nike is using on the Spectre and the Fantaposite sole units.
They have a Pocketknife fold-up shoe ripoff lined up too.

The Boon special also has pics from the Barcelona Reebok design office which is filled with (guess what) Nike shoes!

Collie, I remember that note

Project New Era (not my name - Cake came up with it)
'Redefining the fit of sports shoes'

First some questions, then an outline plan, followed by suggested actions.

1. How does the Diamond DMX shoe fit Diamond range?

Paul, I think the shoe is something special. It is our BIG Brand Story for 2002. Therefore, I think we are talking about a stand alone launch. I think we're launching a new 'system' e.g. Shox is not about one product its about a range. This will allow us to evolve it in to other spots at a later date e.g. Basketball, Cross Training etc. etc

I also think this shoe targets a different consumer it targets the cutting edge trainer officionado in contrast to the upmarket Diamond line.

2. Given that this is a major story, we should keep it confidential?

We don't want this ripped off by the competition. If Nike hear we have the next Shox, that's ok - it will get them worried. What they mustn't get is the detail.

Therefore, we must be careful about what we say to whom. I also think we must consider carefully what we show at the Global Launch. I'd be tempted not to show the shoe - I'd show a 3D animation. I'd try to build some mystique and some exciement about what's coming without giving the detail. Then all we need to do is deliver.

3. What's our plan?

Nike will have planned the launch of Shox's months, if not years in advance. We should pull a small team together and develop a very strong and confident launch plan. This is big for Reebok, therefor we need the right people and the right agencies.

We mustn't let people just talk about the product. If we do, they'll talk it down. I'm sure if Nike had shown their salesforce the Shox product and said " What do you think?" They'll have all said, "Doesn't look great, gimmicky, makes your foot look long etc etc ". But they won't have done that they'll have presented a strong launch plan, done it in a special way, taken key accounts to a launch venue etc etc. People's subjective view about the product won't have mattered. The sales person and the retailer would know that Nike would make a lot of noise about it, therefor they had to buy it

WE MUST DO THE SAME. WE MUST LAUNCH THIS WITH CONFIDENCE. PEOPLE MUST KNOW THIS IS THE BIG STORY.

There ya go, word for word, even the bad grammar and misspelling of the note.
Easa

H A T E R T A L K . C O M

plopunisher@hatertalk.com

Hit Me Up On Aim

PLO's Current Ebay Auctions!

I'm selling it all!
XI White/Carolina(sz11), Cool Grey(sz11)
XI Low Zen(sz11), XI Low Snake(sz11)
Jordan IV Black/Cement/Red (sz10) Jordan IV Retro White/Black/Cement (sz10)Jordan V White/Red (sz11)
Jordan I Retro Black/Red, Black/Blue, Navy/White, White/Silver (10.5 and 11)
Black/Cement III's (sz10.5 & 11) Jordan XVI Cherrywood (sz11)
Jordan VI Black/Red OG DS sz12 box, flightclub card, locks
Shox BB4 (TB) White/Maroon Suede (Stanford)sz 12
Shox BB4 (TB) White/Navy Suede (Duke/Uconn) sz 11
Zoom Haven Black/Silver (sz 11) Zoom Haven Navy/Flash(sz10)
Air Force I PR2 Edition (sz10.5) Flightposite I Charcoal/Red(sz10.5)
All Deadstock, With Original Boxes and Retro Cards!(Where Applicable)
Please email me or IM me with serious offers, thanks! I can give solid (70+) ebay feedback and NT feedback from veteran users.

"Iceberg sweats with I-B on the elastics..."

alright, my take on the shoe

I have seen this for a long time now, its been on the site for quite a while, I honestly thought it was a typo with the price. As for the 200 dollars, I don't agree with that, and hopefully when I get to Canton Mass, I will make changes with that. However, the new technology does seem exciting, the XBeam has gotten good reviews, the DMX always gets good reviews and the Ultralite is also pretty popular....though not in the basketball department. Reebok has a lot of good stuff going for them, obviously Iverson, the second is their technology. The key for them is to bring it together with a very solid shoe line that is consistent through the years so people get used and know it. Do I think this price tag is ridiculous? Yes. Do I think that the technology could be useful very comfortable and cool? Yes. Take it or leave it
"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

New balance has had a $200 shoe on the market for sometime now--at least since last summer. I'm not sure what the alphanumeric name for it was, but footlocker had it in stock. Visually it looks like all the other new balance running shoes (grey upper with white midsole), but I"m sure if New Balance is charging $200 that something must have been good.

just curious, does anyone know when the ferrari/fila shoes come out, if they haven't already? thanks, those are the first nice fila's i have ever seen

Those NBs are machines, they are some of the best running shoes and don't wear or break down at all.......and NB has always had their top of the line be price barrier....first 100, then 150, then 200. Just how it goes, but good comparison
"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

i wonder how long it will take for the air in those to pop (if that is what it really is). they are so openly exposed and the outsole is so thin. i kinda like the midsole design though. it is very interesting.

Did I mention Reebok had also incorporated the idea of the Footscape wider shoe last in the shoe?

It really is a just a greatest hits package of the last 5-7 years shoe technology from all companies.

This shoe is so freakin intrigiuing...
Footscape last now? I have got to at least try this thing on. Is there anyone that has maybe seen this thing live, or even a prototype? I remeber a few years back they had a shoe all set to drop that had their Graphlite technology and the 3D ultralite sole, but they scrapped it...can't remember the name of the shoe for the life of me, but I had it on order from the Reebok Associates Purchase Program and everything, then got a letter with a check in it saying sorry, we're not releasing that shoe.

I don't understand it... what is Reebok doing?

The company is so confused I don't know where to start. I mean, WHO are they marketing to?

This thing looks almost as ridiculous as the Oakley shoes with the pod looking things on the back. This will have ZERO street cred (unlike the Shox).

Also, who are they kidding thinking hardcore runners will buy a $200 Reebok running shoe? Go into any REAL running store and you'll find legions of people laughing at Reebok-wearing runners. DMX provides good cushioning but it doesn't last very long and the rest of the build is usually trash.

Real runners may drop two bills on a New Balance because of their incredible history. It's pretty much agreed that Asics, New Balance and, perhaps, Nike are the choices for the serious runner.

I certainly hope that this shoe is limited because, while I don't care for Reebok, it would be a shame to see them go bankrupt over this idea.

Reebok isn't going anywhere near Bankrupt, there stock and sales have done tremendously well these past 2 years and even grabbed 2% of total market share from Nike and Adidas

As for the name of the mystery shoe

Reebok 3D Opus
Reebok 3D Pump Opus

had two of them, I have pics if you want

You actually had the Opus? Wow, where did you get them? I would love to see pics of the ones you had. If you can't post them, hit me at stevensclayton@yahoo.com. How did they feel? They looked unbelievably light and comfy.

haha, I think I have heard of every Reebok shoe, I was so excited for them to come out, Oct 1st was their release date in 99, but then they never did. I will post pics after my class

Here is the Diamoind range in all it's *ahem* glory.

All the info was in this Boon special about 4-5 months ago now, maybe longer. Remember that as American consumers you are not worthy to hear about their superior shoes.

SEE how they have tried to make a Prada rip-off with the Dress version.
LOOK how FIT is actually Footscape by another name.
WONDER who is going to buy the Vantage mid.

Truly they are design geniuses

diamond1.jpg

diamond2.jpg

The reason those 200 dollar New Balances cost 200 is because they are MADE IN THE USA. Anything made here would jack up the price because of labor costs. Imagine if the 17's were made here. They would cost like 400!

Oh yea, those $200 NB's are called 2000GR's.

Here are the Pump Opus, I will post more pics of the regular ones later....

pumpopusagain.jpg%20

pumpopus.jpg

Another pic of the diamond collection......just a more exposed DMX system, which is good
reeboknew2.jpg%20

Pump Opus...too sweet! What I wouldn't do for a 13 in that bad boy. I don't know, this diamond collection looks pretty sweet, unfortunatley, way too expensive for a pair of Reeboks. Introduce it at a price we can handle, get us hooked, then jack up the price, not vice versa.

This is it,
we are in an new century now and in the near future i think alot of prices on shoes will go up, since nb did it and jordan is about to do it and reebox will do it soon then somewhere down the line you will see the kobes go a little higher. Then fila may do it, you never know!

(those reebox are tight, if i can buy some jordans for 200 then i might as well buy those reebox, I'm really feeling those air pockets on the side of the shoe, they are some of the tightest running shoes i've seen in an while so you cant really hate on reebox for doing this.)
-Jermar Harris

here you go!
opus3d1.jpg

opus3d0.jpg

opus3d3.jpg

INCREDIBLE SHOES......

i have a few ads for them as well, Reebok was pushing them at first till they dropped them......sucks

actually...$200 for some running shoes isn't new

New Balance has a pair for $200 also..i saw it on Eastbay once..dont know the name but i heard they're worth the price but i'm not a runner

no one made a big fuss bout the price for the new balance though....

Back
Top Bottom