Update (article about Xbeam)....$200 Reeboks...what?

I would love to work for Nike, but that's just a dream, and it isn't what I've always wanted to do when I got out of school either, it's one of those things that you think"wouldn't it be awesome if I worked there" but you don't seriously consider. I seriously think I could make Nike an even stronger company, because I look and see the criticisms people have with Nike, like for example the runners that used to wear Nike but now wear asics and new balance, and I would work towards building a stronger line towards the very serious runner. I'm sure though there are other people that have the same ideas I do that actually are aiming to work for Nike, and I hope they get the job there someday.

Im not a big fan of Reebok but for some reason I am really looking forward to getting the Xbeams. It intrigues me more than the VC shox no offense. I cant wait.

Dmxfury, I have a couple of reebok designs and I am hoping to get a digital camera or something and i'll send them to you for the website. they look okay.

good point MJ, I guess I should be quiet about my ambitions. The thing with Nike, is I know they are working on new stuff, which is why I hate them in so many ways. To compare to wrestling, which I hate to do but I will, the WCW was top dog for a while, and what did they do? Get lazy. Now the WWF is top dog, and their programming has gone down in quality. Nike seems to be an exception, they are the top dog, but aren't slowing down, its as if they simply want to not only run the table, but own the table! Their first asset is Eric Avar, whom is the greatest shoe designer ever to live, his ideas are so revolutionary, it should be illegal. Thats why I respect Nike, they don't sit at the top basking in glory, they keep on finding new products and technologies.

AirDong - can't wait to see the pics, I myself have drawn about 30-40 shoes, half nike and half reebok.

And about that poll on brand loyalty, it was on the same article I read the poll, but it was not brand loyalty, the poll was titled differently. Once again, I only bring it up just to show that they are obviously not as popular as nike, but they have gained popularity from 3 years ago and are leaps ahead from where they were 5 years ago...
"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

Just to briefly return to the Mobius collection, can anyone post pics of the Rails (Big Dog used to wear them)? I had a pair that I bought the same time as the Bursts, but someone pinched them, & I've been pining for them ever since...

Phil.

dmx,That comparison about wrestling is very true. And it happens all the time to companies that hit number one. Usually companies get lazy once they reach the top and don't work hard to stay there. Nike on the other hand while they're number one, continues to research and innovate like they were number 2 trying to take the number one slot, and that's one of the best things about the company. They aren't lazy, they continue to innovate and will do anything to stay number one. Don't forget, (you know this, but others don't) that entering the 80s, Nike was number one, then along came Reebok as a new company and pushed them to #2 in the mid 80s, and by the late 80s Nike worked their way back to #1. Nike already knows what it's like to fall from the top, and they don't want that to happen again. They've gotten very smart over time I think.

If that new Diamond Collection doesn't get 'Bok back in it, these puppies should be able to.

[Thanks alot to AnswerIVDMX for letting me get past the gates ( :wink:
wink.gif
) for these pics. Without him, this couldn't be possible.]

13.jpg

Above the Rim- Designed and engineered for athletes who truly play basketball above the rim.

blacktop4.jpg

Blacktop Street-inspired basketball collection, designed and engineered for athletes and the lifestyle that is spent on, and around the blacktop. Built for strength, toughness, speed, desire and the "Love of the game".

BTW, in my parent's closet I think my dad has those Glenn Robinson's y'all talk about, in burgundy, black and white, with the Hexalite in the heel and the inner bootie. Very comfortable, I'd probably have to post a pic.

Yeah, I was going to post those, thanks though for doing it. The Blacktops are really cool looking, especially the larger pics, and the Above the Rims are pretty simple looking and cool. Oh well, the only people whom benefit from good competition is us, the consumers.
"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

DMXfury - have you got those larger pics to post? Or can you direct the rest of us to links? That'd be great.

Phil. - the man who now wants Reebok to retro the Mobius collection!

I don't know about you guys, but the most comfortable shoe that I wore lately (but don't own) are the Dukes they are soo comfortable....dmx you got a pair of these?
email: nikedude@netvigator.comBeen here ever since '97

Back
Top Bottom