UPDATE PAGE 2- Knee injury...... Med Students? General thoughts here?

Hey rodrigofresh.

I've just been reading over this post. Wow...sorry to hear it took so long for results. I'm curious to know how you've been recovering since the scope? The knee is notorious for being a slow healer as it gets the least amount of blood flow compared to anywhere else in our body.

Hey rodrigofresh.

I've just been reading over this post. Wow...sorry to hear it took so long for results. I'm curious to know how you've been recovering since the scope? The knee is notorious for being a slow healer as it gets the least amount of blood flow compared to anywhere else in our body.

Sorry about not following up on this, wanted to give you guys an update.

It has been just about 1 year since the surgery, I started back up with jogging around two months after the surgery, then basketball and eventually crossfit again. Before my surgery I finally hit #290 back squat (I weigh around 160) and I just got back up to #225 1rm a few weeks ago, front squat is almost the same. I am able to sprint, do weightless lunges, kettle bell swings etc.

Here comes the problem, my surgery was the outer meniscus, I now have pain around the inner meniscus.. Not exactly the same pain as before put it feels bad. I feel like I overcompsated towards the inside to make up for the outside being injured this past year and may have out too much strain on it.

The thing is with my first tear I could not jog, I can currently sprint and be fine.... So I am hoping it is not as bad,

I would say to anyone that thinks they might have a tear to get an MRI done asap! Do not continue to stress the pain, when and if you do have a surgery make sure to take time and slowly get back into activities!

As we get older we need to stretch and warm up for all activities! And as always use good form!

I agree! We need to stretch, especially our knees! We get so little blood flow to our knees that it makes healing from an injury sooo hard. The inner meniscus gets the least blood flow in that area. Most doctors will say it gets none at all, but it is still living tissue, so needs to get some. I always recommend the BFST Knee wrap. It's kinda like ultrasound. It promotes blood flow to the knee, which is just so important, especially when trying to recover from something. I used it for my foot and it healed that for me in a month and a half. I'm wishing you all the best! I included some interesting info about the meniscus as well. http://kingbrand.com/Meniscus_Tear.php?REF=1110PV0.00

http://kingbrand.com/Meniscus-Surgical-Treatment.php?REF=1110PV0.00

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom