US birth rates fall for the 6th consecutive year

Lol and you came to this conclusion because I don't like rapey men? :lol:

That makes no sense. It would be one thing if I was going around making misogynistic comments but I'm literally doing the opposite.
I came to this conclusion because your comprehension skills suck and you glorify off fame. Anytime someones first response is “others agree with me” idgad about others. This a man to man conversation. **** yo receipts

i've definitely contributed to this statistic

all my kids have been toweled off or caught in the shield

I think it’s actually better to have kids later. You actually know things about life and have valuable information to pass on that will help be successful. You don’t have kids to play with them, you’re supposed to be teaching them. Other kids can do that, but they don’t play outside anymore, and we wonder how that happened. It’s not JUST technology.

I’d say late 20’s early 30’s for having kids. Aside from health reasons, I wouldn’t want to be old as **** by the time they hit graduation. I’m trying to hit the bars with my little dudes

You’d be one boring *** dad lol
I'd rather be the boring dad that sets his kids up for success than the "fun" dad that couldn't give or teach his kids ****.

Too much emphasis is put on being the "fun parent" rather than being the "good" parent.

My mom wasn't super fun but she taught me a **** ton and put me on the right path in life. I appreciate that much more than I would've appreciated her being the cool parent when I was coming up.

I'd rather be the boring dad that sets his kids up for success than the "fun" dad that couldn't give or teach his kids ****.

Too much emphasis is put on being the "fun parent" rather than being the "good" parent.

My mom wasn't super fun but she taught me a **** ton and put me on the right path in life. I appreciate that much more than I would've appreciated her being the cool parent when I was coming up.
It’s a mixture of both. Boring/serious parents alotta times have underlying problems. Non smiling folks smh.. Type to get mad when a kid asks a dumb question. A 5 yr old does not have the mental capacity of a grown 30 yr old man lol..
Kids watching you smile, laugh and enjoy life is what it’s about. Yes, it’s essential to teach but more important to have fun while educating..

"legacy" is how you get Donalds Trump running around with no qualifications but their last names...wildly overrated concept.
Honestly, how much of legacy is tied into the ego? "This world MUST have remnants of my nuts still existing." That stuff "matters" ( matters7 matters7 ) while we are alove but when we are dead, I'm sure that doesn't matter.

It’s a mixture of both. Boring/serious parents alotta times have underlying problems. Non smiling folks smh.. Type to get mad when a kid asks a dumb question. A 5 yr old does not have the mental capacity of a grown 30 yr old man lol..
Kids watching you smile, laugh and enjoy life is what it’s about. Yes, it’s essential to teach but more important to have fun while educating..

While I feel you I think that's more of a personality thing vs an age thing.

Not everyone is good with kids.

Preach preach preach. I’m not their friend and I will never be. We can be many things, and as time passes that can grow into more, but we ain’t boys.

these “fun” parents are enablers. Nothing more

before I hear backlash, this is MY STANCE on the situation

Preach preach preach. I’m not their friend and I will never be. We can be many things, and as time passes that can grow into more, but we ain’t boys.

The only thing I disagree on is being their friend. One day I would like to be less of a parent and more of a friend.

My mom isn't my friend and I feel like I hide like 80% of my true self from her. I'm not even into nothing wild but we just don't have the type of relationship where we talk about much more than surface level **** (jobs, kids, business).

When the conversations do get deeper she is so much more of my parent and not my friend that I feel judged.

I pray that when my kids are in their 30s we can have much more of a friendship than I have with my parents.

However, I'm grateful for everything my mom has done for me. She wasn't fun or enabling by any means but she set both my sister and I up really well. Her "legacy" is cemented. Yeah they might not know her name 5 generations from now but all her hard work definitely helped my family overcome hella generational curses.

Last edited:
Not everyone is good with kids.
Agree….
I had to transport a 10 yr old kid and place him into a new group home yesterday. His foster parents were a bad fit. Dad was an Air Force high ranking guy and understood that he had to dumb himself down and meet kid half way to teach him about accountability/boundaries and all that development stuff that kiddo didn’t experience 0-5.
Mom on the other hand was cold as ice. Never smiled, went 0-60 when kid showed defiance. Kid pushed her down the stairs and she kicked him in the ballsack on her way down. Toxic as fuh… Our behavior coaches tried teaching her to listen first to his needs before reacting. She admitted that she has unresolved issues within herself and can’t put her kids needs first.

worst part…. The group home was full. 12-15 kids in a home and when I walked in majority asked are you here to take me..

The only thing I disagree on is being their friend. One day I would like to be less of a parent and more of a friend.

My mom isn't my friend and I feel like I hide like 80% of my true self from her. I'm not even into nothing wild but we just don't have the type of relationship where we talk about much more than surface level **** (jobs, kids, business).

When the conversations so get deeper she is so much more of my mom and not my parent that I feel judged.

I pray that when my kids are in their 30s we can have much more of a friendship than I have with my parents.

However, I'm grateful for everything my mom has done for me. She wasn't fun or enabling by any means but she set both my sister and I up really well. Her "legacy" is cemented. Yeah they might not know her name 5 generations for now but all her hard work definitely helped my family overcome hella generational curses.
Maybe our definition of friend is different. I’d like to think I’m above that rank. Doesn’t mean we can’t have fun and what not but I’m going to be better than a friend and demand more respect than that.

Maybe our definition of friend is different. I’d like to think I’m above that rank. Doesn’t mean we can’t have fun and what not but I’m going to be better than a friend and demand more respect than that.
Now that I agree with.

I came to this conclusion because your comprehension skills suck and you glorify off fame. Anytime someones first response is “others agree with me” idgad about others. This a man to man conversation. **** yo receipts

Lol my comprehension skills are fine, your moral compass is not.

Do not frame feminism as consent in the context of this discussion. It is idiotic.

Blaming women denying unwanted sexual advances as the reason for decline in birth rates is problematic no matter how you cut it. But I don't expect someone like you to see why that is wrong. And then to call something so basic as that as feminist? :rofl:

I would be very strict when it comes to things like grades and academic achievement. I would let my kids take certain liberties "within reason" as long as they excel in school.

You can smoke weed but you better not bring back no Cs to this house. :lol: :smh:

Blaming women denying unwanted sexual advances as the reason for decline in birth rates is problematic no matter how you cut it. But I don't expect someone like you to see why that is wrong. And then to call something so basic as that as feminist? :rofl:
Go laugh at the wall. Try harder to convince yourself you’re right. And breathe.

Lol my comprehension skills are fine, your moral compass is not.

Do not frame feminism as consent in the context of this discussion. It is idiotic.

Here’s what I see....LOL
0FA70BDC-01B4-4C2D-B81D-B3D201CE8CD7.png

Yikes at whatever you’re commenting towards. Sounds...... interesting

What’s the minimum income you need for a small house, a reasonable car, and a kid where y’all live?

It’s probably like $150-200k CAD here, or like $125-175k USD?

A town house is like $1M here, and you need like 20% down.

A 2 bedroom condo probably around $750k

I imagine it’s easier to have a family outside a major metropolitan city.

Here’s what I see....LOL
0FA70BDC-01B4-4C2D-B81D-B3D201CE8CD7.png

Yikes at whatever you’re commenting towards. Sounds...... interesting
You the biggest hater on NT. You try and convince folks you know what’s going on but choose to ignore others. That’s some *** backwards Fox CNBC News type stuff

What’s the minimum income you need for a small house, a reasonable car, and a kid where y’all live?

Between my fiance and I we are probably closer to the end of that USD range you suggested.

We separated for a while and each of us had separate expenses for ourselves but split childcare, food etc for our kid so I know it can be done with less. Even then we split childcare or **** could've gone left for real.

I've seen people make under 100k and raise kids for sure (hell that's most people) but it isn't the easiest.

Childcare especially in the early years can really eat up your finances.

Last edited:

For 750k I'm getting 5000 sq ft, 5 beds and 5 baths, sitting on waterfront property.

I imagine it’s easier to have a family outside a major metropolitan city.
Stay breaded up but also don’t burn bridges with family. They will ease your cost with day care.
im in Sacramento CA with 5 kiddos and both my Parents stay with me.

Back
Top Bottom