US birth rates fall for the 6th consecutive year

What’s the minimum income you need for a small house, a reasonable car, and a kid where y’all live?

It’s probably like $150-200k CAD here, or like $125-175k USD?

A town house is like $1M here, and you need like 20% down.

A 2 bedroom condo probably around $750k

I imagine it’s easier to have a family outside a major metropolitan city.

You must live in san fran or silicon valley, sheesh.

Minimum income depends on the type of lifestyle you want. I'm a homebody so I'm willing to spend whatever for a house or condo. Outside of that I don't spend much so I have a ton of money saved, I just need to figure out where I want to settle down. Thinking about moving down south, not past NC or Georgia ofcourse. Preferably a place like Atlanta, Charlotte, or Durham...money goes further down there and theoretically I can work from anywhere and still keep the same income.

You must live in san fran or silicon valley, sheesh.

Minimum income depends on the type of lifestyle you want. I'm a homebody so I'm willing to spend whatever for a house or condo. Outside of that I don't spend much so I have a ton of money saved, I just need to figure out where I want to settle down. Thinking about moving down south, not past NC or Georgia ofcourse. Preferably a place like Atlanta, Charlotte, or Durham...money goes further down there and theoretically I can work from anywhere and still keep the same income.
Toronto

What’s the minimum income you need for a small house, a reasonable car, and a kid where y’all live?

It’s probably like $150-200k CAD here, or like $125-175k USD?

A town house is like $1M here, and you need like 20% down.

A 2 bedroom condo probably around $750k

I imagine it’s easier to have a family outside a major metropolitan city.
Damn, that's worse than in the bay area.

I knew Toronto was expensive but 1M for a townhouse is ridiculous.
You gotta remember it’s CAD tho, and it varies by neighborhood and age of home, if it’s been renovated etc.

I think $500k-$1m is normal.

I remember a kid in school whos dad had him later in life. Everyone used to think it was his grandfather that was picking him up :lol:

Gotta suck tho, imagine having a kid at 60. When the kids 10 and wants to play catch, or kick a ball, or ride bikes you gonna be 70.

My good friend is close with someone who had their first kid at 58. Super wild to me. I guess fam loves to travel and still hit clubs and bars.

My wife & I, have a son, but I think we’re one and done.

Isn't it normal for developed nations to have a decrease in birth rates in general though?

The world is overpopulated anyways
This is true but smart countries supplement this by welcoming immigration, and the USA has been the opposite of this lately so that’s why the low birth rate can be a problem…We’ll see if the Biden crew can undo some of the damage Trump did on this issue

You gotta remember it’s CAD tho, and it varies by neighborhood and age of home, if it’s been renovated etc.

I think $500k-$1m is normal.

I guess so, still pricey tho. My budget for a condo/townhouse as of now is about 400k with 100k down. Depending on where I chose to settle down I can probably get a really nice 3-4 bedroom with a basement.

My good friend is close with someone who had their first kid at 58. Super wild to me. I guess fam loves to travel and still hit clubs and bars.

My wife & I, have a son, but I think we’re one and done.
I'm in my early 30's and I want kids within 5 years. I can't imagine waiting until 50+ but to be fair I thought I would have them by now so who knows?

I want to be the older dad personally

Damn, 58?! Imo if you dont have a kid by 45 dont have one at all. Doing a disservice to the kid that way
Even 45 is pushing it but that still gives you 30 years of time to spend with them (hopefully)

I know a couple girls on my IG in their mid 30s that got pregnant out of nowhere because they feel their biological clock is ticking or that they "should" have a kid by that age

Still think it's dumb and it's better to move at your own pace and not what society tells you

That’s a steal. People out here paying twice that all day. Woof.
That’s the problem how can someone in the lower middle class making 35k each can afford some daycare like that.

A lot of people put the burden of raising kids on their parents and grandparents. Some people don’t have that luxury.

Then you have people who shouldn’t have kids living of the government, child support from different baby daddy’s, and hopping from job to job.

I know a couple girls on my IG in their mid 30s that got pregnant out of nowhere because they feel their biological clock is ticking or that they "should" have a kid by that age

Still think it's dumb and it's better to move at your own pace and not what society tells you
Women have a harder time moving at their own pace when they reach their mid 30s if they don’t have a child. After 35 the risks of having a child with a birth defect significantly increases. It’s really the age where they need to decide whether or not they want kids.

There are 2 species of white people in this country, I'm hoping the MAGA trash demographic is the one shrinking.
unlikely. they live in areas where it doesn’t cost much to live so usually it’s possible to have kids. It’s more like educated people that are too busy with lifes / not in the social atmosphere pressure chamber that are choosing to not have kids or choosing to have only 1.

unlikely. they live in areas where it doesn’t cost much to live so usually it’s possible to have kids. It’s more like educated people that are too busy with lifes / not in the social atmosphere pressure chamber that are choosing to not have kids or choosing to have only 1.

Yea thats my fear. Intelligent and traditionally successful people in general tend to have less children. Meanwhile trailer park Jim Bob is having a litter of 10 kids with his cousin.

This statement is all fax but it doesn’t correlate to women and their biological clocks. That’s just what it is.
Same thing for men just not as crucial. The older you get the less quality sperm you have. That’s not society speaking that’s your body telling you that you aren’t getting any younger.

I think reproductive technology with sex and genetic selection may even the playing field a little bit especially for couples who can afford it. Not uncommon for women to have healthy kids in their 40s these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom