US Debt. Vol: US Bankrupt?

Um yeah what is the actual plan to pay it off. We keep spending but can't stop spending or we're screwed. How do you get into a debt this large anyway?

Anyone got ideas?

legalize marijuana 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

I don't think the debt will ever be paid off.

I don't know about countries but banks and etc don't take to kindly to not being payed.

So how will China and company get their money?
nerd.gif

It's a set up that's my interpretation of what he means.. and if it isn't, well that's my opinion.

Cause a war... 
If anything, it'll be here in the United States.

The country that hosts the war is paid for all damages, and then some.

I hope it doesn't come down to that 
ohwell.gif

Remember, the Goverment won't pay for all the damages WE WILL! 

With taxes, etc... 
frown.gif

2012 got us. Its gonna end all the debt. Lives will be lost, but debts will be resolved.

You stop throwing billions away on defense and wars that have proved fruitless. (In progress.)
You ensure that your tax code is sound and is progressive. Those who can pay more, should pay more, especially in times such as these. Cutting taxes and raising spending, all the while expecting things to be peachy is the most illogical thing a nation can do.

When you do spend, spend on infrastructure. This creates jobs within the country and makes the country stronger on the whole. Large businesses won't hire anymore people if they see they can do well with less, and our social programs are not good enough to really help people out. Therefore if people can't spend, and businesses won't spend, the government has to spend just to get things moving again. 

This is one path to fixing it.

How did it happen? Taxes were cut, spending was increased (primarily on defense and wars).

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

The Roman, Britannic, American empire share one thing in common big government big military big collapse. The british empire was fortunate enough to shrink and retract up until now.

It has little to do with large government. Big military and military expenditures, as well as overstretching your armed forces and not realizing when your power as hegemon is starting to waver has much more to do with it. 

The debt could be lowered and possibly even payed off by cutting military budgets and fixing all the social programs (social security etc.) that are growing out of control and taking up the whole annual budget. But I highly doubt that will be done

I knew the wars and military cost us a great deal. Anyone have numbers pertaining to the cost of these wars?

Are how would you reform our social programs?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I knew the wars and military cost us a great deal. Anyone have numbers pertaining to the cost of these wars?

Are how would you reform our social programs?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ost-3-7trillion-258k-lives.html#ixzz1QgdlVb6v
Estimate seems low when you remember all the 'hidden' operations going on outside the countries mentioned. Not to mention the millions we give to Israel every single day.

EDIT:  
roll.gif
@ the civilian casualty estimates.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

The Roman, Britannic, American empire share one thing in common big government big military big collapse. The british empire was fortunate enough to shrink and retract up until now.

It has little to do with large government. Big military and military expenditures, as well as overstretching your armed forces and not realizing when your power as hegemon is starting to waver has much more to do with it. 

Funny, entitlement spending dwarfs military spending but military spending is the problem...

it can be lowered but it cant be paid off

i dont see how the gov is in debt if they make the damb money themselves just print more money u douches

Forever in debt. The worst is yet to come folks.
^ The government doesn't print its own money. The Federal Reserve does, that's the issue at hand. This problem was foreseen since the 19th century with those against central banks and Abe himself said it will lead to problems and the collapse of the nation.

Back
Top Bottom