Usher first week sales Vol. Is the KING back?

Usher proves you can’t have too many hits.
With three smash singles at Urban radio, “There Goes My Baby,

No offense, but wouldn't this mean that The King was back last album when he went nearly gold in the first week?

^ I believe it's first week bredgren...

First Week Sales showcases the anticipation, because of either, your name/brand or singles were THAT good.

Everybody who is a fan WILL get the album the very first day/week the album releases...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

First Week Sales showcases the anticipation, because of either, your name/brand or singles were THAT good.

Everybody who is a fan WILL get the album the very first day/week the album releases...
so there you go, you just contradicted yourself, everyone is a fan will buy it first week then you use singles from there on to gain fans

"Here I Stand" died bc it had one hit single and it came out months before

Originally Posted by StillIn729

so there you go, you just contradicted yourself, everyone is a fan will buy it first week then you use singles from there on to gain fans

RvR hasn't had a really big hit single at all.
[table][tr][td]2008[/td][td]"Love in This Club" (featuring Young Jeezy)[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]8[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]9[/td][td]—[/td][td]9[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]Here I Stand[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love in This Club, Part II" (featuring Beyoncé and Lil Wayne)[/td][td]18[/td][td]7[/td][td]—[/td][td]96[/td][td]29[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Moving Mountains"[/td][td]67[/td][td]18[/td][td]25[/td][td]36[/td][td]28[/td][td]6[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]21[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Trading Places"[/td][td]45[/td][td]4[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]"Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)" (featuring Plies)[/td][td]31[/td][td]3[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]Raymond v. Raymond[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Lil Freak" (featuring Nicki Minaj)[/td][td]43[/td][td]20[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"OMG" (featuring will.i.am)[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]13[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]25[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"—" denotes release did not chart.[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

[table][tr][td]2008[/td][td]"Love in This Club" (featuring Young Jeezy)[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]8[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]9[/td][td]—[/td][td]9[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]Here I Stand[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love in This Club, Part II" (featuring Beyoncé and Lil Wayne)[/td][td]18[/td][td]7[/td][td]—[/td][td]96[/td][td]29[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Moving Mountains"[/td][td]67[/td][td]18[/td][td]25[/td][td]36[/td][td]28[/td][td]6[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]21[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Trading Places"[/td][td]45[/td][td]4[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]"Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)" (featuring Plies)[/td][td]31[/td][td]3[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]Raymond v. Raymond[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Lil Freak" (featuring Nicki Minaj)[/td][td]43[/td][td]20[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"OMG" (featuring will.i.am)[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]13[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]25[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][tr][td]"—" denotes release did not chart.[/td][/tr][/table]

Which is what I think Usher is trying to do this time, use a bunch of singles to create buzz, OMG will be huge and I'm pretty Little Freak will be big within weeks

Hey Daddy is a huge hit on urban radio

I'm not saying I'm right but I see this album going a different route than Here I Stand

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Which is what I think Usher is trying to do this time, use a bunch of singles to create buzz, OMG will be huge and I'm pretty Little Freak will be big within weeks

Hey Daddy is a huge hit on urban radio

I'm not saying I'm right but I see this album going a different route than Here I Stand
Yes "OMG" will be huge. It's currently number #10 on itunes singles chart. It will most likely be a Billboard hot 100 top 10 hit. Also, going to be his biggest overseas hit off RvR.

Correct guys. The singles did not connect in the way expected so an new idea seems to be used to create a buzz. Which is why "There goes my baby and Lil Freak were released asap. 350k in the first week is amazing considering the album leaked over a month ago. And it will do even better when OMG blows up and it is on its way. Here I Stand did not work as well because Love In The Club was the only MAJOR hit in terms of overall appeal. The other songs were great urban songs. Look at Monica, her single is really not that big in overall appeal, but they are doing great in the urban crowd. Overall appeal doesn't always control sales.

His music is too high school for me..He makes teeny bopper RnB..I'll buy an Usher album when his music matures..

This album is not as hot as his last. This is coming from someone who doesn't really like Usher but his last album was undeniably great. This one has a couple good tracks and that's it. I think the style of the wil.i.am song is played out and yes it will sell because of the girls.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

His music is too high school for me..He makes teeny bopper RnB..I'll buy an Usher album when his music matures..

He did that and Here I Stand flopped

did you even listen to RvR?  Monstar, Pro Lover, Mars vs. Venus, Fooling Around, There Goes My Baby and Hey Daddy are FAR from HS

He did that and Here I Stand flopped

did you even listen to RvR?  Monstar, Pro Lover, Mars vs. Venus, Fooling Around, There Goes My Baby and Hey Daddy are FAR from HS

I know right. And add to the fact that Usher is the biggest R&B star of this decade and appeals to EVERYONE. Plenty of the songs on this new album are just overall good songs that people of any age can listen to. When you grow up, then you'll understand the music.

Same way I feel. I don't want Confessions again but I atleast want something mature like that. I don't even consider this dude r&b no more after this album. Album is solid after 1 listen. I need to let it grown on me but man I expected a different route with this album. Here I Stand wasn't a bad album. Just didn't perform as well as Confessions.

Ushers main fanbase is women, and young teens. That was cool for me back in highschool when cupcaking with girls on the phone was the thing to do..But I'm older now and I just can't listen to his music. It's too teeny bopper. When he starts making music like John Legend or Robin Thicke, then I'll listen to his music again..

Ushers main fanbase is women, and young teens. That was cool for me back in highschool when cupcaking with girls on the phone was the thing to do..But I'm older now and I just can't listen to his music. It's too teeny bopper. When he starts making music like John Legend or Robin Thicke, then I'll listen to his music again..

Did you listen to the album? Do you know how many mature songs there are on the album. Plenty. Would you consider Bobby Brown's second album teeny bopper?

your opinions aren't facts, I'd say Usher has more a male fanbase than Robin Thicke and John Legend (I like both of those artists).

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

Correct guys. The singles did not connect in the way expected so an new idea seems to be used to create a buzz. Which is why "There goes my baby and Lil Freak were released asap. 350k in the first week is amazing considering the album leaked over a month ago. And it will do even better when OMG blows up and it is on its way. Here I Stand did not work as well because Love In The Club was the only MAJOR hit in terms of overall appeal. The other songs were great urban songs. Look at Monica, her single is really not that big in overall appeal, but they are doing great in the urban crowd. Overall appeal doesn't always control sales.
I never understood why Moving Mountains wasn't a bigger single...I still bump that song. I don't even think Moving Mountains was big in the urban market either. That and His Mistakes were two of my favorites from that album. Actually, Here I Stand as a whole still gets spins from me on a regular basis.

As for Usher making mature music, both HIS and RvR have mature content; I don't think your statement (Niketalker23's) could be further from the truth. I just think that the singles he puts out most of the time are more geared toward the younger crowd because that's who buys albums. I actually thought that HIS showed alot of growth in his music and that's probably exactly why it wasn't received very well. However, that's also the reason why I liked the album so much.

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

I never understood why Moving Mountains wasn't a bigger single...I still bump that song. I don't even think Moving Mountains was big in the urban market either. That and His Mistakes were two of my favorites from that album. Actually, Here I Stand as a whole still gets spins from me on a regular basis.

As for Usher making mature music, both HIS and RvR have mature content; I don't think your statement (Niketalker23's) could be further from the truth. I just think that the singles he puts out most of the time are more geared toward the younger crowd because that's who buys albums. I actually thought that HIS showed alot of growth in his music and that's probably exactly why it wasn't received very well. However, that's also the reason why I liked the album so much.
WOMEN buy albums. The younger crowds buy nothing, but the single.

If an artist wants to be taken seriously and have an extensive career, their music has to become mature. I think Usher made a step towards maturing his music so that he could have a career when he's 40, 50, and unfortunately, people were not ready for that. Obviously, his people recognized that he made the move too fast or too suddenly for his general demographic. If they are smart, they are going to slowly make the move again ...

Also, RvR has sexual content; I don't know if I would say mature (excluding 'There Goes My Baby', 'Making Love', 'MvV', and MAYBE 'Foolin' Around') ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

WOMEN buy albums. The younger crowds buy nothing, but the single.

If an artist wants to be taken seriously and have an extensive career, their music has to become mature. I think Usher made a step towards maturing his music so that he could have a career when he's 40, 50, and unfortunately, people were not ready for that. Obviously, his people recognized that he made the move too fast or too suddenly for his general demographic. If they are smart, they are going to slowly make the move again ...

Also, RvR has sexual content; I don't know if I would say mature (excluding 'There Goes My Baby', 'Making Love', 'MvV', and MAYBE 'Foolin' Around') ...
hmmm you have point that would explain why artist such as Brian Mcknight or Joe for example can still make music and get decent sales because of the styles of music their career was based on, where as if usher was to take their approach fans would have mix reactions 

Back
Top Bottom