USPS or UPS, which do you prefer for shipping shoes and why?

I have always used USPS for shipping out shoes, but it can get pretty expensive especially when you have to ship it across the country. I used to just use theregular boxes you buy at a Staples/Office Max, but since they are bigger then the shoebox, the post office charges more, due to the size. I've tried usingsmaller boxes from Uline, but it still seems expensive to me to ship shoes out.

I have never used UPS before, so I was wondering what people's experiences were with UPS for shipping out shoes. Are their costs comparable to USPS ormore expensive? Do they offer comparable shipping times and tracking numbers like USPS priority mail. Am I the only one with this problem? What do the restof you do? Appreciate any responses.

YO! Mayn... I sent a pair to Houston (what's good, homie?). Sat the box up there... lady says $12.03.

She then pulls out the tape measure and enters the box dimensions... $26.30
indifferent.gif

DF!!!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I remember the good old days where you could ship shoes out using USPS for dirt cheap. Now they have these zonesand they have to measure anything that is greater then 12 inches (i think) and charge extra. There has to be a better solution. I don't want to pass thecost off to the buyer and charge $20 plus for shipping. Maybe there is no solution.

I'm in Chicago, to send a pair of shoes to like Cali using priority mail is over $20. How are you guys sending them for like $12-14? Maybe if I ship fromChicago to Indiana or something.

well my seller sent me a pair of kix tuesday w/ tracking and everything and for some reason its still at the post office
indifferent.gif
. so id go with ups

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

well my seller sent me a pair of kix tuesday w/ tracking and everything and for some reason its still at the post office
indifferent.gif
. so id go with
he probably sent it to arrive from 5-7 days so he can pay cheaper. sucks for you.

USPS...wanna know a trick?
I've done the thing where when you get money in PayPal it lets you print out a shipping label. Well you put in the box size and weight and I just put likea really low amount and it costs only a few bucks.
Used to do it a lot but haven't sent shoes in a while. Kinda shady but whatever.....it's a recession..?

USPS ground is slow as %$@!.

You have to worry about your customers which is why i ship soon as possible

with the fastest shipping method

so he can be satisfied. I'm willing to spend a couple more $$$

for the customer. Just my 2 cent.

Originally Posted by jkjordan

I'm in Chicago, to send a pair of shoes to like Cali using priority mail is over $20. How are you guys sending them for like $12-14? Maybe if I ship from Chicago to Indiana or something.

I just printed a shipping label off of Paypal. USPS Priority Mail. Box Size 15x10x10. Weight 3lbs 11oz. And the cost came to $15.00 Shipped TO HAWAII FROMPHILADELPHIA. You must be using big boxes man. They surcharge you for big boxes, so just buy smaller boxes next time. Another thing you can do is if you have alarge box, just cut it down to fit the size of the shoe box perfectly. Just cut down the seems of the box until is has reached the desire height, then make thefolds in the box yourself.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

I've done the thing where when you get money in PayPal it lets you print out a shipping label. Well you put in the box size and weight and I just put like a really low amount and it costs only a few bucks.
Used to do it a lot but haven't sent shoes in a while. Kinda shady but whatever.....it's a recession..?

This sometimes does and doesn't work. Some post offices will measure the box even if it has prepaid postage on it, however some don't. So see whichpost offices do/don't check the dimensions, if you want to use this method.

I got some BMPs off ebay, shipping was $20. He was from Illinois and I was in California, when i got the package the label read $43.90.

I always loved USPS, stemming back to when I sold shoes here on NT in '02-'04. It was always around $10 with USPS Priority and confirmation to anywherein the U.S. Never had a complaint either.

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

I've done the thing where when you get money in PayPal it lets you print out a shipping label. Well you put in the box size and weight and I just put like a really low amount and it costs only a few bucks.

This sometimes does and doesn't work. Some post offices will measure the box even if it has prepaid postage on it, however some don't. So see which post offices do/don't check the dimensions, if you want to use this method.

Damn forgot to mention I did the home pickup, where you set it out and they pick it up for you. (Weren't really expensive shoes). So she just picked it upwhen I was out and about and sends it off, not sure if they weigh it or not but it always worked and was at the only post office in my city.

^^True true. I've never done home pick-up before
Originally Posted by warriors510

I got some BMPs off ebay, shipping was $20. He was from Illinois and I was in California, when i got the package the label read $43.90.

I remember when I shipped CDPs out, that +!@ was expensive because of the weight and size of the box.

USPS is cheaper and faster. I always keep boxes when I order from Nike.com...never have a problem with upcharges because of size.

Back
Top Bottom