UVA Student Has Face Bloodied Outside Bar After Being Arrested For A Fake ID

UVA Student Has Face Bloodied Outside Bar After Being Arrested For A Fake ID

St. Patrick’s Day in Charlottesville turned into a nightmare for third-year UVA student Martese Johnson. UVA’s student newspaper, Cavalierdaily.com, reports that Johnson arrested at 12:41 a.m. on March 18th in front of Trinity Irish Pub near the UVA campus. Via Cavalier Daily:

Johnson was arrested on charges of resisting arrest, obstructing justice without threats of force, and profane swearing or intoxication in public. The arresting officer was Alcohol and Beverage Control special agent J. Miller. Miller noted on the arrest record that Johnson “was very agitated and belligerent but [has] no previous criminal history.” In the course of the arrest, Johnson sustained a head injury requiring 10 stitches. Johnson was held at $1,500 bail with the specification he be released on an unsecured bond when sober. He was released at 6:01 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Getting battered in the head seems a little extreme for using a fake ID, no? A video of the incident went viral, as you can watch above. A student advocacy group called Black Dot also made this horrifying photo public from the incident:
An email from Black Dot, signed by “Concerned Black Students,” said the arrest was unprovoked as Johnson was not resisting questioning or arrest. The email included a photo of Johnson bleeding while being held outside Trinity. “Outside of the doors of Trinity Irish Pub, a mass of University students bore witness to the officer’s animalistic, insensitive, and brute handling of Martese,” the email said. “He was left with his blood splattered on the pavement of University Avenue.” The email asks for a “swift and thorough investigation on the state, local and University levels.”

Johnson is a member of the Honor Committee and Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity. Virginia’s ABC agents, who arrested and beat Johnson, released this statement, via Huffington Post: “The uniformed ABC Agents observed and approached the individual after he was refused entry to a licensed establishment,” Virginia ABC said in a statement. “A determination was made by the agents to further detain the individual based on their observations and further questioning.” ABC officials declined to elaborate. Again… Beating him into a pulp and because his fake was denied? And he wasn’t resisting? WTF, Virginia? According to the Huffington Post, Virginia Govenor Terry McAuliffe on Wednesday asked state police to investigate the arrest.

further reading

http://news.yahoo.com/virginia-gov-calls-investigation-students-arrest-205040028.html

Saw this on my Al-Jazeera app earlier today.

Know dudes who still do this every weekend.

Drove my homies to do this last weekend to get the liq so we could chill at the dorms.

While I understand him getting caught and the whole 9 of that.... Having to beat his ***, for what reason???

Heard about this
Still kills me how everyone around these incidents claim to be outraged
But no one ever helps
Man **** that help dude out
Put the cameras down
Mount up and fight back
Those cops couldn't take everybody

Video starts off to late to even know what went down
I know mane but I'm just posting what they had.

Quote:

Saw this on my Al-Jazeera app earlier today.

Know dudes who still do this every weekend.

Drove my homies to do this last weekend to get the liq so we could chill at the dorms.

While I understand him getting caught and the whole 9 of that.... Having to beat his ***, for what reason???
I'm just glad these beating are getting press. Hopefully some "change" will occur. *cough* black president *cough* obama get it done *cough*
Heard about this
Still kills me how everyone around these incidents claim to be outraged
But no one ever helps
Man **** that help dude out
Put the cameras down
Mount up and fight back
Those cops couldn't take everybody
But they can take some and nobody wants to get it.

DIdnt read the details but You get arrested for fake IDs now? Protocol for most bars/clubs is to just turn them away. Not worth all that effort to file a police report for such a petty "crime"

Last edited:
From what I read this guy wasn't all that great, and they just now released the photo so they could drop the charges.

I read he tried to strong arm his way through the bar after his fake id was taken... most college bars have a college cop car or cop car just cruising down the main road or stationed outside.

Last edited:
DIdnt read the details but You get arrested for fake IDs now? Protocol for most bars/clubs is to just turn them away. Not worth all that effort to file a police report for such a petty "crime"
Fake ID is the same as counter fitting government do umentary or something like that
Which I believe is a felony
They hardly enforce it like that
But can if they wanna be a-holes

From what I read this guy wasn't all that great, and they just now released the photo so they could drop the charges.

I read he tried to tough arm his way through the bar after his fake id was taken... most college bars have a college cop car or cop car just cruising down the main road or stationed outside.
I figured there had to be more to the story than getting arrested for a fake ID. Most bars/clubs either give back or take your fake ID and then turn you away. Nobody is gonna arrest you unless it's a sting operation and they're arresting you and the dealer at a park :lol:

I knew it was more to the story. I read on Twitter from people there about him trying to be a tough guy to the cops

even if he was trying to be a tough guy with the cops, the cops were out of line putting hands on him.

hope he gets paid nicely though.

even if he was trying to be a tough guy with the cops, the cops were out of line putting hands on him.

hope he gets paid nicely though.

Where in that vid did cops put hands on him if anything worst part was knee to the back but that's always happening.

I love how people are trying to justify buddy getting his face beat in over a fake ID.

Acting like a tough guy or not, unless this dude tried to strong arm actual law enforcement, please aware me as to when this became protocol.

Patiently waiting the "he reached for my gun" narrative from law enforcement.....

^ Yes, because emotional is what I am about this. Clearly.

Obviously what I said doesn't apply to you. Fall back, sir.

like shouting that you go to UVA and squirming while you're drunk is pose to help the situation...I wanna know how homie got that gash in his head though. I think the amount of blood threw it off a little bit and made it look like he got his ish pushed in...his face looked fine in his mugshot

He was drunk and clearly hit his head on the floor purposely to make himself look like a victim when in reality he broke the law

I read he tried to strong arm his way through the bar after his fake id was taken... most college bars have a college cop car or cop car just cruising down the main road or stationed outside.

He was drunk and clearly hit his head on the floor purposely to make himself look like a victim when in reality he broke the law

That yahoo comments section knowledge

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom