V.9 Grown Black/Black-Gum Medium Brown

grown-black-1.jpg

grown-black-2.jpg

October Release for $90.

I might be alone here, but I think these are one of the sexiest shoes they've released in quite some time. Sure, not a retro, but that silhouette and just the unique nature of an adult shoe with class and style has really got me. Definitely coppin these if for nothing else, an elegant casual work shoe.

Personally, as a 19 year old, even I like these. They're perfect dress shoes for someone like me.

I might cop if I have extra cash lying around

I hate the state of fashion right now.
indifferent.gif

They def aint dress shoes... And they DEF dont look like Jays!!!

I swear JB is trying to cater to a bunch of idiots with no identity or sense of self.

I mean "Grown" .?.?.   Really?.?.?

"Grown" is a state of mind, not a style of dress.

end rant

I'd scoop them if they were lows.

Jordan brand has been trying to get into the more sophisticated crowd for quite some time now. I had a bunch of stuff from the Two3 collection in my 20's. The "Grown" series is catering to those who have followed the brand from the beginning. These folks, like myself, are in their 30's and up.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

I hate the state of fashion right now.
indifferent.gif

They def aint dress shoes... And they DEF dont look like Jays!!!

I swear JB is trying to cater to a bunch of idiots with no identity or sense of self.

I mean "Grown" .?.?.   Really?.?.?

"Grown" is a state of mind, not a style of dress.

end rant

Actually I'd argue that while grown adults are just that because of their state of mind and maturity, there's a big difference between how teenagers (certainly teens in the JB target market) dress and how adults with college degrees, full-time jobs, etc. dress. And these DEF don't look like Jays? Huh? Clearly the upper silhouette is based on the AJ2. It's a little sleeker though, and minimalist, which personally makes it more appealing than the II (my least favorite of I-XIV).
I'd hope people wouldn't confuse a sneaker for a dress shoe, but for those of us who were kids or teens wearing the OGs, I think this shoe appeals to some of our fashion sensibilities given certain situations. In some social situations as you get older it's less appropriate to be rocking your Jordans, but those same situations may not require a full blown dress shoe. Regardless of your desire to cop these, I think you can agree that this shoe finds that middle ground. Or maybe I just have no self identity.

I like the concept, but I can't imagine these going well with a suit & tie or with khakis and a button up.  With some modifications, I can see the low-top Is being a dress shoe, but the IIs just don't work for that style...

This shoe itself doesn't seem to work for me, maybe its the brown midsole, idk. But it does give me ideas for other Jordan based dress shoes. Let the trend begin!

Has potential. First order of business is to get rid of the wings logo on the sole. Maybe replace the Jumpan with the wings logo on the tongue.

I like the concept, don't like the execution.

They are ok but I personally like the early 2000 jordan boots better.
They were DEDICATED boots vs these, they don't really fit anywhere ... can't wear to work due to the gum sole, wouldn't wear out because they are too "dressy" on the upper.

Now in DEFENSE of the grown there have been a few "chill" colorways, but this isn't a good jump to the V9

I like them a lot. I have the all black V2s and I love them. They clearly aren't formal shoes. These are very nice casual shoes for going to a sophisticated restaurant that doesn't require a jacket ect. I love my growns they go great with jeans or khakis and a nice button-down or sweater. These remind me of the brand on pickyourshoes that has simplified Jordan styles.

wait...full patent..casual shoes..? so i'm assuming JB is adding a formal line to their apparel category. JB tuxedos n +!+$...pass.

The brand is Gourmet. And Jordan said he wants his brand to be like Polo Ralph Lauren.

^^Jordan wanting his brand to be like Polo is absolutely ridiculous...that's never going to work

Back
Top Bottom