*** \V/ N*E*R*D - Seeing Sounds Album Discussion Thread \V/ *** (UPDATED)

I never really was a fan, but I gave this album a listen while doing some homework the other day, and I love it.
tongue.gif
I'm actually gonna purchase it.. whichis saying alot these days..

My favs so far are Anti-Matter, Sooner or Later, Spaz.. hell the whole album bump..

These tracks keep getting repeated all day:

Anti Matter

Spaz

Yeah You

Happy

Lasergun Carrying

Well, I finally gave "Seeing Sounds" a listen. There is no way it is in the same stratosphere as "In Search Of..." but, it TOTALLY trounces"Fly or Die" (which I thought sucked). I've already listened to the album twice, and I've only had it since around 1pm today. IMO, "YeahYou" and "Kill Joy" are some of the best pieces of work that NERD has EVER put out. Overall, I'd give the album a solid 4/5. It's gotwonderful replay value.

*As far as "Fly or Die," I just couldn't get into it. There are a couple tracks that I like on the album, but I have never listened to the wholething more than once. The bar was set so high with "In Search Of.." that I thought that their sophomore LP was a total disaster in comparison to whatthey had previously put out.

In Search Of 5/5

Fly Or Die 2/5

Seeing Sounds 4/5

Okay, so i never listen to N.E.R.D before, i knew who they were, but i really didn't know who they were if you know what i'm saying. I knew Pharrellwas in it and thats about it. So i gave this album a listen and it's actually not that bad IMO. I was never a fan of their music in the past since it'snot really hip-hop or rap, but this is something i could listen too.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Well, I finally gave "Seeing Sounds" a listen. There is no way it is in the same stratosphere as "In Search Of..." but, it TOTALLY trounces "Fly or Die" (which I thought sucked). I've already listened to the album twice, and I've only had it since around 1pm today. IMO, "Yeah You" and "Kill Joy" are some of the best pieces of work that NERD has EVER put out. Overall, I'd give the album a solid 4/5. It's got wonderful replay value.

*As far as "Fly or Die," I just couldn't get into it. There are a couple tracks that I like on the album, but I have never listened to the whole thing more than once. The bar was set so high with "In Search Of.." that I thought that their sophomore LP was a total disaster in comparison to what they had previously put out.

In Search Of 5/5

Fly Or Die 2/5

Seeing Sounds 4/5

tired.gif

There is no way it is in the same stratosphere as "In Search Of..." but, it TOTALLY trounces "Fly or Die" (which I thought sucked)....
but I have never listened to the whole thing more than once.

In Search Of 5/5
Fly Or Die 2/5
Seeing Sounds 4/5

I officially disagree with any opinion you have... period.

In Search Of... was a great album, but it wasn't flawless, and you're giving it WAY too much praise.

I won't argue though, as stated, you have your own opinion and I totally don't agree with it.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

There is no way it is in the same stratosphere as "In Search Of..." but, it TOTALLY trounces "Fly or Die" (which I thought sucked)....
but I have never listened to the whole thing more than once.

In Search Of 5/5
Fly Or Die 2/5
Seeing Sounds 4/5

I officially disagree with any opinion you have... period.

In Search Of... was a great album, but it wasn't flawless, and you're giving it WAY too much praise.

I won't argue though, as stated, you have your own opinion and I totally don't agree with it.

yeah. in search of was great, but fly or die wasnt that bad. a lil too biased much?

all 3 albums are great, and fly or die is definitely more than a 2
smh.gif

but hey, its your opinion.

MY GOD! sooner or later has to be my favorite track on the album the part where the beast changes ITS OVER! LEAVE IT!
pimp.gif

This album is still growing on me, and I enjoyed it from the first listen. They're production style is so unique it's hard at least not to appreciateit really...

Back
Top Bottom