VA Heads: Dealership Selling Dodge/Chrysler Vehicles For The Low Vol Cop That Charger

-- The clock is ticking for Ray O'Bryhim: he has less than a week to sell his last 40 cars.
art.leesburg.cnn.jpg

This Virginia dealership cannot legally sell any new Chryslers, Dodges or Jeeps after June 9.

His ads for Pohanka Chrysler-Dodge scream, "Everything must go, regardless of profit!"

On June 9, his franchise to sell new Chryslers and Dodges will be terminated, along with those of almost 800 other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealers nationwide. This comes as a result of Chrysler's announcement last month that they would shrink their dealer base in the United States.

O'Bryhim cannot legally sell any new cars he has left after June 9 -- and because the manufacturer is in bankruptcy protection it isn't obligated to take them back.

A customer comes out of his showroom with the keys in her hand for a new Dodge Nitro SUV she just bought. She won't give her name, because she took the day off work to pounce on the discount. But she says she has been monitoring new-car prices for months, and they just took a steep dive, so she came in and made off like a bandit.

O'Bryhim points to a new Nitro he has discounted 40% off the sticker: $17,510 instead of the MSRP of $29,170. Soon, he says, he may mark it down even further.

"As we get closer to June 9," he says, "we're going to have to do what we have to do to move these cars."
video.gif
Watch how dealerships are making record price cuts »

His salesmen have sold 80 cars in the 19 days since their termination letter arrived, with the cars and minivans selling faster than the trucks.

Nationwide, Chrysler's terminated dealers had about 44,000 cars sitting on their lots when they got their notifications May 14. Chrysler spokeswoman Kathy Graham says the company plans to help redistribute any leftover inventory to the 2,400 surviving dealers, who could otherwise run low while factories are idled.

"Our manufacturing facilities have been shut down since May 1," she said. "We have dealers that are looking for inventory."

Down the street at Dulles Motor Cars, Hamid and Kevin Saghafi have sold off about half their $1.5 million inventory of Jeeps.

Hamid says they are "taking a beating," asking $10,000 less than the invoice price for high-end models like the Jeep Commander. But he still worries they won't be able to sell them all in time.

[h4]Don't Miss[/h4]
"Chrysler has told us they're going to help us send these cars to other dealers' inventories," he says. "But we don't know what kind of prices we're going to be offered."

The affected dealerships are not only furiously trying to sell off their inventory; at the same time, they are trying to figure out what they will do once they stop selling new Chryslers, and how they can save the jobs of their employees. Pohanka will focus on service and used-car sales, or maybe switch to another brand; Dulles will focus on the two other brands they already sell, Subaru and Kia.

How much do the Saghafi brothers stand to lose in shutting their Jeep showroom?
"Millions," says Kevin.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Imagine Charger or Challenger SRT's being sold below retail by 14-15K,

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Man where in va is this at I'm bout to say !%*+ it and get my dad to cop me an SRT
Word.

Saltiness at its finest, bo I'm coppin chargers like it don't make sense
laugh.gif
my parents don't buy me anything I'm in the military.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Pohanka Chrysler Dodge GEM
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]219 Catocin Circle SE
Leesburg VA 20175[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tel : 888-285-6744[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Email: robryhim@pohankaleesburg.dealercrm.com [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
cropped_1223569806375ray.png
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ray O Bryhim[/td] [/tr][tr][td]General Manager[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

sweet if i find a dealership that sells chargers at a discount im talking 14k-15k im trading in my 2000 mustang heheh and coping a charger

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Any challengers were the first to go...Broad street gonna be swamped with chryslers
you aint lying....dont even talk about friday/saturday nights
laugh.gif

I was wrong, they got one left

sb_1sort_by.gif

sb_top_bar_right_end.gif

1 Vehicles currently match your selection, displaying 1 to 1

Page 1 of 1

sb_previous_soft.gif
sb_next_soft.gif

sb_per_page.gif

sb_narrow_results.gif

- Any Make - Chrysler Dodge - Any Model - Avenger Caliber Challenger Charger Dakota Grand Caravan Journey Ram 1500 Ram 2500 Ram 3500 - Any Trim - R/T - Any Body Type - Coupe

Stock Photo

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Transmission:
Exterior color: Stone White
Engine cylinders: 8
VIN # 2B3LJ54T79H603663
Stock # G9H603663
camera_1.gif

MSRP:

$38,170

0003.jpg

1 Vehicles currently match your selection, displaying 1 to 1

Page 1 of 1

sb_previous_soft.gif

hmmmm... another option in my car hunt...

i also heard from m3post that 08 M3's are approx 15k off the MSRP too
nerd.gif

i wonder how much challengers are going to go for. The dodge dealer near me (im in socal) has closed down. With no hook ups.

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Any challengers were the first to go...Broad street gonna be swamped with chryslers
you aint lying....dont even talk about friday/saturday nights
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
friday/saturday parked at HESS and New York Fried Chicken

Back
Top Bottom