Vans Vault x MLB Washington Nationals Authentic LX for Commonwealth

vans-vault-washington-authentic-lx-mlb-front.jpg
vans-vault-washington-authentic-lx-mlb-1-540x375.jpg

Vans and Major LeagueBaseball have announced the next shoe and jersey combo in the OpeningDay Collection, an Authentic LX and limited edition Majestic AuthenticJersey that will go on sale April 5 only at Commonwealth in Washington,DC. Just 12 pairs of the Vault by Vans shoes and matching jersey havebeen created as Vans helps to mark Nationals’ home opener when theyface the Philadelphia Phillies later that day.

Commonwealth
1781 Florida Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20009
(202) 265-1830

Cmonbeeazy wrote:
Just 12 pairs of the Vault by Vans shoes and matching jersey have been created as Vans helps to mark Nationals’ home opener when they face the Philadelphia Phillies later that day.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Cmonbeeazy wrote:
Just 12 pairs of the Vault by Vans shoes and matching jersey have been created as Vans helps to mark Nationals’ home opener when they face the Philadelphia Phillies later that day.

laugh.gif

I like the kicks... but ain't no way I'm going to break an arm trying to get one of those 12 pairs...

absolutely agree. was kinda holding out hope for a baltimore/maryland based shop to get an o's version. but not only are they sk8-hi's which i personally don't mess with, but they're being sold in norfolk?! virginia?! no thanks. would it have been so terrible or difficult to have these sold through official team stores at the stadium on opening day? oh well.

also for what it's worth, the boston package is retailing for $400. i'm assuming most other packs are around the same. i was thinking $200 tops. i know M&N gets pricey but does a majestic jersey really cost that much? cuz it sure ain't the shoes carrying that price. crazy.

$400?! An authentic Majestic goes for around 200, no way you can justify a pair of Eras or Chukkas for another 2.

Originally Posted by ixlostxtomorrow

gentei having a vault account just makes this even funnier

from commonwealth's site -

So Baltimore, don't fret your shoe dropped in Virginia, if it didn't, it probably wouldn't exist.

indifferent.gif

All respect I had for commonwealth is gone.....

* To clarify, Shop Gentei is a Vans skate, syndicate, and classics account.  Which is why they did not do the Orioles package.  Oliver is one of our good homies, as we have worked with Shop Gentei in the past multiple times and have the upmost respect for them.  If you think we "stole" this from them in some kind of way we did not.  Vans would not have skipped over a Baltimore store if they were a Vault account.  When Vans came to us about the idea, they did not want Baltimore left out, and we figured people would be more upset to not see their team represented.  We picked them up for the Norfolk store as well because the Norfolk Tides are the farm team for the Orioles.  

Still not sure how" %*%# IS DIRESPECTFUL...

NOT CUZ I WANT THE SHOE,JUST THE GENERAL PRINCIPAL OF THE MATTER"
? (If you want to clarify please feel free)

If you have lost all respect due to that, fair enough.

By principal he means that a Baltimore shoe that is released in limited quantities is only available at a store that's 5 hours away.

I personally think its a weird execution of brand mixing. Vans and Baseball aren't exactly synonymous with each other.

With that said.

As a frequent Cmon fitted buyer I say yall tell Omar to get crackin on those New Eras for spring/summer.

Gracias.

My-T.

Originally Posted by hct1bqhaf

* To clarify, Shop Gentei is a Vans skate, syndicate, and classics account.  Which is why they did not do the Orioles package.  Oliver is one of our good homies, as we have worked with Shop Gentei in the past multiple times and have the upmost respect for them.  If you think we "stole" this from them in some kind of way we did not.  Vans would not have skipped over a Baltimore store if they were a Vault account.  When Vans came to us about the idea, they did not want Baltimore left out, and we figured people would be more upset to not see their team represented.  We picked them up for the Norfolk store as well because the Norfolk Tides are the farm team for the Orioles.  

Still not sure how" %*%# IS DIRESPECTFUL...

NOT CUZ I WANT THE SHOE,JUST THE GENERAL PRINCIPAL OF THE MATTER"
? (If you want to clarify please feel free)

If you have lost all respect due to that, fair enough.

THE SHOE SHOULD BE RELEASED IN BALTIMORE!!
Norfolk Tides Ain't The Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Farm system or not..

No one from Bmore drives 5 hours to go see the tides play...

every other shoe is being released in THEIR CITY except the Bmore shoe 
tired.gif

HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THE WACKNESS IN THAT?

That is the general principal...

And I never said you stole anything

I simply said Oliver got jerked

as for the disrespect....

the quote that was posted from your site..I felt was disrepsect

If ya'll didnt get the shoe it wouldnt have existed?

O'rly?

smh.gif

you are one of the better stores...

but I can't/won't honor that

bingo. has nothing to do with WHO got it. has everything to do with WHERE. if this pack came to baltimore where it belongs, i may have actually bit the bullet on it and grabbed a pair. but if i'm driving 4-5 hours to support my hometeam, it's to go see them play in another stadium, not to leave the state for some vans and a jersey. have to admit i'm feeling the new era though.

Back
Top Bottom