Vaping is killin’ em??

This only for e-cigs right, not the weed pens?

I'm worried because my girl and brother uses that.

Bet all those kids who thought they were cool with their Juuls regret it now

article doesn't specify what kind of vaping the victim was doing, mentions that it might've been a marijuana vape that contains vitamin E that caused the issue..

article doesn't provide any facts, just speculations.

This only for e-cigs right, not the weed pens?

I'm worried because my girl and brother uses that.

from the article:

"Kansas officials said they do not have detailed information on what types of products were used by the patient."

"The national investigation has not identified any specific vaping or e-cigarette products linked to all cases. Many patients report using vaping or e-cigarette products with liquids that contain cannabinoid products, such as THC, the active ingredient in marijuana that produces the high."

"One potential lead is the oil derived from vitamin E, known as vitamin E acetate. Investigators at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found the oil in cannabis products in samples collected from patients who fell ill across the United States. That same chemical was also found in nearly all cannabis samples from patients who fell ill in New York in recent weeks, a state health department spokeswoman said."

I know for a fact there are a lot of fake cartridges out on the market

Lots of garbage. I own a cannabis vape company and our product is clean and uncut so this news doesn’t concern me much. Actually this has boosted my business because we’ve always been transparent and upheld the highest industry standards so we are a reputable brand. However, my customers have brought me carts to get tested before and I’ve seen king pens and Mario carts with only ~40% THC. Legit stuff tests out 70-85% on average.

This doesn’t surprise it was only a matter of time before someone got sick. People literally smoking poison out here.

If you don’t personally know who made the cartridge or didn’t get it from a dispensary (even then) I wouldn’t trust it.

Lots of garbage. I own a cannabis vape company and our product is clean and uncut so this news doesn’t concern me much. Actually this has boosted my business because we’ve always been transparent and upheld the highest industry standards so we are a reputable brand. However, my customers have brought me carts to get tested before and I’ve seen king pens and Mario carts with only ~40% THC. Legit stuff tests out 70-85% on average.

This doesn’t surprise it was only a matter of time before someone got sick. People literally smoking poison out here.

If you don’t personally know who made the cartridge or didn’t get it from a dispensary (even then) I wouldn’t trust it.
What state you in? Wassup w/ some NT love :wink:
Carts are starting to because the standard imo
Alot of partys I go to I only see the real stoners rolling up and everyone else is passing diffrent flavor carts.
I prefer to roll up a nice joint myself
Cant regulate something that isn't supposed to be circulated

Sp you're saying that dispensaries are guaranteed to be legit?

No way. Not even close
As someone who used to be a habitual smoker for years, vapes are not comparable to cigarette smoke

I’m only speaking as someone who doesn’t smoke cigs or e-cigs. Regular cigarettes definitely smell worse and the smoke is nastier but at least most of them know it and usually do it away from everybody. E-cigarette smokers seem to just vape wherever they want and constantly blow their smoke all over the place. It seems I’m walking into that **** at least once a day.

I’m only speaking as someone who doesn’t smoke cigs or e-cigs. Regular cigarettes definitely smell worse and the smoke is nastier but at least most of them know it and usually do it away from everybody. E-cigarette smokers seem to just vape wherever they want and constantly blow their smoke all over the place. It seems I’m walking into that **** at least once a day.
oh ok i feel you on that... people are straight up disrespectful with the vape
one cat was trying to use one inside the childrens hospital i work at :smh:

Sp you're saying that dispensaries are guaranteed to be legit?

I’m saying dispensaries are NOT guaranteed to be legit. I’ve seen/tried boof carts from dispensaries coast to coast both medical and rec. I won’t even try other stuff any more unless I know who made it and from what.

Vaping just as annoying as regular tobacco smoke.
gotta disagree. don’t even smoke but i’d way prefer someone vaping with some creme brûlée or raspberry bull**** flavor instead of someone smoking a cigarette around me.

cigarette smoke is a one way ticket to headacheville for me

I don't mind vaping THC, it's quick, clean and discrete. We're medical here so I get the card from the medical spots, it's expensive but you know what you're getting.

Flower is still the best, but that's more if I'm chilling with friends. Not much a joint/blunt smoker anymore.

I’m saying dispensaries are NOT guaranteed to be legit. I’ve seen/tried boof carts from dispensaries coast to coast both medical and rec. I won’t even try other stuff any more unless I know who made it and from what.
Damn, well I'm sure they'll put laws in place soon after this mess gets sorted out. All the ingredients needs to get disclosed on the package, just like food.

gotta disagree. don’t even smoke but i’d way prefer someone vaping with some creme brûlée or raspberry bull**** flavor instead of someone smoking a cigarette around me.

cigarette smoke is a one way ticket to headacheville for me

I don’t want any smoke I didn’t personally create around my face.

from the article:

"Kansas officials said they do not have detailed information on what types of products were used by the patient."

"The national investigation has not identified any specific vaping or e-cigarette products linked to all cases. Many patients report using vaping or e-cigarette products with liquids that contain cannabinoid products, such as THC, the active ingredient in marijuana that produces the high."

"One potential lead is the oil derived from vitamin E, known as vitamin E acetate. Investigators at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found the oil in cannabis products in samples collected from patients who fell ill across the United States. That same chemical was also found in nearly all cannabis samples from patients who fell ill in New York in recent weeks, a state health department spokeswoman said."

This is the big problem. Some dispenseries can stock fakes and not even know it. Only sure way to know is by testing.
Also not surprised that there are incidients happening in NY. When you live in a non-legal state it’s nearly impossible to get a product from a source that can certify it’s legit and clean. Most of the fake carts hit these markets

Back
Top Bottom