VC NIKE SHOX BB4 *UPDATE PG.21* RD 9/20 $160

Monkey paw are in the 2019 BB4 retros
Screenshot_20190814-000626.png
I can’t find these anywhere not even eBay! Damn I’m so mad I missed out on the silver black pair

So is it the black/silver next week or is it the Raptors? Or is it both?

I have zero interest in the Raptors unless they are sub 100.

8884FE9E-AFA8-4719-B3EA-B794125BBECB.jpeg
F6E91301-BBAA-4216-B024-95F23727FEB6.jpeg
97F982A0-093D-45B3-86F7-E05F1B589B1E.jpeg
So I think I figured out what looks so off to me about this retro...besides the lack of definition in the side paneling...

Tried to circle it in these screenshots:
In the raptors BB4 pic you can see the paneling extends at a wider angle than the line that was defined with the sole. The paneling is now parallel with the lacing/tongue & it wasn’t that way initially...and I don’t like it at all.

The pic with the IDs has a much better shape & looking at the different pics on one page just made me realize it...and that stretched out on foot pic cemented my dead excitement for this retro.

I’ll check them out in person to see if I can get some of that love back for a lot less, but I hate when they do that to retros. They basically killed the aesthetic the original designer had in mind to make the shoe flow well

Last edited:
8884FE9E-AFA8-4719-B3EA-B794125BBECB.jpeg
F6E91301-BBAA-4216-B024-95F23727FEB6.jpeg
97F982A0-093D-45B3-86F7-E05F1B589B1E.jpeg
So I think I figured out what looks so off to me about this retro...besides the lack of definition in the side paneling...

Tried to circle it in these screenshots:
In the raptors BB4 pic you can see the paneling extends at a wider angle than the line that was defined with the sole. The paneling is now parallel with the lacing/tongue & it wasn’t that way initially...and I don’t like it at all.

The pic with the IDs has a much better shape & looking at the different pics on one page just made me realize it...and that stretched out on foot pic cemented my dead excitement for this retro.

I’ll check them out in person to see if I can get some of that love back for a lot less, but I hate when they do that to retros. They basically killed the aesthetic the original designer had in mind to make the shoe flow well

I see it, that’s gonna drive me ****in crazy

People talk alot. No one actually acts upon it.

Peep the Zoom GP thread. They beg for years for a shoe to drop. It drops. No one buys. *rinse* *repeat*

Real talk! In recent times, the only Nike 90's retro Bball shoe where people really acted upon the nostalgia were the More Uptempo (especially Blk/Wht and Olympics) and Zoom Flight '98 (Glove) had a hot minute back in 2013. But in general, Pippen 1 (except maybe White/Blk/Red), Zoom GP, Max2 Uptempo '94, Uptempo '95, Zoom Flight '95 & '96, Uptempo '97, etc have all sat.

Real talk! In recent times, the only Nike 90's retro Bball shoe where people really acted upon the nostalgia were the More Uptempo (especially Blk/Wht and Olympics) and Zoom Flight '98 (Glove) had a hot minute back in 2013. But in general, Pippen 1 (except maybe White/Blk/Red), Zoom GP, Max2 Uptempo '94, Uptempo '95, Zoom Flight '95 & '96, Uptempo '97, etc have all sat.
Nike should do what Adidas been doing and re-release popular late models with updated tech, zoom turbine with zoom turbo or react flight 2k3 something ya know?

Nike should do what Adidas been doing and re-release popular late models with updated tech, zoom turbine with zoom turbo or react flight 2k3 something ya know?

They tried that with the Kobe 4 and ****ed it all up.

I don’t trust Nike with anything

Don't think that would work. The OG heads want everything OG, they don't want to see any changes. In my opinion that would shy OG heads away from buying them, this may work for people who really weren't familiar with a specific model to begin with but likes the shoe (newer generation).

Back
Top Bottom