vegetarian/vegan thanksgiving?

last year i kindof just did the side dish thing but this year me the wife and baby are gunna do our own vegan thanksgiving...
any suggestions or thoughts on this?
anyone do this before?

laugh.gif
no.

Still thinking about what I want to do. Think I want to try my hand at Jollof rice, sweet potato(or apple) pie from scratch among some other things. Think I'll leave tofu out this year but that seems weird.

the thought of a vegan thanksgiving literally pisses me off.

thats a literal slap in the face to my favorite holiday.

i kinda wanna just mute you now.

a vegan thanksgiving with no turkey smh... im guessing your wife doesn't like meat huh....
grin.gif

im sorry, i had to come back to this thread. im just in straight disbelief. you're trollin right??

gotta be trollin.

i was thinking the same thing about leaving the tofu out of it..
was leaning more towards just fresh from scratch vegetable dishes and i made a decent pumpkin pie last month that i can pull off ten times better for thanksgiving
im definitely dooing a collard green dish and a type of stuffing
sweet potato mash or a sweet baked potato type of thing
other than that im drawing a blank

literally pisses you off?

LITERALLY?

There's a product called Field Roast, or Celebration Roast for the holidays, that have become popular. I had the Smoked Apple sausage and it was delicious. This could be the focal point og your meal. Sides are all veggies anyway until people ruin them with dairy.

Field-Roast-Grain-Meat-Sausages.png
FieldRoastLG.jpg

im just gunna let the veggies do the talking
maybe il try that celebration roast before hand? just out of curiousity

i had tempeh baccon for the first time today and it was so soo

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

Do you live near a Whole Foods? They have a vegan thanksgiving catering menu and sometimes you can buy some of those dishes in their deli section. You could probably just ask to try some. If not, I've seen people actually take a whole product home for free because it's company policy they allow you to try something for free if you ask.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

Do you live near a Whole Foods? They have a vegan thanksgiving catering menu and sometimes you can buy some of those dishes in their deli section. You could probably just ask to try some. If not, I've seen people actually take a whole product home for free because it's company policy they allow you to try something for free if you ask.
i do alot of shopping at whole foods... how valid is this try it for free statement???
pimp.gif

i got a bag of vegan stuffing i think the brand was 365 or something and it was the most "buttery" tasting thing ive had in a long time it was delicious

incorporate quinoa someway. how about fabricate a turkey cast, and then bake a vegan turkey shell?? hmm never thought about a turkeyless giving, but i enjoy vegan stuff with my meat. quinoa is always my go to base when i donnt have meat. use some legumes possibly? squash corn chile? mashed pots. those orange potatoes. kale . and beer beer is vegan

I do have about a pound of quinoa chillin in the cabinet
nerd.gif

I'm not sure how to cook it so I never used it.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

There's a product called Field Roast, or Celebration Roast for the holidays, that have become popular. I had the Smoked Apple sausage and it was delicious. This could be the focal point og your meal. Sides are all veggies anyway until people ruin them with dairy.

Field-Roast-Grain-Meat-Sausages.png
FieldRoastLG.jpg
so i had the celebration roast... it was butternut squash and apples or something
tasted like straight pork chop or pork katsu... im not a fan of the fake meatsss but this stuff was spot on
smokin.gif

My gf's uncle's new GF. (bit much, i know) is vegan and they have only been dating about 4 months. Anyway she told him the smell of turkey makes her queasy/light headed. So he lied to everyone and said he was staying home because he had work early. (he's a nurse) Anyway, she told him she'd suck it up and make him a turkey. Fast forward, she made him a vegan turkey loaf thing. So he told her he was running out to get more wine. (What liquor store is open at 4pm on thanksgiving). Anyway this dude comes running in the house, destroys two plates of food, asks my gf's mom(his sister) for a to-go plate, and goes "Do you think it's cold enough to leave this in my car?" My gf's 8yr old girl cousin, tells him to man up and bring it in. Mess was too funny.

Sorry for the threadjack. Question, if a vegetable was fertilized with animal manure based product, is it no longer vegan?

Back
Top Bottom