Verizon iPhone Launch Vol. Mass Hysteria

most people ordered one that wanted it. Come to think of it I've never actually got a phone from the verizon store
Always ordered it

most people ordered one that wanted it. Come to think of it I've never actually got a phone from the verizon store
Always ordered it

I work for verizon. Had to work at 6am to 830pm. They expected 100s of people to line up in the morning. i got there and only 12 people in line. Double owned.

I work for verizon. Had to work at 6am to 830pm. They expected 100s of people to line up in the morning. i got there and only 12 people in line. Double owned.

Originally Posted by Kramer

laugh.gif
at the entourage of employees for one person to walk in

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

thats 40 more people than have ever showed up for a droid launch so take that.

Yes because big time launches is where it's all at
laugh.gif
. Most products or companies just release items and that's that. You know the day. You show up and be done with it. Apple and some of it's fans remind me of that attention 'seeker' you see at events or parties who has to announce they are in the building and "present". I guess it all started with Apples and Job's streaming those conferences announcing stuff. They created that "hype" big event appeal. When in reality, it's just not that serious for 95% of products out there... You ever wait in line for the latest canon SLR lenses or camera body? You ever hear or see Canon put on this big show? Maybe consumers are smartening up and these sad "releases" are a nice reality check for them

Yes because big time launches is where it's all at
laugh.gif
. Most products or companies just release items and that's that. You know the day. You show up and be done with it. Apple and some of it's fans remind me of that attention 'seeker' you see at events or parties who has to announce they are in the building and "present". I guess it all started with Apples and Job's streaming those conferences announcing stuff. They created that "hype" big event appeal. When in reality, it's just not that serious for 95% of products out there... You ever wait in line for the latest canon SLR lenses or camera body? You ever hear or see Canon put on this big show? Maybe consumers are smartening up and these sad "releases" are a nice reality check for them

stupid verizon... always calling me, we been together for 4 years. whats $150 amongst friends...

stupid verizon... always calling me, we been together for 4 years. whats $150 amongst friends...

[h1]Verizon iPhone: Do Believe the Hype[/h1]

Yes, for New Yorkers this IS the Jesusphone.  The fabled Verizon iPhone will now be taking over Manhattan this year like tapas restaurants started taking over (inexplicably) in 2004 - which, I mean, really, what's the appeal of "small plates"?  I'm hungry, why would I be excited about small plates?  Oh yeah, 'cause you can get a lot of small plates, fine I get it now...

From the New York Post:
Verizon Wireless said Friday that it ceased online advance orders for the Apple iPhone 4 after its launch day marked the most successful first-day sales in the company's history.

Verizon, the top US carrier, offered its existing customers the chance to preorder the iPhone on its website ahead of the official launch in stores Feb. 10.

"This was an exciting day. In just our first two hours, we had already sold more phones than any first-day launch in our history," Verizon Wireless president and CEO Dan Mead said. "And, when you consider these initial orders were placed between the hours of 3:00am and 5:00am [local time], it is an incredible success story."

Sorry BlackBerry, go make your peace with whatever Canadian god you pray to when your charge is running low.

[h1]Verizon iPhone: Do Believe the Hype[/h1]

Yes, for New Yorkers this IS the Jesusphone.  The fabled Verizon iPhone will now be taking over Manhattan this year like tapas restaurants started taking over (inexplicably) in 2004 - which, I mean, really, what's the appeal of "small plates"?  I'm hungry, why would I be excited about small plates?  Oh yeah, 'cause you can get a lot of small plates, fine I get it now...

From the New York Post:
Verizon Wireless said Friday that it ceased online advance orders for the Apple iPhone 4 after its launch day marked the most successful first-day sales in the company's history.

Verizon, the top US carrier, offered its existing customers the chance to preorder the iPhone on its website ahead of the official launch in stores Feb. 10.

"This was an exciting day. In just our first two hours, we had already sold more phones than any first-day launch in our history," Verizon Wireless president and CEO Dan Mead said. "And, when you consider these initial orders were placed between the hours of 3:00am and 5:00am [local time], it is an incredible success story."

Sorry BlackBerry, go make your peace with whatever Canadian god you pray to when your charge is running low.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

wrong.

Take into account that the Verizon iphone hype has been brewing for at least two years now. With all these "the time has finally come" spots att and Verizon has paid for on television they expected WAY MORE on launch day. Look at all those people working they expected it to be doorbusters out there
laugh.gif
dude, you do know half the country already owns the iphone so i dont get it what your saying.

Back
Top Bottom