Video games Host advantage breakdown. Vol: I seen him first.

90% of this is total crap.

I'd break it down from a developer perspective but in reality most of it will come out as over technical jargon. I also have to be up in 3 hours
grin.gif

This guy is an idiot and knows nothing about latency compensating methods, client-server in game protocol, network development, rendering, game loops, or math.

EDIT:

This video does a great visual job in showing some fallacies about resolution in F1st's original video.

Verizon FiOS 20d/10u FTW.

It's common knowledge that being host in any COD with a great upload rate and low pings means you killin dudes silly. When I switch from Verizon DSL to FiOS, my download/upload increased by 7x and my ping went from 50 to 9.

I'm not sure about all that angle / degree jazz though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It's common knowledge that being host in any COD with a great upload rate and low pings means you killin dudes silly. When I switch from Verizon DSL to FiOS, my download/upload increased by 7x and my ping went from 50 to 9.

laugh.gif

Where can I test my speed?

I saw that first video. F1stacuffs is a cool dude but sometimes this guy be talkin out his +**. When it comes to COD, connection is king, simple as that.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

laugh.gif

speedtest.net
ping.net

laugh.gif

http://speedtest.net/

My speed came in a 21-Down and 5-Up. My damn ping is 53 though which comparing to Boosts numbers, its pretty high.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

I saw that first video. F1stacuffs is a cool dude but sometimes this guy be talkin out his +**. When it comes to COD, connection is king, simple as that.

-The Juice
WORD! F1st has his moments but i watched this like #!# are you talking about? He always preaches to play for fun but then he himself complicates the game so much... Dude was way in over his head.. 

Originally Posted by RKO2004

laugh.gif

My speed came in a 21-Down and 5-Up. My damn ping is 53 though which comparing to Boosts numbers, its pretty high.
grin.gif
Oh !@%! son, that's high as hell. Just checked mine:
45461421.png

When it comes to COD, connection is king, simple as that.

Sadly true.

My damn ping is in the 250-500s.
indifferent.gif
About 50-+%% at 4am.

Internet here is a #%&*ing joke.
This was lunch time here (around a 12-hour time difference from EST) the other day.
eyes.gif

205963_10150272659423736_593738735_7777693_5817383_n.jpg

Worst one I've experienced so far.
mad.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

207295_10150160996928736_593738735_6785748_3647164_n.jpg

grin.gif
Oh !@%! son, that's high as hell. Just checked mine:
45461421.png
eek.gif
Time Warner has a new "Wide-band" service. Should I bite
nerd.gif

Up to 50 Download but no mention of Upload.

21 down 5 up? How much are you bros paying for internet and cable (or your parents, if you live at home)? And what service are you under?

-The Juice

one game that lets you see host advantage in all of its glory is Gears Of War one and two
sick.gif

i cant believe people defend that MP trash

eek.gif
Time Warner has a new "Wide-band" service. Should I bite
nerd.gif

Up to 50 Download but no mention of Upload.

do some research on dslreports.com. i have time warner and sometimes

you get weird ping spikes or slow download speeds, and if you call a tech to check it out they show up a week later and cant find way thing wrong.

im not gonna do the test im fully aware my stats is like 1d .5 u pin in the 150s
also RKO do all your COD related material need their own thread fam

when i made the jump to fios my bullets actually started hitting people. actually made black ops kinda playable game is still terrible though

Back
Top Bottom