Video: Jason Mayden On Jordan Brand, Fusions, Infrared Pack, True Blues, and More

great info. i wish he was able to touch more on some things but it is what it is.. he kind of scared me when he said he didnt know anything about the jordan vi pack but hopefully it will release anyway. but what he said at the end was very inspirational to me as a sneakerhead. im always behind the computer im trying to be the one behind the shoes in a way but great vide TSG!

Great video, very informative.

Definitely answered a lot of my questions about the brand.

That answered alot of things about JB, thanks for posting

I'm hopeful for future products after he said they're moving away from fusions
pimp.gif
 and towards more original designs

This is a pretty dope video. Mayden is very inspirational. Makes me want to go back and get my masters degree now.

5:14. The mythical Infrared Pack is brought up. Mayden hasn't seen it and doesn't know anything about it. There you have it. It ain't coming out folks. Let the false hype rest in peace already.
smh.gif

FUSIONS ARE FINISHED!!!!!!!
Thats great news. My only concern is what they might replace them with.
If there is something worse than fusions, I have no doubt that JB can find it
Thanks for the post BTW

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

This is a pretty dope video. Mayden is very inspirational. Makes me want to go back and get my masters degree now.

5:14. The mythical Infrared Pack is brought up. Mayden hasn't seen it and doesn't know anything about it. There you have it. It ain't coming out folks. Let the false hype rest in peace already.
smh.gif
he also says something like "you can take it as me playing the role".  wich makes it sound like he's just not able to say yes or no.  i could care less either way.

Some of you would buy into that. Do you knonw the length that Apple Inc. Goes through to keep their products top secret?

Of course he probably gonna say he doesn't know what the infrared pack is so he don't spoil the surprise and JB knows it is probably the most anticipated shoe of 2010.

Meh, still a BS excuse for the Nike Air imo.

I'm not complaining because I'm willing to search and pay reasonable prices for those older retros but it's still nonsense.

If they felt that way, why did/do they put NIKE on the back of the 2004 Retro IIs, even the non OG retro II cws.... The 2010 release will have NIKE as well.

Great dude and great interview and to all those who has been wondering why Jordan brand don't use Nike air on the back there you have it he said they don't use it because they don't want to devalue the OG's and older retros

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Great dude and great interview and to all those who has been wondering why Jordan brand don't use Nike air on the back there you have it he said they don't use it because they don't want to devalue the OG's and older retros

also, they want to distinguish themselves as their own brand. That's why they use the Jumpman over the Nike Air. Regardless, they will always be under Nike Inc. that's just my opinion on that matter.

^ If you don't wear fusions why do you care if they stopped making them ? smh i don't wear fusion either but i just don't understand why people bash them so much especially if you don't buy them do you care that much about what other people wear

Dude sounded mad cool @ the end, he didn't really say much I haven't heard before on Nt. Glad there deading those fusions, but they were a good business move nonetheless. I think in da next 5-10 years we'll see Nike air again, cuz by then any retro that had Nike air will be to old to be worn. People would just selling da few left to eachother back n forth
laugh.gif
. Like some brotherhood of da traveling jordans.

I don't care what other people wear, but to me fusions are disrespect to the Air Jordan line I-XX3 just a crappy looking shoe that rips off some of what makes Air Jordan's what they are. And when I hear they are going to stop making them I get happy
happy.gif
 I bash fusions because I hate them. I don't bash the people only the shoe I don't care if someone likes them that's there choice. Does this answer your question?
wink.gif

Naw, he said Fusions were an introduction to the Brand to younger people.

Some of what he said was BS

Like about the quality and colors and them not trying to devalue the brand and hurt peoples investment

Some of what he said was inspiring to young kids.

Infrared pack never made sense to me anyway, because it would have made the white/varsity and black/varsity irrelevant

But at the end of the day, he designed the 2009, so I don't think he will be missed

Thanks for sharing the vid, answered some of my questions I had about the brand. Wish he could have gave more info but I
understand why he couldn't. That was inspirational what he said at the end.

Thank god for no more fusions.....

People are going to be in their feelings if what he said is true about the infrared pack. The black/ varsity red VI's will start selling out soon.
laugh.gif

Of course he would not put out there everything that is dropping, but at the same time he has no reason to lie about.

JB loves hype, so if people were speculating releases, like the infrared pack, i'm sure he would have thrown something out there if there was
some type of truth to it.

But I would not get my hopes up, especially if no pics surface by May.

Unless JB takes it back like they did with the superfreaks, and starts doing real quickstrikes again, but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Unless JB takes it back like they did with the superfreaks, and starts doing real quickstrikes again, but I doubt it.

from what i heard, that's exactly what's going down. limited amount of shoes coming out the factories early and letting people see what they look like months in advance. JB loves hype, but from what i heard, its becoming something too uncontrollable. DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT. just passing on info.

Back
Top Bottom