Vikings and Texans close on deal.. (Rosenfels to Vikings for a 4th rounder)

jpzx

Supporter
kans08.jpg

93926c910980554dea343bb1842b4ddf9951b11e.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I swear if Frerotte doesn't retire...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Vikings should sign Jeff Garcia...

Jeff-Garcia.jpg

Other Vikings fans want him. I don't. He'd get the Vikings to the playoffs, but they won't ever win a SB with him. And for the record, I reallyenjoy watching Garcia play, but when it comes to my favorite team, forget him.

Garcia > Jackson/Frerotte

Jeff is better than what the Vikings have now... Garcia doesn't make many mistakes plus with the running game & the defense that would be a good fit.As they say all Garcia would have to do is "manage" the game...

Garcia > Jackson/Frerotte

Jeff is better than what the Vikings have now... Garcia doesn't make many mistakes plus with the running game & the defense that would be a good fit. As they say all Garcia would have to do is "manage" the game...

Garcia makes a lot of mistakes in crunch time because he has a gunslinger mentality.

Originally Posted by SomethingDunk

Vikings should get Vick!

Vick and Peterson in the same backfield.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

Minnesota just might. They have choices on the table, they just need to decide now. Garcia, Cassel, Vick, And a guy I like who I think they should make a runat is Matt Hasselbeck.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Vikings should sign Jeff Garcia...

Jeff-Garcia.jpg

Other Vikings fans want him. I don't. He'd get the Vikings to the playoffs, but they won't ever win a SB with him. And for the record, I really enjoy watching Garcia play, but when it comes to my favorite team, forget him.

its not like they are winning the sb with the players they have right now.

^ Yeah. You're right, but I'm saying as far as the options go, Garcia is lower on MY list. Which doesn't carry much water unfortunately.
laugh.gif

Let me repeat what I said only yesterday about this topic
laugh.gif

Means absolutely nothing.

And we now come to this:
Texans near deal to send Rosenfels to Vikings
By John McClain, Houston Chronicle

The Texans and Minnesota are close to completing a trade that would send quarterback Sage Rosenfels to the Vikings, possibly for a fourth-round draft choice.
The Texans had no comment on the report.

This is the second year in a row in which the Vikings have been interested in acquiring Rosenfels as their starting quarterback. Rosenfels, who won six games in the last two seasons when replacing the injured Matt Schaub, is approaching the last year of his contract. If the trade is completed, the Vikings will want to extend Rosenfels' contract.

The Vikings have Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte on their roster. Jackson is a former second-round pick and Frerotte is a 14-year veteran.

Rosenfels, who grew up in Iowa and played at Iowa State, was hoping to be traded to the Vikings last year. Media reports said Minnesota offered a third-round draft choice, but the Texans wanted a second-round pick. Both teams denied an offer was made. The reason Rosenfels wants to be traded to the Vikings is that he would have a chance to start for a team that has Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor at running back and as has led the NFL in run defense for the last two years.

The additional draft choice would give the Texans eight selections in the draft on April 25-26. Their last three picks in the fourth round were tight end Owen Daniels, cornerback Fred Bennett and outside linebacker Xavier Adibi.

The Texans will be in the market for another veteran quarterback. Alex Brink was a seventh-round pick last year who spent the season on the practice squad. When Schaub was injured, the Texans signed Craig Nall for the remainder of the season.

[h3]
[/h3]

Ok...better than what we have but seriously? Rosenfels? We can do WAY better than that.

I'm guessing if this deal gets done we won't go after any other QBs...which means a T-Jack/Rosenfels competition at camp
sick.gif

4th-Rd pick plus cheaper contract for a player of Sage's ability >> Two 1st Rd Picks plus massive contract for a player of Cassel's ability.

That's prob. how the Vikings are looking at it. They can afford the 4th Rd pick for sure. And for some reason they still think Jackson can be their man.

Let's be real. There was going to be no perfect team scenario this offseason for that position. A move like this doesnt really surprise me. Childress gonnabe in for another long season either way which is good.

Yeah, I can understand why we would make this trade because 4th rounders are so hit-and-miss...but I'm more upset that with other QB options that will beout there this off-season, THIS is what we could be going into 2009 with.

I wanted Garcia but it doesn't look like that's going to work out now..

By the way:

roll.gif
roll.gif

I know, the Garcia play was one I was keeping an eye on. But as I mentioned in an earlier thread I didnt exactly see the Vikings going after him simply becausethey openly passed on him 2 years ago (and 2 years younger) when he was a free agent after filling in for McNabb and winning a playoff game and (just looked itup) throwing for 1,280 yards, 10 TDs and 2 INTs in the 6 season-ending games he came in relief for.

Something wasn't right in their eyes and we've had zero indication they were ever going for him.

Still, Garcia has thrown for a grand total of 12 interceptions in his last 33 starts...The Vikings, never taking any chances in the passing game planwhatsoever, have had 31 QB INTs just in the last 2 years.

Sounds exactly like the "game manager" this team needs for just one season.

people should be looking for byron leftwich. dude can still play. he came in for roethlisberger occasionally and was almost always on the money with hispasses.

JPZx wrote:
Yeah, I can understand why we would make this trade because 4th rounders are so hit-and-miss...but I'm more upset that with other QB options that will be out there this off-season, THIS is what we could be going into 2009 with.

I wanted Garcia but it doesn't look like that's going to work out now..

By the way:

roll.gif
roll.gif

that's actually the only reason i remember the name "sage rosenfels"
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
It's the Vikings. Of course they would. Whatever they want I guess. Lord knows I'll be cheering no matter what. For TJ, Frerotte, Rosenfels,whoever. I just have this feeling that Minnesota will lose this beautifully open window they have and will go back to square one (No coach, no QB, stars wholeft elsewhere to win). And again I'll
eyes.gif
because that's the life of a Vikings fan.

We'll see?

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

Just wish they would ride with Tavaris. Feel bad for him, I just think he has talent.

He has a lot of talent. So much potential, but Childress' neglience in handling his development has set him back to where I don't know if he canrecover, or if he'll get another great chance.

I've watched Rosenfels fill in quite effectively for Schaub the past few years in Houston. Needless to say he made some costly mistakes last seasonincluding that late fumble but the guy is a solid QB and could help a team out.

Back
Top Bottom