Vince Carter is G.D.O.A.T.

Not saying he's the greatest dunker ever, but people forget about Kemp and how he'd sometimes have a few highlight reel dunks per game. In terms of power, swag and viciousness, there may have been none better. Guy was a beast.

That Utah windmill at :47 is
sick.gif
sick.gif
.  Unreal.

I still say MJ is #1 because no one was flying like him in the late 80s/early 90s.  But VC is #1a for sure.

Vince had all the talent and athleticism to be one of the greats.  Wizzed it all away just because he didn't care enough. smh

Can't believe his Dunk Contest win was 10 years ago already.

if he just made a dunk video after practice or during some free time during the Off Season, just to prove that he still got it... that would be soooooo
eek.gif
pimp.gif

His really incendiary run (specifically Toronto 98-02) is actually underrated I feel. He made Toronto a contender despite a very young franchise. Personally I don't think anyone can parallel his dunks and other ridiculous non-dunks he's also had in his career that are after-thoughts. His in-game dunks are actually better than about 95% of any dunks in any NBA dunk contest; that says something. It's too bad the Toronto situation probably got a little too overdramatized.

Originally Posted by djaman

His really incendiary run (specifically Toronto 98-02) is actually underrated I feel. He made Toronto a contender despite a very young franchise. Personally I don't think anyone can parallel his dunks and other ridiculous non-dunks he's also had in his career that are after-thoughts. His in-game dunks are actually better than about 95% of any dunks in any NBA dunk contest; that says something. It's too bad the Toronto situation probably got a little too overdramatized.

This.

Your completely right. I dont want to go against my feelings from the past five years or so, but dude put Toronto on the map. As much as I hate him for what went down, I appreciate all he did to help our franchise. I mean, dude went to battle against Iverson in one of the better playoff series' of this decade. If only he hit that shot to go to the conference finals, we could have potentially gone to the NBA finals that year (we would've had a shot against the Bucks, I know it).

Either way, dude is appreciated and hated at the same time. Hope that makes a tonne of sense
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Dude could fly though. Straight out fly...

This man ruined the dunk contest for the entire decade.  After his 2000 win every following year was a let-down.

Am I the only one that entered the thread thinking G.D.O.A.T. stood for Greatest Disappointment Of All Time?

Originally Posted by Teymur85

in all honesty when was the last time VC had a highlight dunk?
Just last week he had like 3 nice dunks in one game. Those were 3 of his 4 field goals in the game .

When you think of "best" in NBA history Vince being the best Dunker is probably the most definitive.

Shawn Kemp is still my personal favorite.

Sorry, screwed up my Kemp post. There were a couple other vids. One where he dunked on the Mavs four times in one game. Kevin Calabro went insane. There was another clip of him going wild on the Hornets, and I think he even got T'd up for taunting after his third dunk of the game.

Brought a tear to me eye
frown.gif
, he was THAT damn good. No one is touching him as an in game dunker, especially in the Toronto years. I kinda wish he never left Toronto, wonder how his career woulda went had he never went to New Jersey.

dude doing windmill alley oops like it's nothing
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom