Vince Young...QB Rating of 61.5

Quote:
Testeverde wins

U have lost your @#%$ Mind.

aaron Brooks weak arm? You do not have a clue of what you're talking about, None whatsoever.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

V. Young will play for 3 more years tops ... dude will go down as the most overrated QB coming out of the draft behind ryan leaf ... once his D starts slacking off he will be exposed ... he runs ... thats it
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
V. Young will play for 3 more years tops ... dude will go down as the most overrated QB coming out of the draft behind ryan leaf ... once his D starts slacking off he will be exposed ... he runs ... thats it
Hoge-M.jpg
OregonDucks
Jonathan Stewart/Dennis Dixon for Heisman.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​

Honestly, how shocked were people to find out that Byron Leftwich ran a 4.9 40 at the combine? Dude DID NOT fit the mold of a "traditional" black QB....it's just sad that people are willing to accept a white QB as a scrambler, but yet raise their eyebrows in disbelief when a black QB is more of a traditional pocket passer....

I didnt mean to take this thread here but sometimes people perpetuate stereotypes sometimes inadvertantly and I feel the need to voice my opinion.

let me reiterate how I feel about Vince Young as a QB. He is very bad right now. almost too early to pass judgement because he really isnt working with the best supporting cast. but In my humble opinon, he is playing very poorly and the Titans are winning despite of his play.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

GUNNA GET IT: Young's low release point makes him a 6'0" quarterback. This means when the pocket collapses around him on a pass protection scheme, he can't throw an 8-12 yard out route without moving out of the pocket to do so. The low release would have him throwing into his O lineman's helmets. When he steps up in the pocket to create the passing lane, it's picked up by the defense to close the out route gaps. He then ends up running with it, but by then the defense has picked up the pattern and limits him to whatever yardage he can get.

Ska: You have to concede that Warren Moon was throwing to much better targets than Vince Young. Drew Hill, Ernest Givins, Webster Slaughter: Vince Young has not these targets.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

I dont care who you are where you're from or what nationality you are, those code words never ever pop up when discussing Jeff garcia, Tony Romo, or Drew Brees and their lack of height and funny releases.

Yes it does. Phillip Rivers release was a major concern when he was getting drafted. Drew Brees went in the 2nd round for a reason (height) this really isnt a race issue at all vince young just cant throw the ball

GUNNA:
the Titans are winning
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Quote:
Yes it does. Phillip Rivers release was a major concern when he was getting drafted. Drew Brees went in the 2nd round for a reason (height) this really isnt a race issue at all vince young just cant throw the ball

word? have you heard anyone say that is the reason he is playing so poorly right now?
Drew Brees was the 1st pick in the 2nd round in a draft where and him "dropping" that far had to do with the Purdue Shot gun offense rather then his height. he was the 2nd QB taken overall in the draft.
and again, when Brees isnt playing well, is his height and release ever brought up? Not once in their 4 game losing streak did u hear or see anyone anywhere say, Its Brees' release and height man thats why he's playing bad.

Gunna I feel you but

Quote:
You dont find it funny that Vinny Testaverde and Jeff George names come up when teams need QBs to come off the couch due to injury. these dudes are 40+ yrs old and werent good in their prime. Aaron Brooks who is younger then them is sitting on his couch CHILLIN' not getting any calls. Shawn King is an ESPN analyst and he's 30.
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

Not saying they don't deserve a chance but the situation calls for players like Testaverde over those two.

With that said, Vince Young is THAT DUDE

Quote:

yeah except vince won rookie of the year, was in the pro bowl (albeit as a replacement), and almost took his team to the playoffs. no one said anything about his defense then because HE lead them. albert "headstomper" haynesworth and the D played its part but most credit went to vince as it should.

Quote:
and again, when Brees isnt playing well, is his height and release ever brought up? Not once in their 4 game losing streak did u hear or see anyone anywhere say, Its Brees' release and height man thats why he's playing bad.

TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX..
TEAM TEXAS LONGHORNS
this comment was made on a mac

There is no denying that VY is playing poorly right now but I wouldn't go as far as to say the Titans are winning despite
Quote:
QB Rating of 61.5
Washington ********
*The 75th Anniversary*
Braves on the Warpath​

Quote:
have a feeling that teams will start to adjust their gameplans in order to make VY try to beat them with his arm.
GO TITANS! GO WIZARDS! GO SHARKS!GO TERPS!

With QB's, I put MUCH more stock into wins than stats. Other positions, stats are more important, but with a QB, just win the game...somehow, I don't care how
Team Economics​
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

People NEED to understand this...VY IS A WINNER. It's that simple. Who cares what the numbers say or how "bad" he's playing right now. Look at the team he has around him. You tell me that's a good team. It's about who VY is and I've said this from day one. We're all judging this man by his performance, or lack there of, but what about VY as a LEADER. No matter what anybody has to say, this dude is leading this team to wins and will continue to do so because that's who he is. I'm tired of hearing about how bad of a performance he put up and so on...bottom line is...he WINS GAMES.

And QB rating also relies heavily on TD's...Granted he only has 3 but his completion percentage is almost 62%...so it's not like he's missing his receivers.

We've already witnessed what this man can do in big games at the college level and we're not far from seeing it on a pro level.

You can continue to bash this man all you want but one thing you can't take away from him, is his ability to lead teams to wins. Plain and simple.
Team POOP​
"Where Number 2 Is Always Better Than Number 1"​
TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gocong - Herremans​
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Trotter - Westbrook​

Quote:
And QB rating also relies heavily on TD's...Granted he only has 3 but his completion percentage is almost 62%...so it's not like he's missing his receivers.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

Today, Ron Jaworski said it is time to take the handcuffs off of Vince. He said that offense never throws anything down the field to the outside. He said its the coaches who are making it difficult for Vince to succeed and if the Titans want to compete they have to let the ball go down the field.

Back
Top Bottom