Vince Young...QB Rating of 61.5

6e822495-3a72-4d73-8236-7cfea8b23ceb.jpg
Quote:
Vince Young isn't so much a quarterback as he is a human good luck charm...he just wins
to adjust their gameplans in order to make VY try to beat them with his arm. Sans the games vs. the Saints and Titans, Young has looked pretty bad. However it all falls back to winning, which is something he seems to do more often than not. I think it will be interesting to see how he fares in the next couple of weeks.

Quote:
As long as they are winning, his passing (or lack thereof) will hardly get any mention.

Merril Hodge will be more than happy to mention his lack of passing...and repeat the phrase "The Titans do a great job of HIDING their QB not HIGHLIGHTING him" while doing it...then he'll proceed to get louder and louder..."HIDING...NOT HIGHLIGHTING!!! IT'S THE DEFENSEE!! NOT VINCE YOUNG!!!" until he's teary eyed with anger. Man, that guy needs to get fired.

Anyways, if their running game isn't working which it wasn't really today (I know they had both TDs off of rushes...I think...I'm not sure cause I didn't watch the game....but 100 yards on 31 carries isn't that great for White) but yeah, if the running game isn't working the defense is going to be there to pick them up (not to sound like Merril, lol). That "human good luck charm" quote is really on point as they just find a way to win when he's behind center.
Team Rams...

As we all know.....VY is the most poised and composed QB in the league...
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball , Patrick Robinson​

Hodge said that phrase yesterday , but they still winning so :lol:
laugh.gif
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

Vince is my favorite athlete in sports but dude throwing game has been looking real suspect lately.

Alot of it is on his shoulders, but until they get a big-time pass catching threat in that offense, it's not going to get any better. Fielding one of the worst groups of receivers in the L when you've got a QB you know isn't exactly accurate with the football isn't a good look...VY is going to be the type guy that needs good receivers to make him go...
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

^^^but cant you say that with all qb's? the qb is only as good as the wr's on his team and VY wr's are boo boo :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMLOSTPOWERCITY​

Vince Young has nobody to throw too, but he has no arm to get there anyway. His release is too low so he doesn't even have a lot of route options that a traditional quarterback would have.

Vince Young is sans Michael Vick. His ability to run is the only thing that allows him to get any passes off. What's Young's rating in the pocket vs out of the pocket?
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

thats what he gets for being on that damn Madden cover.
Team New York​
4L8O15S16T23!42​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
His release is too low so he doesn't even have a lot of route options that a traditional quarterback would have
:rofl:
roll.gif
:\
ohwell.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
throws every pass side arm, wins 2 MVPs and a superbowl , a lower delivery is not an issue and is a non-factor in him to throwing routes like a "traditional QB"

and I really aint wanna go there cuz I think Vince Young is a horrible QB but people use things like these coded words and bring up lack of height, sidearm throwing motion and low release point only when it has to do with tearing down a black QB.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

^^^^^ :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
thinkin that was a racsist rant...
"to most...im somethin like adam jones..pacman i'll eat up your favorite ghost"

I think he's horrible as a qb as well, BUT he continues to win. It will be interesting to see how the Titans do in the playoffs, i can't fathom the Titans winning a playoff game when he throws for less than 120 yards in a game, that is unless he runs TDs in.
RAIDER NATION

Quote:
why does everything always have to be about about race when referring to a black QBs?

because it's a double-standard....if you can't see that, then you're blind...the same can be said of every white WR who is compared to Ricky Proehl

I dont care who you are where you're from or what nationality you are, those code words never ever pop up when discussing Jeff garcia, Tony Romo, or Drew Brees and their lack of height and funny releases.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

maybe its that 61.5 QB Rating that has people going off on his quirky release...ever thought of that?
"to most...im somethin like adam jones..pacman i'll eat up your favorite ghost"

Vince Young's throwing arm has nothing to do with being black. I didn't bring that up. Race is never a factor in my analysis.

GUNNA GET IT: OK. Kurt Warner didn't have a great release. But you can stop pretending like Vince Young is throwing to Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Marshall Faulk as Kurt Warner was. Furthermore, Vince Young doesn't have Mike Martz calling the plays. If Vince Young had these targets and has a Mike Martz, I wouldn't be saying Vince Young is a poor quarterback. The fact of the matter is that Young doesn't have those resources. And when Kurt Warner didn't have those resources, well, we've seen him bounce around the league looking like an average quarterback. Average like a Vince Young.

I guess I need to email Ron Jaworski. He's always got the numbers of passer rating in and out of the pocket.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

You think VY is the first and only Black QB that these "code words" are used on?

All this was questioned before we even knew young's Passer rating. There are different playing fields for black QBs.

Let me walk you thru this... How many back up black QBs have you ever seen in the NFL? In order to make it in the NFL the Black QB has to be head and shoulders above the rest comign int othe draft. He cant be an ordinary college QB like 2/3s of the QBs in the NFL. there is a huge double standard. If a white QB has mobility he goes high in the draft and thats a positive (Alex Smith LOL), if a black QB is mobile he is not thought of as a pocket QB and its a negative.

You dont find it funny that Vinny Testaverde and Jeff George names come up when teams need QBs to come off the couch due to injury. these dudes are 40+ yrs old and werent good in their prime. Aaron Brooks who is younger then them is sitting on his couch CHILLIN' not getting any calls. Shawn King is an ESPN analyst and he's 30.

Yes, we are making steps forward but they are just baby steps when u consider where we have come from and where we need to go.

Quote:
OK. Kurt Warner didn't have a great release. But you can stop pretending like Vince Young is throwing to Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Marshall Faulk as Kurt Warner was. Furthermore, Vince Young doesn't have Mike Martz calling the plays. If Vince Young had these targets and has a Mike Martz, I wouldn't be saying Vince Young is a poor quarterback. The fact of the matter is that Young doesn't have those resources. And when Kurt Warner didn't have those resources, well, we've seen him bounce around the league looking like an average quarterback. Average like a Vince Young.

wait, I thought u just said he couldnt throw traditional routes because of his release point. so his release point isnot the reason
good, Glad you cleaned that up.

Quote:
jeff garcia's height never gets brought up? it gets brought up all the time
ign QB via free agency 3 seperate times, so Its not a "problem" for him, correct?

Testeverde wins. Jeff George is a head case with a great arm. Mechanics for these guys was never an issue. It is an issue for lots of quarterbacks, some white, some black. Rex Grossman has bad mechanics. He's riding the bench even though he has a great arm and throws excellent passes to precision routes.

Stop pretending like skin color has anything to do with Shawn King or Aaron Brooks watching instead of playing. They both have weak arm strength which severely limits their ability to throw an out route without getting intercepted and having the DB take it to the house. They scramble out of the pocket like an average quarterback and their last regular season action was atrocious.

Norm Chow was good at USC. He had targets to design throws to though. He doesn't have that in Nashville.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

I agree with where GUNNA's going.
GUNNA:
You think VY is the first and only Black QB that these "code words" are used on?
The first and only black QB that 'code words' were used on? Heck, there's a HOF QB in the history of the Titans franchise that you could be talking about right now, except he came 15 years before VY.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Back
Top Bottom