Vinyl Collection Thread... vol. crate diggers welcome

What's your total budget?

I'd like to start piece by piece so right now I'm staying away from putting a limit on all the components.

Get a Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB. Retails on Amazon for $249.95. Also has a USB port if you wanna transfer vinyl.

Amazon product ASIN B002S1CJ2Q

If you wanna go a step up for $399, get a Pro-Ject - Debut Carbon. Comes in a couple of different colors too.

Amazon product ASIN B007XTE6YW

So the Pro-Ject is nice? I can swing $400 if quality is greater. This is probably as high as I'd go, for buying now. Thank you fellas.

Honestly, I'd go with the Audio Technica 120. It's more utilitarian looking but does a solid job. Thinking about it now, the Pro-Ject doesn't really offer anything more for the extra money aside from looking a lot nicer.

I actually own the Audio Technica myself. Great turntable. I did upgrade the cartridge and it made a nice difference. I was asking total budget so I could suggest a receiver and speakers as well.

I actually own the Audio Technica myself. Great turntable. I did upgrade the cartridge and it made a nice difference. I was asking total budget so I could suggest a receiver and speakers as well.

Please do share my man. I am very interested in your choice for speakers and a receiver. I appreciate it!

Please do share my man. I am very interested in your choice for speakers and a receiver. I appreciate it!
For a nice stereo integrated amp I'd go with this one.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CATOAM10

Not super pricey, great brand and it's got a phono input, so if you do decide to go with a turntable that doesn't have a line out, only phono out, then you're covered.

As for speakers I'm going with you want some good bookshelf speakers and I'd go with these:

Amazon product ASIN B003B8U9TU
Price is very right on these and you'll get a very high quality speaker for not much money.

If you want to just go all in one, this is always a good option as these things rip:

Amazon product ASIN B005OA3BSY
Only downside is they only have one RCA input and a headphone jack input. So it's a little limiting there. But you could feasibly plug that Audio Technica turntable into the RCA and an iPod or computer into the headphone jack input.

Hope that helps.

Lets try to get this going again fellas. A lot of nice stuff in here. I mostly buy jazz stuff, coltrane, Jamal, etc...not a miles guy. Just recently got an audio tech, and am looking for some new speakers. Had some B&W's that were nice, but too big. Looking to get some bookshelf ones for under 250. Any recs would be appreciated.

Just recently bought a record player. LPs are ******* awesome except for the fact that they are expensive as hell lol.

Happy Birthday to the king Michael Jackson. Here's some of the vinyl I've collected over the past few years

Quick question.

I got an audio technica lp60 Bluetooth. When I connect a computer speaker to it The volume is super low even when I put the speaker volume to max.Any help? Do I need an amp?

Make sure the line out switch is engaged. If the phono button is engaged it’s not gonna be loud on computer speakers.

Back
Top Bottom