Visiting DC...things to do???

I'm taking my girl out to DC for her birthday...we are gonna be there from Thursday-Tuesday. We're coming in from NYC. She already scheduled some ofher $@**++*# (like some boomerang bus
grin.gif
. But I'm looking for a coupleplaces to visit (restaurants, clubs, etc). Anything cool to check out besides the monuments/museums. My homegirl told me to check out club love
nerd.gif

^ love is outdated now i think, though i dont go down there much, check out georgetown there are some good spots out htere, and arlington is also alot of fun.

Ibiza, Fur, Park(lounge), 24 on bladensburg, adams morgan etc...

carryout's have the wings...you may or may not like mambo sauce. i personally don't like ben's chili bowl, but you all might.

the metro skips georgetown, so its either drive or catch the bus. nice area, worth the time.

if your shopping, i think theres a sticky for boutiques/retailers in the area.

Originally Posted by Silsprr

Originally Posted by Ajshoeaddict23

its DC restaurant week so look into it and take her out to a nice place.
Sure is here is the link.... http://washington.org/restaurantwk/
Ok Thanks and I will be looking for couple that are close to our hotel. Anyone with any other suggestions...just things to do in the daytimemaybe?

And how does the boomerang bus work?

Thanks to everyone who has responded and will respond/

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington is a must.

You think? I thought it was ok, but not all that. Thought there was a bit too much going on with the burger.

if you get the Washington Post on Friday i think they still do a section called "Weekender" it will give
you some events/spots for Friday, Saturday and Sunday..
There are a couple nice spots on U street near 14th street..i like HR-57 on 14th around R street i think..its a nice jazz spot ..and you can
BYOB with a cork fee..
during the day i would say hit Georgetown and the museums..mounuments are nice a night with the lights and all..
you can do a night tour with a car service( i know a good one) for about $60 and hour which is really cool and your girl will love it..

have fun..be safe

Check out the National Harbor When you get a chance.

As far as clubs on Tuesday go to Lotus Lounge they have free Ziroc drink specials around 9 or 10. Then walk around the corner to Eye Bar. On Wednesday trygoing to Josephines. All of these spots are cool spots that you can have a good time with your girl. If you need anymore suggestions just drop me a PM. Havefun.

BTW all the clubs I mentioned are within walking distance of your hotel but since its cold and your from out of town you could always call a cab.

DEFINITELY hit up the morgan, adams morgan for that jumbo slice (f yo ny pizza nukka!!!)

any carry-out but watch out if its in the hood. wings, fries and MAMBO SAUCE (its the flavor if the city)

love is closed temp (
smh.gif
)

u st is a must if yall like live music (yall ain't ready for a gogo though
laugh.gif
)

georgetown is a must

and hit up LaVan for some clothes!

^It ain't closed temporarily, my N'. It's done. Liquor license revoked due to you lil N's stabbing folks in stairwells. Too many violationswill get you that in the District these days.

Damn Dream is closed. Never thought I would see the day.

So what is the #1 spot now.....Lux?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Damn Dream is closed. Never thought I would see the day.

So what is the #1 spot now.....Lux?

You can tell how out of the loop this NTer is. I heard a lot about club 9:30.

F Love.

Thursday- Fur night club or Muse
Friday- Pasha
Saturday- IBIZA

Back
Top Bottom