VISITING SPAIN (Barcelona/Madrid/Seville)

Taking a trip to Spain and want to hear from any NTers who may have traveled and have suggestions on places to visit! Sites, shops or places to eat!

Just visited Barcelona and Ibiza last July. Food was terrible imo. But I am also not a foodie. Really nice buildings to visit in Barcelona. You should take the 2 day tour bus where you jump on and jump off. It was about 40 euros a person but I thought it was worth it.

Yeah Barcelona is a party city and have amazing architectural buildings but the food isn’t that great. However, Madrid food is better.

Quimet & Quimet

Edit - Also, It was surprisingly easy to get tickets off ticketmaster to watch Barca play a match (and this was when Messi was on the squad).

oh, interesting, please elaborate on why the food isnt good?
Seemed to always lack flavor. The seasoning just wasn't there. I even tried a michelin star restaurant that's popular for their paella, and that was just meh... can't remember the name of the restaurant.
However, a Mexican restaurant called tequila cantina wasn't bad. Probably the best food I had while in Spain.

Last edited:
Wow im suprised people in here saying the food isnt good in barcelona. I enjoyed the tapas spots i hit when i was there.

But barcelona has a decent beach and some culture sites to see like the chapel called la sagrada familia

Seemed to always lack flavor. The seasoning just wasn't there. I even tried a michelin star restaurant that's popular for their paella, and that was just meh... can't remember the name of the restaurant.
However, a Mexican restaurant called tequila cantina wasn't bad. Probably the best food I had while in Spain.

This. Everything seems like it was missing something. Even their seafood or their paella. Weird.

Spanish food is a lot more nuanced flavor wise.. than Mexican.

I find Cuban and food in Spain to be pretty bland. Paella is just a big OK.

I’ve been to all those cities OP: I personally like museums, art, partying, day drinking and lots of walking/sightseeing. Not much of a tourist attraction type of person. I usually ask the locals what’s poppin. Tapas bars are pretty dope and economical, you cans try a few small plates for less than 10eur and then hit another, then another. Flamenco shows for the nightlife and live bands.. if you like clubbing you’ll probably find plenty.

Spanish food is a lot more nuanced flavor wise.. than Mexican.

I find Cuban and food in Spain to be pretty bland. Paella is just a big OK.

I’ve been to all those cities OP: I personally like museums, art, partying, day drinking and lots of walking/sightseeing. Not much of a tourist attraction type of person. I usually ask the locals what’s poppin. Tapas bars are pretty dope and economical, you cans try a few small plates for less than 10eur and then hit another, then another. Flamenco shows for the nightlife and live bands.. if you like clubbing you’ll probably find plenty.

For Cuba, you have to go out to the country side like Viñales for good food. Havana was not impressive when it comes to food.

BLAND food in Barcelona and Madrid? Y'all buggin or eating at the wrong places

The diversity available in Barcelona alone is hard to beat

French and Italians look down on Spanish food but it's underrated imo

Some of the freshest and best produce, seafood, meats and spices around

There are less restaurants catered towards tourists in Madrid which is nice. It's more "traditional" Spanish food overall compared to Barcelona. More of a tapas scene

But I really enjoy Catalan cuisine and it seems there is more of a variety in Barcelona. More international influence and chefs, better street food

You really can't go wrong with either and both are different enough

Y’all tripping…I loved the food in Barcelona
Not sure where you guys went but it was amazing
They have one of the best fresh food markets in the world too

Y’all tripping…I loved the food in Barcelona
Not sure where you guys went but it was amazing
They have one of the best fresh food markets in the world too

I personally went for my bday (actually was there for NYE) - nightlife, bungee jump/rock climbing, Game of Thrones filming sites and I’m a fan of Antoni Gaudi and the art history of Picasso. Food was not the reason. :lol:

Last edited:
Fresh foods still need seasoning my guy.
Although I was with my wife, I didn't see any quality yams out there. Not many females made my weeny wiggle off looks alone.

Fresh foods still need seasoning my guy.
Although I was with my wife, I didn't see any quality yams out there. Not many females made my weeny wiggle off looks alone.
Read my reply again
Y’all just ate at wack places

Saying a whole city’s food is bad is more of a reflection on you

Reflection of me? :lol: **** outta here. I went to recommended spots and the food was meh. But ay, if you want to take it as i am saying the whole city's has trash food... 🤷🏾‍♂️
You also haven't listed any places to eat.
Since yall sensitive, I stayed in Diagonal Mar ... the food that I had in that area, and maybe 20 mile radius, was trash.

Last edited:
Read my reply again
Y’all just ate at wack places

Saying a whole city’s food is bad is more of a reflection on you

Come on jape jape you be in the food thread with me :lol: you know my palate ain’t that far off.

Back
Top Bottom