Von Dutch vol. What happened? (pics)

laugh.gif
My girl and I were discussing that Von Dutch has been absent for agood 5 years now. What happened? Now that corny Ed Hardy is poppin I haven't seen a Von Dutch cap in a minute.

'02-'04 the market was saturated in Von Dutch nonsense.

VonDutchHat.jpg

Von_dutch_cap.jpg

von_dutch_300dpi_jpeg.jpg

280px-Von_Dutch_energy_drink.jpg

-The Juice

it got played out? i ono

i always thought it was ironic how black peeps would rock this stuff all the time not knowing the dude who created it was a mean racist

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ed Hardy is made by the same Von Dutch people, right?

I don't think so. Never was a fan of Von Dutch nor am I of Ed Hardy or brands like it.

There is two ways you can run a clothing company, A) stay fresh with your product and DO NOT mass produce, just keep the prices the same throughout the year orB) hit a gold mine like Ed Hardy and just mass produce that +%!* out of it and come out with new +@*% every week knowing this is your time to make all themoney you can, cause 2 years from now you will be a memory.

i saw some von dutch tanktops at the 99cent store over on crenshaw and slauson yesterday in LA.

I still have 2 Von Dutch Track Jackets with the eyeball with wings on the back. I'll probably just give it to a thrift store or one of my cousins. Neverreally like trucker hats in general.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I still have 2 Von Dutch Track Jackets with the eyeball with wings on the back. I'll probably just give it to a thrift store or one of my cousins. Never really like trucker hats in general.
The *$%+ you buy them in the first place then?

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I still have 2 Von Dutch Track Jackets with the eyeball with wings on the back. I'll probably just give it to a thrift store or one of my cousins. Never really like trucker hats in general.
The *$%+ you buy them in the first place then?
QFT. I'll be honest, I had a few trucker hats, but they weren't Von Dutch. I think they were 3 for 15 or something like that at the FleaMarket and Wal-Mart. No way I'm paying more than 10 for a hat that isn't even filled in all the way.

I saw Christian Audigiers on Cribs, didn't know who he was until somebody mentioned what he did. Yea he looks like he designed "Ed Hardy" and"Von Dutch" bc he looks just like a Tampon Rag.

Did anybody see his powder blue truck
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MECKS

it got played out? i ono

i always thought it was ironic how black peeps would rock this stuff all the time not knowing the dude who created it was a mean racist
well it was about style at the time and they saw their favorite celebrities doing it so they (as well as countless "white" people)didn't bother to do any research into the name on the brand. then again, who ever really does? and half the time people just dont believe the rumors andnever look into it themselves. i remember when people used to claim Tommy Hilfiger was racist. that turned out to be complete b.s.

that said, yeah kenneth howard (von dutch) was a huge racist and anti-semite.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Ed Hardy is made by the same Von Dutch people, right?

yes............christian audigier
Yeah, I thought so. All three under the same umbrella.
Christian Audigier has designed for Von Dutch, he doesn't own the company nor does he still design for them I don't think

Back
Top Bottom