• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
coming from an SGS1 (yes the first galaxy s), i'm not that impressed with the nexus 4 after playing with it for 12 hours. :\

Had some hands on time with the DNA today, a little disappointing.
Camera is nice, screen is fire.
Physical buttons suck and I'm just not a big fan of Sense. My biggest issue is the delay on Navigation. My Razr HD is instantaneous with it, a premium Android device should offer that.
I still may grab it because its so cheap and if I don't like I'll sell it but I told myself the next phone I cop will bet my last for a while so I dunno.

get the Note 2 or if you can wait, wait till spring see what the GS4 hit on

I can't rock the with Note 2, I've spent 3 hours trying to make it work and its just too damn big and if I'm spending 299.99 on a phone it better be everything I know and I love and then some.

I've been opposed to rooting but physically the DNA is everything I'm looking for coupled with the fact I can get it for 99.99 I'm still leaning that way, I'll see what developer community comes up with. I have a few weeks at least before the DNA is available to me either way. Quite as kept I'm even considering the iPhone because I'll still have the Razr HD as my work phone. It will be a really nice phone once it gets Jellybean.

Decisions decisions.

[h1]Samsung Galaxy S4 to have 5 inch 1080p display, 13 megapixel camera? [RUMOR][/h1]
posted on Nov 20th 2012 by Quentyn Kennemer

Share This Story

While the Samsung Galaxy S3 has captured the interests of many for the long haul it’s no secret Samsung is beginning to look ahead to its next wonderful creation. The Samsung Galaxy S4 looks to take things to heights even Samsung has yet to reach. Latest rumors suggest Samsung will be putting some ridiculous hardware inside this thing, and there’s no reason to believe they won’t.

For starters, that 4.99 inch Super AMOLED HD display we’ve been hearing about is said to be one of many main attractions inside this thing. The display will sport 1080p resolution which should make for 441 pixels per inch. For comparison’s sake, the Samsung Galaxy S3 had a 4.8 inch 720p HD display. As beautiful as it looks, this new display should blow it straight out of the water.

Another key spec is the rumored 13MP camera. While 13MP sensors in smartphones are nothing new it will be interesting to see how Samsung’s particular line of sensors have evolved. More megapixels don’t always mean better quality, but we’d be surprised to see Samsung not improving on the sensor overall.

For the chipset, the S4 is said to have Samsung’s Exynos Adonis chipset, a 28nm solution based on the ARM Cortex-A15 specification that should bring pretty much the best smartphone performance we’ve seen yet. Gains will be had in sheer performance, obviously, but power consumption should also be a major factor as the 28nm process should make for better power efficiency.

Korean site Asiae says we should expect this thing to be announced as soon as CES, a very strange change of pace for Samsung considering we usually don’t see the next evolution of the Galaxy S line until Mobile World Congress. We’re not complaining, though. Us folks in the US are especially grateful to see an earlier release considering we tend to get devices a month or two late. This is all a rumor, though, so if every bit of it doesn’t pan out don’t get too angry at us or Samsung. And the wait begins…

[via Unwired View]
sheeshh

[h1]Samsung Galaxy S4 to have 5 inch 1080p display, 13 megapixel camera? [RUMOR][/h1]

Share This Story

While the Samsung Galaxy S3 has captured the interests of many for the long haul it’s no secret Samsung is beginning to look ahead to its next wonderful creation. The Samsung Galaxy S4 looks to take things to heights even Samsung has yet to reach. Latest rumors suggest Samsung will be putting some ridiculous hardware inside this thing, and there’s no reason to believe they won’t.

For starters, that 4.99 inch Super AMOLED HD display we’ve been hearing about is said to be one of many main attractions inside this thing. The display will sport 1080p resolution which should make for 441 pixels per inch. For comparison’s sake, the Samsung Galaxy S3 had a 4.8 inch 720p HD display. As beautiful as it looks, this new display should blow it straight out of the water.

Another key spec is the rumored 13MP camera. While 13MP sensors in smartphones are nothing new it will be interesting to see how Samsung’s particular line of sensors have evolved. More megapixels don’t always mean better quality, but we’d be surprised to see Samsung not improving on the sensor overall.

For the chipset, the S4 is said to have Samsung’s Exynos Adonis chipset, a 28nm solution based on the ARM Cortex-A15 specification that should bring pretty much the best smartphone performance we’ve seen yet. Gains will be had in sheer performance, obviously, but power consumption should also be a major factor as the 28nm process should make for better power efficiency.

Korean site Asiae says we should expect this thing to be announced as soon as CES, a very strange change of pace for Samsung considering we usually don’t see the next evolution of the Galaxy S line until Mobile World Congress. We’re not complaining, though. Us folks in the US are especially grateful to see an earlier release considering we tend to get devices a month or two late. This is all a rumor, though, so if every bit of it doesn’t pan out don’t get too angry at us or Samsung. And the wait begins…

[via Unwired View]
sheeshh
If those rumors are true

There aren't contracts on the tabs anymore so yeah that shouldn't be an issue. Worst case scenario activate it with a plan and cancel it a day or two later.

Last edited:
SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 TO HAVE 5 INCH 1080P DISPLAY, 13 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA? [RUMOR]
Share This Story

[via Unwired View]

Sounds like whatever hype their was around the HTC DNA will be VERY short lived.

Samsung not trying to give up their top spot at all :lol:

Might get the note2 but I'm going to need a new car mount...and a Bluetooth.
I was going to get a phone and a nexus7 but well see if the note holds me down on both ends.

mine came in this morning.
16gb ordered at 8:43pst

No offense to you at all, I'm glad you got yours but thats utter BS.

My order went through at 12: 04 Est, so 8:04 PST, FORTY minutes before yours and I'm in limbo AND none of my 16gb orders went through.

Google is losing points by me every second. If I wasn't saving 1200 bucks in phone bills this year alone by switching to their phone I would have already done cancelled.

Last edited:
Sorry a little late to the game with the launchers. I've rooted phones before just didn't put any launchers on them. What exactly do they do?
Launchers changes the look and functionality of the homescreen and the app drawer. Homescreens can have animations when you swipe from screen to screen, and you can change your docks as well. You can also add any particular number of homescreens you want. You can change how you scroll your App drawer and sorting it out. Its definitely more options than a regular stock launcher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom