• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just installed Liquid Smooth on the sg3-sgh-i747 att

installed gapps, and photoshphere... will post a pic with photosphere in a min

kalikid23, my S3 also has problems with SD cards. One of them became "damaged," or at least it couldn't read it. At one point it also said my second SD card was also damaged, but I played around with it (pulled it in and out a couple times) and now it works. I haven't taken it out since because I'm worried the S3 SD gods will be angry again...

Anyway, there seem to be a lot of problems with the S3 and SD cards. This may be of help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35711720&postcount=11

Had been frustrating with my new Sandisk Ultra class 10 32g till one day I was about to send my S3 in to demand for replacement, I did a final test of the card on other S3 & phones - & it had the same problem - SO IT WAS THE CARD....

Called Sandisk Distributor & they said it is a known problem between S3 & several SD brands but Sandisk has resolved the issue with the new batch of cards that has just arrived in Dec 2012.

Changed the card one-for-one (lifetime warranty ) & plugged it in immediately - Problem solved. Card remains usable again....

and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32715642&postcount=3

Does the PC still recognize the card when inserted? If so, then run a check disk in command prompt... start>run>cmd>ok>chkdsk /x /f drive: and it'll fix the file system which was some how corrupted, you shouldn't need to format it but back up the important stuff like nanroids, photos, etc that are only on the card. This is a problem that seems to have been plaqueing Android for sometime now, I lost a 32GB Class 4 and everything on it to this problem, the PC doesn't even see it and let alone Android.

good luck

kalikid23, my S3 also has problems with SD cards. One of them became "damaged," or at least it couldn't read it. At one point it also said my second SD card was also damaged, but I played around with it (pulled it in and out a couple times) and now it works. I haven't taken it out since because I'm worried the S3 SD gods will be angry again...

Anyway, there seem to be a lot of problems with the S3 and SD cards. This may be of help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35711720&postcount=11

Had been frustrating with my new Sandisk Ultra class 10 32g till one day I was about to send my S3 in to demand for replacement, I did a final test of the card on other S3 & phones - & it had the same problem - SO IT WAS THE CARD....

Called Sandisk Distributor & they said it is a known problem between S3 & several SD brands but Sandisk has resolved the issue with the new batch of cards that has just arrived in Dec 2012.

Changed the card one-for-one (lifetime warranty ) & plugged it in immediately - Problem solved. Card remains usable again....

and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32715642&postcount=3

Does the PC still recognize the card when inserted? If so, then run a check disk in command prompt... start>run>cmd>ok>chkdsk /x /f drive: and it'll fix the file system which was some how corrupted, you shouldn't need to format it but back up the important stuff like nanroids, photos, etc that are only on the card. This is a problem that seems to have been plaqueing Android for sometime now, I lost a 32GB Class 4 and everything on it to this problem, the PC doesn't even see it and let alone Android.

good luck

Thanks my dude, I appreciate the response.

I will format the card in hopes that it fixes the problem...

My computer reads the card just fine when attaced via usb and my phone or when inserted in the laptops sd slot.

If formatting does not fix it, then i guess i will call sandisk and see what they say.

[h1]'Galaxy Note 8.0' spotted in the wild, has traditional button setup[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jan 24 2013 | 8:10 am  | 56 COMMENTS

tab4_b_7733.jpg

We've learned much about the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0  over the past week or so, from specs  to a purported release date. Now we have what might be our first proper glimpse of the tablet itself out in the wild -- and it's packing a few surprises. In spy shots obtained by Italian outlet DDAY.it, we see an unknown Samsung tablet sporting a curved chassis similar to the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 -- a far cry from earlier Samsung tablet designs. The size of the tablet, and the "S Pen" holder shown in the bottom right in the pic above, would seem to confirm this as the Galaxy Note 8.0.

More surprising still is Samsung's apparent decision to eschew on-screen buttons in favor of a traditional menu, home and back setup. It's a break from usual Android tablet designs, though it could be argued that changes to Android's action bar in version 4.2  mean that on-screen controls are less important than they were back in the Honeycomb  days.

We should also consider the possibility that this might not be the final Note 8.0 design. In the past, Samsung has craftily put out several pre-release versions  of devices (like the Galaxy S3) in the hope of keeping the final design secret. Regardless, it's in Samsung's best interest, branding-wise, to make the Note 8.0 visually close to its smartphone line-up, and this kind of design certainly achieves that.

Previous rumors have the Galaxy Note 8.0 debuting at Mobile World Congress  in late February ahead of a March launch. Reported specs include an 8-inch 1280x800 display, a 1.6GHz Exynos 4 Quad CPU, 2GB of RAM and TouchWiz'd Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. We'll be live in Barcelona next month to bring you full coverage of the Note 8.0 as it's announced.

Source: DDAY.it; via: SamMobile

Yep and we are all about cherry pop pin on NT

app of your bank
Mint
All the Google apps
Netflix
Alarm clock ultra
EBay.

What carrier did yo get the phone on?

t-mo
i'll check out mint
EVERY google app? :x :nerd:
got NF already :D
don't really need an alarm clock :\
i'll use comp for ebay

thanks for these ideas guys... keep em coming

Cerberus will allow you to take pictures from your computer and among other things.

thank... will dl that

on a side note... i did NOT know i could dl apps on my comp and it would automatically install in my phone :lol:
man the tech these days

t-mo
i'll check out mint
EVERY google app? :x :nerd:
got NF already :D
don't really need an alarm clock :\
i'll use comp for ebay

thanks for these ideas guys... keep em coming
thank... will dl that

on a side note... i did NOT know i could dl apps on my comp and it would automatically install in my phone :lol:
man the tech these days

Ebay on the phone is Clutch if your bidding
Alarm Clock Ultra has a section that can be used for power naps.
You can have it ring in 15, 30, 60 or 120 mins. Great for Power Naps
Every Google App outside of Blogger and 2012 is used in some form. I don't use star map much but they all have their uses

you switch phones alot bro. :lol: why would you ever sell your phone before you had a new one though?

i was gonna get a gnex but it's just too old. plus i rooted my sg2 so i'm on jellybean. that will hold me over until i'm out of contract. just paid a 323 dollar phone bill. :x not about this life anymore.

I really just want a T-Mobile S2. Ill continue to wait patiently for prices to continue to drop.

Can anyway explain to my why Samsung will have a 8" and 7" pad? I'm honestly confused.

you switch phones alot bro. :lol: why would you ever sell your phone before you had a new one though?

i was gonna get a gnex but it's just too old. plus i rooted my sg2 so i'm on jellybean. that will hold me over until i'm out of contract. just paid a 323 dollar phone bill. :x not about this life anymore.

Sell why value is still higher, for example if I preorder a device, I could sell my current device before the official announcement and have something to use till I get new one. Plan on doing this for the GS4 and next iPhone.

got you. why don't you try the xperia z? that camera is bound to be fire.

this is the main reason I have not jumped shipped fully to Android besides the fact that I like to try everything. I have faith in Sony but I hate that Android Manufacturers announce something and it doesnt drop for another 3 months INTERNATIONALLY and then another exter 1-2 months for USA.

If the Sony drops on VZW i`d cop in quickness, most def would be better than the plastic slabs samsung makes, because I`m big on aesthetics ,but I`m intrested to see that 8 core performance.

i can't find any good ringtone apps
do they have one that changes the music everytime someone calls you?
i have ringtone rotator and i can only select their ringtones which suck.

also what's this "rooting" i'm hearing about? :nerd:
what's the purpose of this?

Last edited:
i can't find any good ringtone apps
do they have one that changes the music everytime someone calls you?
i have ringtone rotator and i can only select their ringtones which suck.

also what's this "rooting" i'm hearing about? :nerd:
what's the purpose of this?

It's like jailbreaking for the iPhone.

DL Zedge for ringtones. Or you can make your own.

Back
Top Bottom